Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 137

Thread: Draymond Green

  1. #76
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, US
    Posts
    11,057
    Dubs need to make a huge splash after this season. And nothing says that more than a huge FA signing, big time trade or a top pick in the draft.

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    20,387
    Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    Dubs need to make a huge splash after this season. And nothing says that more than a huge FA signing, big time trade or a top pick in the draft.
    i wouldnt call joe smith or kenyon martin a huge splash..... top pick int he draft wont be a whole lot different then 4th pick this yr (in terms of how other teams will view the strength of your roster)

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,081
    Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    Dubs need to make a huge splash after this season. And nothing says that more than a huge FA signing, big time trade or a top pick in the draft.
    Nah, they just need to progress and get healthy.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    20,387
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Nah, they just need to progress and get healthy.
    that would be fine if they werent obviously tanking. when you are throwing away a season- you should want a clear benefit to be the result

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,081
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    that would be fine if they werent obviously tanking. when you are throwing away a season- you should want a clear benefit to be the result
    The benefit is a better draft pick, time to evaluate lesser players on the roster, and more PT for the kids.

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    20,387
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    The benefit is a better draft pick, time to evaluate lesser players on the roster, and more PT for the kids.
    all of those things are positive and have potential to make you better off moving forward. But since they are throwing away a season in the prime of 3 all star's careers and stopping a 5 year run of going to the finals every year- It would be nice if the benefits were a little bit more clear and..... not just things that could potentially help

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, US
    Posts
    11,057
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    all of those things are positive and have potential to make you better off moving forward. But since they are throwing away a season in the prime of 3 all star's careers and stopping a 5 year run of going to the finals every year- It would be nice if the benefits were a little bit more clear and..... not just things that could potentially help
    So what do you suggest they do? Run Steph and Klay out there and push for another finals appearance? Maybe the 8th seed?

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    20,387
    Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    So what do you suggest they do? Run Steph and Klay out there and push for another finals appearance? Maybe the 8th seed?
    get draymond to be the tuff guy everyone says he is- a tuff guy doesnt need to sit out just cuz he played 39 minutes. also get draymond to play with motivation(you know- like everyone here said he didnt need a contract extension to do). If draymond is playing each and every game, russell is out there every game.... and draymond is playing like he did in the portland series- warriors are gonna be able to hold down the fort until curry gets back- then curry and thompson sneak them into the playoffs and nobody wants to face the warriors

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, US
    Posts
    11,057
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    get draymond to be the tuff guy everyone says he is- a tuff guy doesnt need to sit out just cuz he played 39 minutes. also get draymond to play with motivation(you know- like everyone here said he didnt need a contract extension to do). If draymond is playing each and every game, russell is out there every game.... and draymond is playing like he did in the portland series- warriors are gonna be able to hold down the fort until curry gets back- then curry and thompson sneak them into the playoffs and nobody wants to face the warriors
    And they get an 8th seed, (Thompsonís not coming back), they lose their draft pick and then ultimately lose in the 2nd round?

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    20,387
    Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    And they get an 8th seed, (Thompsonís not coming back), they lose their draft pick and then ultimately lose in the 2nd round?
    Mycal thompson said he expected klay to come back sometime in late feb or early march. have there been any setbacks since october when he said that?

    a high draft pick in this yrs draft is very over rated as there is not a tim duncan/lebron james or even a chris webber available

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,081
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    Mycal thompson said he expected klay to come back sometime in late feb or early march. have there been any setbacks since october when he said that?

    a high draft pick in this yrs draft is very over rated as there is not a tim duncan/lebron james or even a chris webber available
    Only because you only live in the present and don't understand planning for the future.

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    20,387
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Only because you only live in the present and don't understand planning for the future.
    LOL- and your going to be the same person next year saying everything is going according to plan when they throw the entire season away because of an injury.... looking at the 2021 draft. Meanwhile- their 2020 draft pick will be in the d league

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,081
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    LOL- and your going to be the same person next year saying everything is going according to plan when they throw the entire season away because of an injury.... looking at the 2021 draft. Meanwhile- their 2020 draft pick will be in the d league
    No, I can be critical if they screw up, and if the 2020 pick is in the d-league for non-injury reasons something will have gone VERY wrong.

    You, on the other hand, are critical of player's "effort" when they miss a shot, which is absurd in the extreme.

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    20,387
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    No, I can be critical if they screw up, and if the 2020 pick is in the d-league for non-injury reasons something will have gone VERY wrong.

    You, on the other hand, are critical of player's "effort" when they miss a shot, which is absurd in the extreme.
    in your opinion- did something go horribly wrong with the PR updates on boguts surgery back in 2012? Because you seemed to think referring to micro fracture surgery as a routine exploratory process was 100% kosher.... and left nothing to be questioned or critical over.

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,081
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    in your opinion- did something go horribly wrong with the PR updates on boguts surgery back in 2012? Because you seemed to think referring to micro fracture surgery as a routine exploratory process was 100% kosher.... and left nothing to be questioned or critical over.
    No, I didn't then and I still don't care. I said then and I still say now that the teams are going to lie to you and that is okay. What you dismiss is that trade made the Warriors MUCH better and lead directly to a title, yet you *****ed about it for years.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •