Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Draymond Green

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    It is. However, you think every injury is fake and weíre tanking. You could have easily just not put might as well go for a lotto pick. Itís clear weíre trying to win. Your now saying if we donít make the finals itís tanking. 1 team from our division will make it. Just 1 spot available for us. The West is a **** show. Thereís no guarantees in life and your post over the years suggest all you want is a guarantee warriors final victor and anything less is them not trying and tanking. Thatís not an opinion. Thatís something else.

As for resigning him a year early. Contracts arenít the only thing players play for. Green showed he had a new understanding of how he needs to act and treat his body. Time will tell if he keeps it up. However, Drayís fire and desire to win has never been in question.
    to the first paragraph- going from 5 straight seasons in the finals as favorites to not making the finals would be a step in the wrong direction. Virtually every organization in any industry does not see accomplishing less than the previous year as being an ideal goal or outcome.

To the second paragraph- I supported my opinion. YES- there are many things that motivate players and a contract or money isnt the only thing. I believe that to be true. I still do believe playing for a contract definitely is one thing that motivates players. In the warriors current situation- I dont think they should take any motivation away from any of their players. In other words- everything you can do to keep the guys motivated do it. yes there are other things that could motivate green- but i dont think management should be taking motivation off the table.

They also have 4 players now owed over 100 million each over the next 4-5 yrs. They have not even seen how good these 4 players are together yet. I understand the first 3, the warriors had to make a call and they took the gamble. There was nothing forcing them to extend green right now. They gave up the opportunity to see how the group worked together before giving up huge amounts of flexibility

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    to the first paragraph- going from 5 straight seasons in the finals as favorites to not making the finals would be a step in the wrong direction. Virtually every organization in any industry does not see accomplishing less than the previous year as being an ideal goal or outcome.

To the second paragraph- I supported my opinion. YES- there are many things that motivate players and a contract or money isnt the only thing. I believe that to be true. I still do believe playing for a contract definitely is one thing that motivates players. In the warriors current situation- I dont think they should take any motivation away from any of their players. In other words- everything you can do to keep the guys motivated do it. yes there are other things that could motivate green- but i dont think management should be taking motivation off the table.

They also have 4 players now owed over 100 million each over the next 4-5 yrs. They have not even seen how good these 4 players are together yet. I understand the first 3, the warriors had to make a call and they took the gamble. There was nothing forcing them to extend green right now. They gave up the opportunity to see how the group worked together before giving up huge amounts of flexibility
    5 straight years is unprecedented territory. Sports is different from other industries. Youre not stupid and you know your expectations are unreasonable. Stop.

We offer the contract now and save a significant amount of money. We wait a year and that max goes way up. It was smart business. Especially when the player you give the contract to is the most competitive person on your team and the heart of your team. Green has flaws as a player but that contract is smart.

Yes they need to see how they fit together. If it doesnít work their all locked up and itís easier to move one. Green is on a cheaper deal because itís this year. Which will make it easier to move him if needed down the road. If not then we have the chance of him walking or having to sort out a deal for Klay or Dlo (realistically Dlo) with Greens impending FA. It was a smart move by a smart organization. This isnít the Cohan years.

^ love seeing you praise Green. Donít remember the last time Iíve seen that from you

Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    ^ love seeing you praise Green. Donít remember the last time Iíve seen that from you
    I love Green but just cause I love him doesnít mean I canít be critical of him. Same goes for Klay and Curry.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12