Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Draymond Green

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    As usual that's not the way it works. He's playing hard, but he knows it's not the playoffs, and Kerr asked him to lead the other players into the plays rather than trying to make them himself. He talked about it himself a couple weeks ago. He's spending a lot of extra time with them in practice and is pushing them to take the lead in the games more.

Holding the contract over his head would be counter productive in the long run. Whether you or other people get it or not, he's one of the franchise guys.
    the competitor that you guys described to me this summer would never ever ever be in on this tanking. It appears draymond is ok with losing a lot of games

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    the competitor that you guys described to me this summer would never ever ever be in on this tanking. It appears draymond is ok with losing a lot of games
    Because he can think beyond each minute in each game to the longer term.

Looks like my concerns are coming true. And if you dont think there are legitimate concerns as to whether they are tanking or not.... perhaps you need to pay more attention.

Also- draymond does not appear to have the same level of motivation that he would if he were chasing a max contract. Hes missed half the season so far for very minor injuries.... LOL hes sitting out today because his heel is sore. I mean seriously.....? this is suppose to be a tough customer too according to buikee and fitz. Seems like every single minor imperfection- they dont hesitate to sit him. I think we would have won more games this yr if we made him earn that contract this season. What i have watched so far this yr does not warrant a max deal for green. Not at 30 yrs of age next summer. Heck- im not even sure he is more valuable to the team than our second round pick so far this season.... its basically a toss up IMO
    Yes you got what you wanted. Weíre officially tanking.

The situation has also clearly changed. Itís not Klays out for the year. Steph is out with a broken hand. Draymond has had nagging injuries (tho he certainly would have played through them otherwise). DLo could prob ditto same as Dray. Looneyís injuries are real and unfortunately timed but Iím gonna trust the organization didnít just make up some random Neurological issue out of thin air as they could have just kept saying hamstrings. Kerr is asking Dray to coach them on the court. Itís different itís gonna be a long year. We will likely be right back in the thick of it next year. Tho I know Iím talking to a wall and youíll be talking tank at the start of next year like you have every year during our dominant run.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Yes you got what you wanted. Weíre officially tanking.

The situation has also clearly changed. Itís not Klays out for the year. Steph is out with a broken hand. Draymond has had nagging injuries (tho he certainly would have played through them otherwise). DLo could prob ditto same as Dray. Looneyís injuries are real and unfortunately timed but Iím gonna trust the organization didnít just make up some random Neurological issue out of thin air as they could have just kept saying hamstrings. Kerr is asking Dray to coach them on the court. Itís different itís gonna be a long year. We will likely be right back in the thick of it next year. Tho I know Iím talking to a wall and youíll be talking tank at the start of next year like you have every year during our dominant run.

Got what i wanted- this was exactly what I didnt want. The one all star we have on the floor thats healthy has zero motivation to win basketball games because we took that motivation off the table this summer........

Got what i wanted- this was exactly what I didnt want. The one all star we have on the floor thats healthy has zero motivation to win basketball games because we took that motivation off the table this summer........
    Yes Dray getting his contract a year early is exactly why weíre in this situation. Heís not a take over the game type player. Heís phenomenal at what he does but heís an ancillary piece. Think Ben Wallace not Rasheed Wallace. Either way his contract has nothing to do with our current predicament.

Yes Dray getting his contract a year early is exactly why weíre in this situation. Heís not a take over the game type player. Heís phenomenal at what he does but heís an ancillary piece. Think Ben Wallace not Rasheed Wallace. Either way his contract has nothing to do with our current predicament.
    Maybe our situation would be the same, maybe it wouldnt. no way to tell. If draymond green was playing each and every game at the level he did against the blazers in the conference finals- i tend to think we would have atleast 4 or 5 more wins right now because we have been in close games where that would make the difference, also- Im not sure there are any injuries this yr that keep a motivated draymond off the floor..... again no point in arguing about it because we can never know.

However- if we were going to get this kind of production out of draymond green 8 pts, 5.5 assists, 7 boards on 39% from the floor, 27% from the line- im not sure he commands higher than 25 million/ yr at age 30 next summer.(Meaning- its unlikely to see a scenerio where we got a bargain relative to waiting until next summer) We also open up more opportunities next off season as his cap space would become available and we could go into luxury to sign our own guy

Maybe our situation would be the same, maybe it wouldnt. no way to tell. If draymond green was playing each and every game at the level he did against the blazers in the conference finals- i tend to think we would have atleast 4 or 5 more wins right now because we have been in close games where that would make the difference, also- Im not sure there are any injuries this yr that keep a motivated draymond off the floor..... again no point in arguing about it because we can never know.

However- if we were going to get this kind of production out of draymond green 8 pts, 5.5 assists, 7 boards on 39% from the floor, 27% from the line- im not sure he commands higher than 25 million/ yr at age 30 next summer.(Meaning- its unlikely to see a scenerio where we got a bargain relative to waiting until next summer) We also open up more opportunities next off season as his cap space would become available and we could go into luxury to sign our own guy
    The only way his cap space becomes available is if the Warriors renounce him, in which case they can't sign him. Team's free agents have cap holds against them to prevent teams from using cap space they know they want to pay to a free agent player for other players then go over the cap to re-sign their player.

Dray is someone who is not driven by money for money's sake I think it's clear.

Drays contract doesnít have anything to do with Steph breaking his hand.

4 or 5 more wins could have a negative impact on this franchise rather than a positive one. If this is indeed a throw away season with no way of making the playoffs, Iíd much rather have a top 3 pick rather than a bottom 7-14 in this draft. There are clearly 4 players than can help the Warriors, and not sure about the others

Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    4 or 5 more wins could have a negative impact on this franchise rather than a positive one. If this is indeed a throw away season with no way of making the playoffs, Iíd much rather have a top 3 pick rather than a bottom 7-14 in this draft. There are clearly 4 players than can help the Warriors, and not sure about the others
    With the current lottery weighting a few wins matter a lot less than it used to.

Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    who are those players?

Ball, Wiseman, Edwards, and Carey?

Edwards seems solid but im not sure hes any better than an Oladipo (which is a nice player but plays the same position as our current starting 2 all star in his prime)

In this draft- I would look to move the pick with D russell and Looney for Townes and covington or something. then use the tax payer exception to get another solid rotation player and hope for improvement in spellman, poole and pascall next yr.

Drays contract doesnít have anything to do with Steph breaking his hand.
    OK??.....- was that in response to me?

Not like our winning percentage was amazing or even significantly different when curry was healthy. But lets see what the winning percentage looks like in feb when/ if he comes back. Draymond wasnt playing great before or after curry went down- so dray not living up to his contract has nothing to do with curry being out there.
    Last edited by likemystylez; Yesterday at 07:02 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234