Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 138

Thread: Draymond Green

  1. #121
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Bay
    Posts
    14,660
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    thing is... 18 of the last 26 seasons have essentially been tanking.... "waiting till next yr" Scoots compares it to the spurs who tanked 1 year (to go after an absolute generational talent). Then they were basically a contender for most of the next 2 decades.

    warriors tank this year? whos to say they wont do the same thing the year after next.... because they get a player as good as enes kanter or markel fultz with this yrs pick?

    and the spurs werent maxed out on their cap when they were tanking? if you are spending that much money- you should either A spend it on guys who can stay healthy, or B) have enough talent in depth to survive a few injuries
    Thereís nothing to gain doing it next year when the team is healthy. And weíre not limited by a hard cap. Itís as simple as that.

    We also didnít tank the vast majority of those years. That was just incompetence.

    Spurs tanked cause their best player and key to their entire team offensively and defensive was injured for the year.

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    20,528
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Thereís nothing to gain doing it next year when the team is healthy. And weíre not limited by a hard cap. Itís as simple as that.

    We also didnít tank the vast majority of those years. That was just incompetence.

    Spurs tanked cause their best player and key to their entire team offensively and defensive was injured for the year.
    trying to distinguish which seasons were officially tanking and which ones were incompetence.... thats like trying to distinguish which games green sits out for load management and which ones he sits out because of soreness.....theyre all basically the same thing

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,597
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    Do you think bob myers will be in the running for executive of the year this season? I mean since his plan is so brilliant. Jeesh- do you just refuse to look at what is actually happening? take a look at their record! You act like my concerns are for no reason......We are clearly going in the wrong direction as an organization.
    Exec of the year goes to teams that win games. That said Myers has done a hell of a job this year.

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,597
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    trying to distinguish which seasons were officially tanking and which ones were incompetence.... thats like trying to distinguish which games green sits out for load management and which ones he sits out because of soreness.....theyre all basically the same thing
    It's fairly easy to tell for normal people.

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, US
    Posts
    11,120
    Speaking of Myers. I like Burks we gotta find a way to keep him

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    20,528
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Exec of the year goes to teams that win games. That said Myers has done a hell of a job this year.
    right.... because the exec should be doing things to help the team win games. Going from a finals favorite to the worst team in the NBA (when you have 3 all stars in their prime).....Not sure thats meeting even the lowest of expectations.

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    20,528
    also- you better pray bob myers knows what he is doing in this coiming draft because if they tank this season to get a role player or a guy who struggles to get into the rotation at the start of next season- I will be saying i told you so the entire year.

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, US
    Posts
    11,120
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    also- you better pray bob myers knows what he is doing in this coiming draft because if they tank this season to get a role player or a guy who struggles to get into the rotation at the start of next season- I will be saying i told you so the entire year.
    Agreed. They better get it right.

    Let me ask you.. was Embiid a cant miss propert? Or even Ben Simmons? What about Luka Doncic or Trae Young? What are your thoughts on their potential going into the draft?

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    20,528
    Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    Agreed. They better get it right.

    Let me ask you.. was Embiid a cant miss propert? Or even Ben Simmons? What about Luka Doncic or Trae Young? What are your thoughts on their potential going into the draft?
    Embid would have been if he wasnt coming off a huge injury, I valued Ben Simmons the highest of that group. I thought tr young was too small, and did not know enough about Doncic to form an opinion.

    Im not saying its impossible for a guy to surpass expectations- but that shouldnt be what you are counting on when you throw away a season to go after a player.

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,597
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    right.... because the exec should be doing things to help the team win games. Going from a finals favorite to the worst team in the NBA (when you have 3 all stars in their prime).....Not sure thats meeting even the lowest of expectations.
    The exec should be doing things to help the team win more games for a decade or two. An exec who lives minute to minute with wins and losses is not going to do a good job. Cohan was impatient and it made him (and his GMs) bad at their job.

  11. #131
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,597
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    also- you better pray bob myers knows what he is doing in this coiming draft because if they tank this season to get a role player or a guy who struggles to get into the rotation at the start of next season- I will be saying i told you so the entire year.
    Yeah, I hope he's pulling in all the info on the player to pick. I agree that the player should be in the rotation, but I don't require they be starting. If the player gets injured I won't blame Myers.

  12. #132
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,597
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    Embid would have been if he wasnt coming off a huge injury, I valued Ben Simmons the highest of that group. I thought tr young was too small, and did not know enough about Doncic to form an opinion.

    Im not saying its impossible for a guy to surpass expectations- but that shouldnt be what you are counting on when you throw away a season to go after a player.
    Once the ceiling for this season was set on just maybe making the playoffs the tank was the best decision for the future. The earlier you pick the more choices you have to improve your team. Simple as that.

  13. #133
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    20,528
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Once the ceiling for this season was set on just maybe making the playoffs the tank was the best decision for the future. The earlier you pick the more choices you have to improve your team. Simple as that.
    if you asked most fans going into pre season- what do you think the ceiling for the 9ers season?

  14. #134
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,597
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    if you asked most fans going into pre season- what do you think the ceiling for the 9ers season?
    I have no idea what your point is. I will say be careful comparing the NBA and the NFL as one is FAR less predictable than the other. In 15 of the last 16 seasons a team has gone from worst to first in the NFL. It's far more random.

  15. #135
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    20,528
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I have no idea what your point is. I will say be careful comparing the NBA and the NFL as one is FAR less predictable than the other. In 15 of the last 16 seasons a team has gone from worst to first in the NFL. It's far more random.
    point is.... 9ers could have packed it in at the start of the season and went for a draft pick, but they played it through and turned now they are in the superbowl.

    Warriors have been to the finals the last 5 straight seasons so its definitely possible..... but it wont happen if they tank

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •