Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 137

Thread: Draymond Green

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    20,387
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    It is. However, you think every injury is fake and weíre tanking. You could have easily just not put might as well go for a lotto pick. Itís clear weíre trying to win. Your now saying if we donít make the finals itís tanking. 1 team from our division will make it. Just 1 spot available for us. The West is a **** show. Thereís no guarantees in life and your post over the years suggest all you want is a guarantee warriors final victor and anything less is them not trying and tanking. Thatís not an opinion. Thatís something else.

    As for resigning him a year early. Contracts arenít the only thing players play for. Green showed he had a new understanding of how he needs to act and treat his body. Time will tell if he keeps it up. However, Drayís fire and desire to win has never been in question.
    to the first paragraph- going from 5 straight seasons in the finals as favorites to not making the finals would be a step in the wrong direction. Virtually every organization in any industry does not see accomplishing less than the previous year as being an ideal goal or outcome.

    To the second paragraph- I supported my opinion. YES- there are many things that motivate players and a contract or money isnt the only thing. I believe that to be true. I still do believe playing for a contract definitely is one thing that motivates players. In the warriors current situation- I dont think they should take any motivation away from any of their players. In other words- everything you can do to keep the guys motivated do it. yes there are other things that could motivate green- but i dont think management should be taking motivation off the table.

    They also have 4 players now owed over 100 million each over the next 4-5 yrs. They have not even seen how good these 4 players are together yet. I understand the first 3, the warriors had to make a call and they took the gamble. There was nothing forcing them to extend green right now. They gave up the opportunity to see how the group worked together before giving up huge amounts of flexibility

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Bay
    Posts
    14,543
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    to the first paragraph- going from 5 straight seasons in the finals as favorites to not making the finals would be a step in the wrong direction. Virtually every organization in any industry does not see accomplishing less than the previous year as being an ideal goal or outcome.

    To the second paragraph- I supported my opinion. YES- there are many things that motivate players and a contract or money isnt the only thing. I believe that to be true. I still do believe playing for a contract definitely is one thing that motivates players. In the warriors current situation- I dont think they should take any motivation away from any of their players. In other words- everything you can do to keep the guys motivated do it. yes there are other things that could motivate green- but i dont think management should be taking motivation off the table.

    They also have 4 players now owed over 100 million each over the next 4-5 yrs. They have not even seen how good these 4 players are together yet. I understand the first 3, the warriors had to make a call and they took the gamble. There was nothing forcing them to extend green right now. They gave up the opportunity to see how the group worked together before giving up huge amounts of flexibility
    5 straight years is unprecedented territory. Sports is different from other industries. Youre not stupid and you know your expectations are unreasonable. Stop.

    We offer the contract now and save a significant amount of money. We wait a year and that max goes way up. It was smart business. Especially when the player you give the contract to is the most competitive person on your team and the heart of your team. Green has flaws as a player but that contract is smart.

    Yes they need to see how they fit together. If it doesnít work their all locked up and itís easier to move one. Green is on a cheaper deal because itís this year. Which will make it easier to move him if needed down the road. If not then we have the chance of him walking or having to sort out a deal for Klay or Dlo (realistically Dlo) with Greens impending FA. It was a smart move by a smart organization. This isnít the Cohan years.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, US
    Posts
    11,057
    ^ love seeing you praise Green. Donít remember the last time Iíve seen that from you

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Bay
    Posts
    14,543
    Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    ^ love seeing you praise Green. Donít remember the last time Iíve seen that from you
    I love Green but just cause I love him doesnít mean I canít be critical of him. Same goes for Klay and Curry.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    20,387
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Nobody ever knows how a season is going to work out. And the frustration others have with you is clear in the sentence fragment "not even going to the finals" ... you are aware that only 2 teams do that a year right? That's an incredible achievement but to you not doing it is apparently a total failure, and not only that apparently you think getting there is trivial.
    how about .... not even make the playoffs? or not even be a .500 team? 16 teams go to the playoffs and like 19 or 20 teams are .500 or above

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    20,387
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    5 straight years is unprecedented territory. Sports is different from other industries. Youre not stupid and you know your expectations are unreasonable. Stop.

    We offer the contract now and save a significant amount of money. We wait a year and that max goes way up. It was smart business. Especially when the player you give the contract to is the most competitive person on your team and the heart of your team. Green has flaws as a player but that contract is smart.

    Yes they need to see how they fit together. If it doesnít work their all locked up and itís easier to move one. Green is on a cheaper deal because itís this year. Which will make it easier to move him if needed down the road. If not then we have the chance of him walking or having to sort out a deal for Klay or Dlo (realistically Dlo) with Greens impending FA. It was a smart move by a smart organization. This isnít the Cohan years.

    IS it unreasonable to expect a team with 4 all stars and their salary cap maxed out to figure out a way to manage their injury situation .... and to still be a playoff team?


    Not sure if you have been watching the games- but its starting to feel like 2008 or 2009 out there

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    20,387
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    not a good move to sign draymond green. With klay out and losing kd, iggy, and livingston- warriors needed a motivated draymond green to compete. Signing draymond now just took away any motivation......warriors have nothing to play for. Might as well go for a lotto pick
    called it!!!!!!

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,081
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    IS it unreasonable to expect a team with 4 all stars and their salary cap maxed out to figure out a way to manage their injury situation .... and to still be a playoff team?


    Not sure if you have been watching the games- but its starting to feel like 2008 or 2009 out there
    Yes. You are unreasonable.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,081
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    called it!!!!!!
    Nope.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    20,387
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Yes. You are unreasonable.
    please enlighten me on what reasonable expectations are for a team with 4 all stars and an allegedly great coaching staff?

    Besides- Vegas had the warriors +/- at 48 wins this season..... so are they also crazy for assuming 20-25 more wins than the warriors are likely gonna get

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,081
    1. The Warriors don't have 4 all-stars. Right now they have 0.
    2. The players and the team should generally trend better assuming health.
    3. Vegas didn't expect the Warriors to lose their top 3 bigs and their 2 remaining scorers.

    You think injuries where you don't see bone are fake. You think every player should play every minute. You think if a player misses a game the team is tanking. You think if a player misses a shot they are not trying to hit their shots. You think a team that loses a game isn't trying.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    3,229
    Paschall is making the Green re-signing look bad. Its been a small sample size, but Paschall is Green with much better offense.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, US
    Posts
    11,057
    ^ heís nothing close to Draymond defensively. Nor does he have the championship pedigree to continue our run. Draymond is a natural born leader with the respect and cache to guard Lebron, Lillard and Harden. Draymond canít be replaced

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,081
    Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    ^ heís nothing close to Draymond defensively. Nor does he have the championship pedigree to continue our run. Draymond is a natural born leader with the respect and cache to guard Lebron, Lillard and Harden. Draymond canít be replaced
    This. Dray's actually a better offensive player too, it's just his offensive skill is in running the offense not shooting. Paschall's trying to get leaner to play the 3 so he can play WITH Dray.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, US
    Posts
    11,057
    Canít wait until Paschal is starting with our guys.

    Steph
    Klay
    Paschal
    Draymond
    Cauley Stein/ Drummond/ Lottery Pick

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •