Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Draymond Green

Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    Thereís nothing wrong with building through the draft. Weíve donít it before. I like those guys and I also like Deni Avidija. I would consider trading the pick and Russel but not for Towns unless we got their pick back. Towns isnít making them any better so they might actually wanna cut bait
    It would be hilarious if they traded for Giannis.

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    warriors dont have a great record with 1st round picks as of late. I mean Jordan Poole looks like a d league player.

If they are going to throw away a year in the primes of d green, curry, and thompson- i want a tim duncan or lebron james... or at the very least a luka d level player. I dont want a mike dunleavy or a joe smith. In a draft that doesnt have any cant miss stars- this isnt doesnt appear to be a great year to tank.... especially considering the talent they have on the roster.
    You are comparing the success rate of a bottom of the 1st pick to a top 3 pick and think anything else you are saying is going to be seen as anything but crazy?

The NBA draft essentially never has even 20 good NBA players in any draft, the fact that the Warriors got Green, Paschall, and Looney is an aberation.

Poole has a lot of potential, but we knew he was raw coming out. Evans still may work out. Injuries are a killer, particularly early in a career of a late pick. It can set them back forever or maybe they can recover. Damian Jones showed flashes but he never could stay on the court, he's looking good for Atlanta this year. Spellman is looking good and he fits better than Jones with the Warriors. Even Ezeli was showing flashes but he just couldn't stay healthy.

All in this front office has done a pretty good job of drafting. Their roster filling free agents have been more hit and miss ... more miss.

There are 3 guys in this draft that I like a lot, there are no sure fire stars but there usually aren't ... also we have time to learn a LOT more about this draft class.

[QUOTE=Scoots;33292405]
    You are comparing the success rate of a bottom of the 1st pick to a top 3 pick and think anything else you are saying is going to be seen as anything but crazy?
    I believe i mentioned Joe smith and Mike dunleavy jr- 2 top 3 picks

Poole has a lot of potential, but we knew he was raw coming out. Evans still may work out. Injuries are a killer, particularly early in a career of a late pick. It can set them back forever or maybe they can recover. Damian Jones showed flashes but he never could stay on the court, he's looking good for Atlanta this year. Spellman is looking good and he fits better than Jones with the Warriors. Even Ezeli was showing flashes but he just couldn't stay healthy.
    Ahh the word potential- i once heard the warriors front office say dunleavy had the potential to be better than chris mullin.... im still waiting on that and dunleavy is 40 yrs old now.

There are 3 guys in this draft that I like a lot, there are no sure fire stars but there usually aren't ... also we have time to learn a LOT more about this draft class.
    yeah but that time is going congruently with throwing the season away LOL- thats like saying im going to quit my job because I will have a lot of opportunities to win the lottery.... and i can always find another job. I mean what if they spend all this season learning about the draft and it turns out- the best player they can get is a solid 7th or 8th man on a contending team- thats not really worth throwing a season away is it?
    Last edited by likemystylez; Yesterday at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Drays contract doesnít have anything to do with Steph breaking his hand.
    who knows what has to do with anything LOL. I would think that curry injuring his hand wouldnt impact Draymond suddenly needing more rest for his sore heel or the team being super careful with d lo immediately after curry was ruled out for 3 months- but it appears there was some sort of correlation

I believe i mentioned Joe smith and Mike dunleavy jr- 2 top 3 picks

Ahh the word potential- i once heard the warriors front office say dunleavy had the potential to be better than chris mullin.... im still waiting on that and dunleavy is 40 yrs old now.

yeah but that time is going congruently with throwing the season away LOL- thats like saying im going to quit my job because I will have a lot of opportunities to win the lottery.... and i can always find another job. I mean what if they spend all this season learning about the draft and it turns out- the best player they can get is a solid 7th or 8th man on a contending team- thats not really worth throwing a season away is it?
    Joe Smith and Mike Dunleavy? Really? This front office had nothing to do with drafting them.

Dunleavy today would fit MUCH better in the NBA, but for sure he didn't reach his potential.

The best player in this draft will be better than an 8th man, I guarantee it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Joe Smith and Mike Dunleavy? Really? This front office had nothing to do with drafting them.

Dunleavy today would fit MUCH better in the NBA, but for sure he didn't reach his potential.

The best player in this draft will be better than an 8th man, I guarantee it.
    LOl the guy you are intrested in is basically Omri Caspri at full potential

OK??.....- was that in response to me?

Not like our winning percentage was amazing or even significantly different when curry was healthy. But lets see what the winning percentage looks like in feb when/ if he comes back. Draymond wasnt playing great before or after curry went down- so dray not living up to his contract has nothing to do with curry being out there.
    He played like a 100ish minutes this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    It would be hilarious if they traded for Giannis.
    No doubt but people would never look at the warriors the same

LOl the guy you are intrested in is basically Omri Caspri at full potential
    Must be nice to be prescient.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345