Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    3,253

    Lakers bring back 2001 & 2002 Laker champ Mike Penberthy as new shooting coach

    He along with Mark Madsen and Slava Medvedenko came to the Lakers in the 2000 offseason after that Shaq-Kobe-Phil team won that first chip.

    He played ball at Masters College and was the Lakers end of the bench sharpshooter on the 01 & 02 teams. For the 02-03 season the Lakers let him walk and signed a poor man’s Penberthy in Joseph Crispin before the Lakers waived him.

    He will be instrumental and helpful in any way possible for our players. I’m glad Lakers brought back Judy Seto, then Phil Handy, and now this guy.


    @mcten: Lakers are hiring a former guard from the Kobe-Shaq days, Mike Penberthy, as a shooting coach, according to league sources. “Good to be back,” Penberthy told ESPN. Penberthy worked for the Pelicans last season in the same role.



    And he worked with AD last season with the Pels so that’s always a plus.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8,890
    hmm interesting, should be a good thing more than bad

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sin City Raiders
    Posts
    50,574
    Ya’ll remember when KOU merged all the threads lmao

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    29,612
    KOU's son won't let his daddy merge threads anymore

    Your baby can't do this

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,067
    what happened to lethal shooter? the one who trained KCP and Kuzma?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    1,028
    Clipper fans get out!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Sonoma Beach
    Posts
    6,563
    Ya, am wondering why lethal shooter got snubbed.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    339
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    Ya, am wondering why lethal shooter got snubbed.
    Mave dropped this in the FA thread -- maybe by accident.

    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...6#post33062106

    Don't know what the deal is, but who knows with shooting coaches, who are half science and half voodoo ********....

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    3,253
    Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Ya’ll remember when KOU merged all the threads lmao
    Yup. And then he said Kawhi to the Lakers, and ended up being Kawhi to the Clippers.



  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Sonoma Beach
    Posts
    6,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Caruso Nation View Post
    Mave dropped this in the FA thread -- maybe by accident.

    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...6#post33062106

    Don't know what the deal is, but who knows with shooting coaches, who are half science and half voodoo ********....
    Ya I read that also. He will probably make more money doing private gigs anyway.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    1,028
    It's obvious that Lebron and AD are making the calls on our coaching staff. I can't complain , this staff is stacked!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Death Valley
    Posts
    8,013
    Quote Originally Posted by suffer2peace View Post
    It's obvious that Lebron and AD are making the calls on our coaching staff. I can't complain , this staff is stacked!
    We have to treat AD like a king this season because our future depends on it. Once he put his name on the dotted line next summer I'll breath easy.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    1,028
    Quote Originally Posted by deadman8586 View Post
    We have to treat AD like a king this season because our future depends on it. Once he put his name on the dotted line next summer I'll breath easy.
    the Lakers do, not we

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Death Valley
    Posts
    8,013
    Quote Originally Posted by suffer2peace View Post
    the Lakers do, not we
    Either way they have to do it.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Corona, Ca
    Posts
    15,609
    Quote Originally Posted by LaVar Ball View Post
    Yup. And then he said Kawhi to the Lakers, and ended up being Kawhi to the Clippers.


    Oh my. I was wrong. Nobody has ever been wrong in the history of history.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •