Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    This is the only nice time of year outside in Canada and he's choosing to enjoy it, he'll be back when the winter comes.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    AOC is like a female Trump, the incendiary reactionary language were seeing in politics has to go.

Honestly

GOP: King
    DNC: AOC/Omar
    Except she’s well versed and educated and fights for issues that actually matter to the working class and....yeah nothing like Trump.

The only Trump equivalent on the Dem side is Anthony Weiner. Except even he was well versed in civics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    This is the only nice time of year outside in Canada and he's choosing to enjoy it, he'll be back when the winter comes.
    So when a Breitbart link appears we’ll be saying “winter is coming”.

Must I restrict it to one each?

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Except she’s well versed and educated and fights for issues that actually matter to the working class and....yeah nothing like Trump.

The only Trump equivalent on the Dem side is Anthony Weiner. Except even he was well versed in civics.
    I agree with Ciaban. AOC is like a bizarro Trump. Trump is loud and says obnoxious things while fitting perfectly the demographic of conservatives: rich, old, and white; where as AOC is loud and says obnoxious things while fitting perfectly the demographic of liberals: young, minority, and female.

There are really only a handful of Dems I think are doing a good job. Not sure there's a Republican I think is worthwhile, and probably ~95% of Dems in the House and Senate aren't worthwhile either.

If I had to pick one I'd start at the top. Nancy and Chuck are not the leaders we need.
    Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    Patch notes: This version is nice, funny, cool & good™ now

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I agree with Ciaban. AOC is like a bizarro Trump. Trump is loud and says obnoxious things while fitting perfectly the demographic of conservatives: rich, old, and white; where as AOC is loud and says obnoxious things while fitting perfectly the demographic of liberals: young, minority, and female.
    Put that way, I can see it.

I’m also biased because I’m a liberal and like her.

I try to balance that with realism. But the reason I like Bernie and AOC isn’t because I think they can achieve all the progressive goals or that it would necessarily work, but because we’ve swung so far the other way that I think we need to Over correct to the left. A moderate Dem brings us just right of center.

Put that way, I can see it.

I’m also biased because I’m a liberal and like her.

I try to balance that with realism. But the reason I like Bernie and AOC isn’t because I think they can achieve all the progressive goals or that it would necessarily work, but because we’ve swung so far the other way that I think we need to Over correct to the left. A moderate Dem brings us just right of center.
    I like her diligence in attending as many hearings as possible. I like her grassroots messaging and dedication to helping the middle class and poor.

I do not like how little she knows about many topics. I do not like the incendiary rhetoric she uses which distracts from her point.

Despite her many communiques and her effervescent demeanor (or obnoxious, depending on your perspective), both of which are beloved by the entertainment media, in terms of substantial accomplishments, Ms. Ocasio-Cortez has actually not been able to do a whole lot (some positive, some negative, depending on your perspective). Not surprising; she’s one of 435 members of the House.

Despite his many communiques and his effervescent demeanor (or obnoxious, depending on your perspective), both of which are beloved by the entertainment media, in terms of substantial accomplishments, Mr. Trump has actually been able to do a whole lot (some positive, some negative, depending on your perspective). Not surprising; he’s the President.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Despite her many communiques and her effervescent demeanor (or obnoxious, depending on your perspective), both of which are beloved by the entertainment media, in terms of substantial accomplishments, Ms. Ocasio-Cortez has actually not been able to do a whole lot (some positive, some negative, depending on your perspective). Not surprising; she’s one of 435 members of the House.

Despite his many communiques and his effervescent demeanor (or obnoxious, depending on your perspective), both of which are beloved by the entertainment media, in terms of substantial accomplishments, Mr. Trump has actually been able to do a whole lot (some positive, some negative, depending on your perspective). Not surprising; he’s the President.
    Speaking of the House Dems not doing a lot, I think that’s going to be another negative factor for them in 2020. They worked the “just wait and see when we have oversight” angle for 2018 and I don’t think they’re going to have a lot to show in 2020, unless they somehow get Mueller to say “ok fine, that mother****er should be in jail” this week while uncovering the pee tape.

I really just don’t get your side’s infatuation with AOC. She’s like the new Hillary for you guys.

For me:

GOP - Mitch McConnell. Although he may be out on his own soon. I have hardcore baptist Trumper conservative relatives in Kentucky and they all can’t stand him and will sooner vote for the Dem.

Dem - Schumer. Enough is enough already. The absolute worst voice to lead the Dems in the Senate.

Agreed. And Al Franken was pushed out by Schumer.
    Schumer warned Franken that he would rally Democratic senators against him after summoning the Minnesota senator to his Washington D.C. apartment on Dec. 1, 2016.
    “I couldn’t believe it, I asked him for due process and he said no.” Franken said

AOC is put out there for bait.
    Last edited by kevin13697; 07-22-2019 at 06:23 PM.

Yes, her limited power makes her obnoxiousness more tolerable but that doesn't mean we should be OK with such behavior simply because it can't hurt us that badly. If it's the behavior that is wrong, we should be consistent in acknowledging that.

Comparing her behavior to Trump is asinine. She has her warts and perhaps can go about things better, but come on
    Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    Patch notes: This version is nice, funny, cool & good™ now

I really just don’t get your side’s infatuation with AOC. She’s like the new Hillary for you guys.

For me:

GOP - Mitch McConnell. Although he may be out on his own soon. I have hardcore baptist Trumper conservative relatives in Kentucky and they all can’t stand him and will sooner vote for the Dem.

Dem - Schumer. Enough is enough already. The absolute worst voice to lead the Dems in the Senate.

she is that stupid.
    at this point I wouldn't want to get rid of her. she is gold to the Republican party, she is going to continue to be exposed.

saying that I should be incarcerated is going too far.

I agree in principle, but (1) I no longer read Special’s posts, and (2) he’s already gone.
    He’s already in exile.
    I don't post over the weekend because it's my choice, and apparently I'm "gone".

when people are unable to argue over the topic they get personal. I welcome anyone (Crovash, GGGGG-Men, dbroncos78087, valade16) to counter anything that I have said. if you're smart enough then prove it.
    Last edited by SpecialFNK; 07-23-2019 at 10:46 AM.
    Either care about all of it like a decent human being or shut the **** up and stop selective outrage based on whether it serves your political purposes.

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

Name one politician on each side..

Nah

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast