Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 24 of 24
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    6,206
    Quote Originally Posted by lakerfan85 View Post
    Now if we go back to the 2009/2010 team then that team beats our current team..
    Yep, that 2010 team would give it to the current team, but the 2011 team had some injuries and some chemistry issues after the whole Shannon brown thing so that one would be more competitive. The biggest issue the current team would have is that it usually takes some time to develop enough chemistry to win a title (usually 2-plus years) and the current team hasn't played together before.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    3,352
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Yep, that 2010 team would give it to the current team, but the 2011 team had some injuries and some chemistry issues after the whole Shannon brown thing so that one would be more competitive. The biggest issue the current team would have is that it usually takes some time to develop enough chemistry to win a title (usually 2-plus years) and the current team hasn't played together before.
    I would argue that last year raptors team lost some key rotational pieces in DeRozan, Poetl and Valanciunas to add Kawhi, Danny and Marc Gasol. Only guys who had played with each other of that core Raptors were Lowry, Siakam, VanVleet and Powell. McCaw was a late add in last year as well. Aounoby was basically out for the playoffs. And they had a different coach in Nurse, firing Casey.


    Lakers also have new coach in Vogel, firing Puke. But Lakers have guys who played together 1 season together: LeBron-Rondo-Kuz-KCP-JaVale-Caruso. Caruso, Kuzma and KCP with the Lakers for last 2 years. Rondo-Boogie-AD played together in NOLA. So some familIarity does exist, just not as a complete unit.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    KOBE ROCKS
    Posts
    2,720
    No coach or executive surveyed picked this lakers team to come out of the west! So there you have it guy's, they are saying this isn't a championship team!

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    23,772
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers squad View Post
    No coach or executive surveyed picked this lakers team to come out of the west! So there you have it guy's, they are saying this isn't a championship team!
    It all stems from thinking LeBron isn't unstoppable anymore. One injury riddled season, and he's done? That's absurd.

    Father time is undefeated, but until I see him falter in the postseason, I'm not buying it.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sin City Raiders
    Posts
    51,707
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    It all stems from thinking LeBron isn't unstoppable anymore. One injury riddled season, and he's done? That's absurd.

    Father time is undefeated, but until I see him falter in the postseason, I'm not buying it.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    I saw enough last year, to know he has plenty left in the tank.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Nice
    Posts
    24,759
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers squad View Post
    No coach or executive surveyed picked this lakers team to come out of the west! So there you have it guy's, they are saying this isn't a championship team!
    Them not wanting us to come out of the west is the reason why they don't pick us, the whole league hate us.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Nice
    Posts
    24,759
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Yep, that 2010 team would give it to the current team, but the 2011 team had some injuries and some chemistry issues after the whole Shannon brown thing so that one would be more competitive. The biggest issue the current team would have is that it usually takes some time to develop enough chemistry to win a title (usually 2-plus years) and the current team hasn't played together before.
    Lebron-mcgee-kcp-rondo-caruso-kuz played together last year

    AD-boogie-rondo played together two years ago

    Bradley-rondo played together before

    Yeah the whole team didn't played together but there are already many pieces who know each other well on the court so the process might be shorter probably.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    3,352
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    Lebron-mcgee-kcp-rondo-caruso-kuz played together last year

    AD-boogie-rondo played together two years ago

    Bradley-rondo played together before

    Yeah the whole team didn't played together but there are already many pieces who know each other well on the court so the process might be shorter probably.
    Donít forget Boogie & Quinn Cook with the Warriors last year.

    JaVale & Quinn Cook with the 2018 champion warriors

    LeBron and a rookie Danny Green in the 2009-10 season, that last season of LeBronís first stint in Cleveland.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Nice
    Posts
    24,759
    Quote Originally Posted by LaVar Ball View Post
    Donít forget Boogie & Quinn Cook with the Warriors last year.

    JaVale & Quinn Cook with the 2018 champion warriors

    LeBron and a rookie Danny Green in the 2009-10 season, that last season of LeBronís first stint in Cleveland.
    Good call

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •