Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 90
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    19,484

    Denver Broncos preseason/training camp thread

    It is what the title says it is

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    19,484
    Todd Davis injured his calf yesterday and is going to be out for about a month. I totally forgot that we had Alexander Johnson though so those reps will be put to good use lol

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    97,947
    I really like what Fangio is doing with those ILB's reps. Basically, everyone is getting it. Stating you would "really found out who belongs or not when you have an inexperienced guy surrounded by vets."

    Winfree and Fort are the camp darlings thus far. Very exciting news. I'd imagine both of them will be getting a ton of playing time in the HOF game

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    97,947
    This UDFA class is dope man.

    Fort, Watson, Reed, Benson/McKnight, Holder, even these RB's have been making some noise. Fort can basically cement his roster status after this HOF game next Thursday.

    Definitely, one of the more intriguing game 1 of the preseason in recent memory.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    19,484
    Apparently McGovern has been BAD throughout training camp. Not especially surprising because he was awful at center for us last year and center was the biggest position concern on offense for me going into training camp, but concerning none the less. I don't understand why they're trying to force McGovern into being a center when he clearly struggles at that position. Seems to me that it would have been much smarter to put Risner at center and move McGovern back to guard.

    Theo Riddick is taking a physical with the Broncos though so that's good news!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    97,947
    They see Risner with more value at LG than C. And I don't blame them...he's a plug and play at G. Typically, it's easier to find a replaceable C than G.

    The snapping issue is a problem though. Not just him either...the backups are having issues snapping.

    It's going to take time but this is Munchak's group. I'll just leave it like that.

    Riddick left without a contract..we'll see though.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    19,484
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    They see Risner with more value at LG than C. And I don't blame them...he's a plug and play at G. Typically, it's easier to find a replaceable C than G.

    The snapping issue is a problem though. Not just him either...the backups are having issues snapping.

    It's going to take time but this is Munchak's group. I'll just leave it like that.

    Riddick left without a contract..we'll see though.
    Yeah I get it, but there's something to be said about having a good center. I've got the feeling that McGovern is going to cause a few turnovers and frankly I've been haunted by that idea ever since Super Bowl 48 when Manny ****ing Ramirez ended the game on the first play.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    19,484
    As for Riddick, Nicki Jhabvala says that they want to sign Riddick and the decision is his.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    97,947
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Yeah I get it, but there's something to be said about having a good center. I've got the feeling that McGovern is going to cause a few turnovers and frankly I've been haunted by that idea ever since Super Bowl 48 when Manny ****ing Ramirez ended the game on the first play.
    I get the feeling a good center is basically leaning towards luxury status instead of necessity. Again, we're talking about the easiest replaced spot on the o-line...don't want to invest too much in that.

    But if McGovern is unable to get snaps off consistently....which is presumably the most basic responsibility of the center....that's not an NFL caliber center. The Broncos will make the necessary adjustment...until then..more reps. Kinda hoping Sam Jones woulda emerged as a candidate...


    Orlando Franklin lost us that SB. That game alone lost him his RT position for the rest of his career. Maybe something could of been different if he had protection on one of the edges...but it was there on both sides all game long.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    97,947
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    As for Riddick, Nicki Jhabvala says that they want to sign Riddick and the decision is his.
    Well...guess that clearly means that they aren't impressed with Booker's ability in the passing game.

    Shame...that's his best and most gifted attribute...also something that was vastly underutilized.

    Then again Riddick is well established over the middle of the field and Scangerello wants that RB/LB matchup in the passing game.

    So, we talking a significant upgrade in that aspect.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    19,484
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    Well...guess that clearly means that they aren't impressed with Booker's ability in the passing game.

    Shame...that's his best and most gifted attribute...also something that was vastly underutilized.

    Then again Riddick is well established over the middle of the field and Scangerello wants that RB/LB matchup in the passing game.

    So, we talking a significant upgrade in that aspect.
    That and Riddick can line up in the slot too. I think I saw that he lined up as a slot receiver on a third of his snaps last year. With Hamilton injured and not really showing much as a slot receiver before then, that would be big for us.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    19,484
    Redskins are trying to trade Trent Williams. Let's get him, move Billed to guard, and Risner to Center lol...

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    19,484
    Albright says the Broncos aren't in on him. Must be really sold on Bolles

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    97,947
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    That and Riddick can line up in the slot too. I think I saw that he lined up as a slot receiver on a third of his snaps last year. With Hamilton injured and not really showing much as a slot receiver before then, that would be big for us.
    Hamilton will be huge for us...just a matter of time. Out of all the WR's, like his prospects the most. But that's a nice tidbit on riddick.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    19,484
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    Hamilton will be huge for us...just a matter of time. Out of all the WR's, like his prospects the most. But that's a nice tidbit on riddick.
    I hope so... He was kinda underwhelming last year and it's disappointing that he's been injured throughout training camp. This is a crucial time to figure out the offense and get chemistry with Flacco.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •