Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    For the life of me I do not understand Almora leading off. What the hell is going on with that?

Dude has a 72 wRC+ this year.

If you're going to argue it's a lefty and he should play (by the way, he has 48 wRC+ against LHP this year) then I could see it. But leading off? No, he should never hit higher than 8th.

Also, Schwarber has a higher wRC+ against LHP this year (83) than Almora does.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealTI View Post
    For the life of me I do not understand Almora leading off. What the hell is going on with that?

If you're going to argue it's a lefty and he should play (by the way, he has 48 wRC+ against LHP this year) then I could see it. But leading off? No, he should never hit higher than 8th.

Lineup construction doesn't matter

For real though it would be nice if Al could get back to at least hitting ****ing LHP. He suuuuuuuucks.

7/19-7/21 IGT: The Cubs (52-44) beat the Reds 2/3 Celebration thread v Padres (45-49)

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealTI View Post

All fair.

Iíve got no issue with Schwarber sitting vs lefties. He doesnít provide defensive value and he doesnít hit them so you might as well let him rest on the rare occasion that they face a left handed starter.

Almora hitting 1st is bizarre. Lineup order isnít a huge deal to me, but heís a terrible hitter and as you noted, is somehow hitting worse vs LHP.

I donít know if Joe is thinking itíll help Almora get jumpstarted offensively or if heís making a point about how bad his options are vs a LHP.

Edwards activated. Rosario down.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    All fair.

Iíve got no issue with Schwarber sitting vs lefties. He doesnít provide defensive value and he doesnít hit them so you might as well let him rest on the rare occasion that they face a left handed starter.

Almora hitting 1st is bizarre. Lineup order isnít a huge deal to me, but heís a terrible hitter and as you noted, is somehow hitting worse vs LHP.

I donít know if Joe is thinking itíll help Almora get jumpstarted offensively or if heís making a point about how bad his options are vs a LHP.
    Yeah I usually don't care about lineup construction as much but Almora might be the worst hitter in this lineup that has Lester and Maldanado in it.

All fair.

I've seen the same comment made about Brach a few times.

We should all hope that the relationship between the FO and the coaches isn't this dysfunctional.

This roster could really use another outfielder. Or two.

Facing a lefty
    A lefty who has really bad reverse splits, though. Lefties hit him much better.

A little surprised he isn't in the lineup.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ILMindState View Post
    Yeah I usually don't care about lineup construction as much but Almora might be the worst hitter in this lineup that has Lester and Maldanado in it.
    Dont knock Lester hitting [emoji39]

Facing a lefty
    Reverse splits from starter and he probably a bit better option offensively then Almora ..

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Dont knock Lester hitting [emoji39]
    I wasn't. I'm saying I'd rather have Almora bat 9th behind Lester

Quote Originally Posted by davearm View Post
    I've seen the same comment made about Brach a few times.

We should all hope that the relationship between the FO and the coaches isn't this dysfunctional.
    I donít think it is. Thereís not a lot of logical reasons to bat Almora first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    A lefty who has really bad reverse splits, though. Lefties hit him much better.

A little surprised he isn't in the lineup.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    If Iím guessing, itís just that they face so few lefties itís a decent day to give him a day off and go with a righty heavy lineup. Gio Gonzalez returns for the Brewers this weekend. Iím pretty sure once heís back heíll be the only lefty starting pitcher in the division that isnít a Cub.

This type of lineup should be a concern for October though. If the Cubs win the division theyíll likely see a lot of lefties from the Braves and Dodgers if they advance.

Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast