Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    This is the best IGT ever! Great job Bibbs!

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutPunch33 View Post
    They're just taking advantage of the fact that nobody else in their division can spend like they can (like the Cubs) and doesn't have the plethora of position players they have (like the Cubs)

The Cubs have the same ability to do that in their own division year in and year out. I'm hoping that one power move/trade would put them in that category, in the off-season.
    They spend, sure, but the Dodgers have also had some tremendous luck with player development. Bellinger was a good prospect, but I doubt anyone saw this coming from him, even after the strong Rookie season he had. Seager will be back to normal before too long. Justin Turner became the best possible version of himself in LA. Max freaking Muncy came out of absolutely nowhere. Now they have their next wave of prospects knocking on the door for next season (Lux, Smith, May) to go along with more PT for Verdugo and Urías in the rotation. They'll probably still dominate the division for a while, but if any team can push them in the near future then it may be the Padres.

I'm not sure their situation is that similar to the Cubs because they've still had no consistent threat in their division like the Cubs have with Milwaukee and St. Louis for the last several years (both typically pushing for the WC, or division in Milwaukee's case).

I cant wait to see what happens next year when the MLB goes back to a less aerodynamic ball. Sorry but Bellinger and Yelich are not 60 HR guys. On no damn planet.

Then again we will likely be hollering at how much Heyward sucks again.

Quote Originally Posted by JHBulls View Post
    This forum is so fun. Reminds me of the Bulls forum about 10 years ago. It must be a Chicago thing.
    I started off reading NBA/Bulls forum when I first joined PSD. That used to be great. But man.....the Bulls forum has fallen on hard times.

Quote Originally Posted by ILMindState View Post
    I started off reading NBA/Bulls forum when I first joined PSD. That used to be great. But man.....the Bulls forum has fallen on hard times.
    Much like the Bulls.

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    I cant wait to see what happens next year when the MLB goes back to a less aerodynamic ball. Sorry but Bellinger and Yelich are not 60 HR guys. On no damn planet.

When was this decided?

Are they going to use a different ball? MLB owns Rawlings now and they supply these juiced balls. It obviously makes for a more entertaining game, so Manfred probably has some hesitation there.

There's a lot of players league wide that'll look pretty pedestrian again if they make that change.

Quote Originally Posted by davearm View Post
    When was this decided?
    It hasnt but it has to. This **** is a joke. This is like if the NFL just let teams start at the 50 or if NBA players could take 6 steps. I just feel like a change is gonna be made unannounced and we will see a return to normalcy.

It hasnt but it has to. This **** is a joke. This is like if the NFL just let teams start at the 50 or if NBA players could take 6 steps. I just feel like a change is gonna be made unannounced and we will see a return to normalcy.
    I do not see it as a big deal. Sure, the numbers are definitely inflated. But so what? More offense? Again, so what? Not sure it has to revert back.

It might not be as drastic as what you said but the NFL and NBA both made rule changes to significantly increase offense. Maybe this is Manfred's way of trying to match that.

Quote Originally Posted by ILMindState View Post
    Same here. That Bulls forum was always a classic, some of the funniest times I’ve had on the Internet. I still recall the opening post to the Bulls/Knicks IGT back in 2009. I remember the year because it was the very next game after the Bulls lost to the Kings from 35 points in front. If you can find that IGT the first post is hilarious.

Can you imagine what offense would look like without the juiced ball? Mlb has set records for highest K rate ever 13 years in a row. Batting averages are down about 10-15 points league wide in the last decade. Pitchers are so good and so specialized. Slugging is the only thing preventing a new dead ball era.

The number of home runs is out of control, but the alternative would be worse.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    Can you imagine what offense would look like without the juiced ball? Mlb has set records for highest K rate ever 13 years in a row. Batting averages are down about 10-15 points league wide in the last decade. Pitchers are so good and so specialized. Slugging is the only thing preventing a new dead ball era.

The number of home runs is out of control, but the alternative would be worse.
    Except that maybe strike outs are at a high because of the ball and the launch angle era. Maybe if the ball wasn't as juiced the game would go back to more situational hitting. I am not advocating it and have no problem with the ball. But I do think the increase in K's was an unintended consequence of the ball being juiced a little and guys decided to swing hard and go with launch angle over more controlled swings.

That said, I do not see this as something MLB has to address

If we are in favor of more offense, I'd honestly experiment with other things than juicing the ball. I like more offense in a vacuum but I like more frequent balls in play more than I like homeruns. I'd prefer something like lowering the mound.

Yes, homeruns are fun but the juiced balls encourage more of the three true outcomes approach which IMO makes for a less exciting game.

I'm not saying something needs to be done, but if they are going to experiment to get more offense, I'm not sure juicing the balls is the lever I'd pull.

Also, is Morrow in witness protection or something? Haven't heard anything on him in like weeks.

Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast