Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 54 1231151 ... LastLast

7/19-7/21 IGT: The Cubs (52-44) beat the Reds 2/3 Celebration thread v Padres (45-49)

Hear ye, hear ye! Calling all Cubs fans! Gather up your loved ones and break out that champagne! Not because the Cubs won a world series for the first time in 108 years, but because they actually managed to win 2 out of 3 games against the last place Cincinnati Reds!

Our IGT is still under construction and should be running again by the time you scroll to the bottom of the page, but in the meantime, enjoy these great vacation destination hot points!

Sai-Kaew Beach Resort & Hotel! You'll be lookin hot at the office with that new summer tan! Ooh-la-la. And when you've had your fill, head back to the room for refreshments and free high speed wi-fi to post on your internet forums.

Draw the attention and envy of all your coworkers with a trip to Las Vegas. You know what they say. What happens in Vegas sure is fun.

Ever wish life was more... Grand? Well now it can be- oh screw it. I'll admit it. I'm just not meant for pointlessly shilling for already world renowned vacation spots. My calling is making pointlessly terrible and elaborte IGTs for my local online internet Cubs forum! Allow me to proceed!

And ya sure don't gotta leave your home to see this ya out of touch anti-social baseball nerds

Here's starting pitchers

Friday 7/19:
    Lester (9-6) vs (5-7) Lauer

Saturday 7/20:
    Quintana (7-7) vs (7-4) Lucchesi

Sunday 7/21:
    Hendricks (7-7) vs (2-2) Quantrill

NL Central Standings

__ 52-44_____ 50-47____ 48-46_____45-50 ____ 43-50__

Well it took the Cubs till July to beat the middling Reds, will the Padres be next in a series of winnable games the Cubs lose in embarrassing fashion? It's the big flop Summer event that everyone's been waiting for to complain about. You don't wanna miss out.

After all that I seriously question why Doogolas is adamant he wants to be associated with you.

Quote Originally Posted by JHBulls View Post
    After all that I seriously question why Doogolas is adamant he wants to be associated with you.
    I'm a demon, I'm a demon on earth

Hahaha. Pitching matchups look decent. Hopefully they can keep up the success at home.

I don't care if you're selling timeshares. We finally beat the damn Reds.

You’ve really outdone yourself this time, Bibbs.

I love it

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JHBulls View Post
    Need to get in on that sweet, sweet shill money. Can't do that if I don't stay in his good graces!

Quote Originally Posted by Doogolas View Post
    Need to get in on that sweet, sweet shill money. Can't do that if I don't stay in his good graces!
    I failed to mention that Darvish got his first Wrigley Field win and my sponsors got me on breach of contract. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    I failed to mention that Darvish got his first Wrigley Field win and my sponsors got me on breach of contract. Sorry.
    Maybe you can sign on with another pitcher?

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    My life is a dark abyss.

Really not looking forward to seeing this Padres team. Could def be a nightmare and for future reasons could no longer be a bottom dweller with the pitching and hitting youth they have.

Quote Originally Posted by northsider View Post
    Really not looking forward to seeing this Padres team. Could def be a nightmare and for future reasons could no longer be a bottom dweller with the pitching and hitting youth they have.
    They're probably 1-2 years away, but they'll definitely be a fun team to follow if some of their higher ceiling guys (Paddack, Gore, Tatis, Urías) pan out.

It'd be great if the Dodgers had a legitimate challenge in the NL West too. Aside from last year, they've seemingly wrapped up the division every year by early June for as long as I can remember.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    They're probably 1-2 years away, but they'll definitely be a fun team to follow if some of their higher ceiling guys (Paddack, Gore, Tatis, Urías) pan out.

It'd be great if the Dodgers had a legitimate challenge in the NL West too. Aside from last year, they've seemingly wrapped up the division every year by early June for as long as I can remember.
    Yeah their division is normally a joke. Even when the Giants were winning the World Series, the Dodgers were usually running away in the regular season. The Rockies and DBacks had some years where they were a thorn in LA’s side for a month or two, but then fall off. The Padres look like they’ve built a stable fountain of talent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    Yeah their division is normally a joke. Even when the Giants were winning the World Series, the Dodgers were usually running away in the regular season. The Rockies and DBacks had some years where they were a thorn in LA’s side for a month or two, but then fall off. The Padres look like they’ve built a stable fountain of talent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They're just taking advantage of the fact that nobody else in their division can spend like they can (like the Cubs) and doesn't have the plethora of position players they have (like the Cubs)

The Cubs have the same ability to do that in their own division year in and year out. I'm hoping that one power move/trade would put them in that category, in the off-season.

7/19-7/21 IGT: The Cubs (52-44) beat the Reds 2/3 Celebration thread v Padres (45-49)

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    You’ve really outdone yourself this time, Bibbs.

I love it
    This forum is so fun. Reminds me of the Bulls forum about 10 years ago. It must be a Chicago thing.

Page 1 of 54 1231151 ... LastLast