Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Charlotte Hornets Have Forever Been a Disaster

Shrug. The Hornets have been an expansion team twice.

Michael Jordan canít be good at everything I guess lol

Jordan is trash... Not surprised. I just love that it ***** on the BUT HE PLAYED BASKETBALL ETC ARGUMENT SO HE KNOWS ALL. Give me a pencil pusher who follows stats over a former player just because they are a player and are expected to know the game more.

Most of these famous presidents/GMs don't want to put in the work. MJ has his own brand and other business opportunities outside of the Hornets.

It's a dead circle for teams like this. Their only hope is to get a A+ superstar in the draft who can bring them back to being somewhat relevant (Giannis for Bucks, AD for Pelicans, LeBron for Cavs). Even then, the chances of them keeping a superstar is quite low, unless you have a competent GM who can build a great roster, like the Bucks have done.

MJ is the greatest player of all time as a front office guy not so much

I've put it this way:

Jordan has found the ownership "sweet spot". He's got a team good enough to possible be in the playoffs, but isn't in the tax. So fans will com to watch, but he doesn't have to pay a lot out of his own pocket. That team is pure profit for him right now. This is another situation where sucking up for a year or 2 and basically cutting losses on some contracts would really pay off for 2-3 years of low attendance. But it's a team that watches the bottom line more than the product on the court.

Quote Originally Posted by DanG View Post
    Most of these famous presidents/GMs don't want to put in the work. MJ has his own brand and other business opportunities outside of the Hornets.

It's a dead circle for teams like this. Their only hope is to get a A+ superstar in the draft who can bring them back to being somewhat relevant (Giannis for Bucks, AD for Pelicans, LeBron for Cavs). Even then, the chances of them keeping a superstar is quite low, unless you have a competent GM who can build a great roster, like the Bucks have done.
    I disagree... you can build a really strong team by just drafting really well and running your basketball ops really well. Doesn't have to be an A+ guy like you mention. Toronto Raptors for example (even before Kawhi they were relevant). Other teams like Denver, Portland, Utah are other examples. We don't talk about them the same way we do the Hornets. Why is that? Is it because their market is better? No, it's because those teams draft well and know what their doing. They've done it without hitting the jackpot on an A+ prospect.

I'm not saying it's easy to win without having an elite superstar, but there are other ways to at least have a solid foundation. No excuses for the Hornets to be this bad for this long.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I've put it this way:

Jordan has found the ownership "sweet spot". He's got a team good enough to possible be in the playoffs, but isn't in the tax. So fans will com to watch, but he doesn't have to pay a lot out of his own pocket. That team is pure profit for him right now. This is another situation where sucking up for a year or 2 and basically cutting losses on some contracts would really pay off for 2-3 years of low attendance. But it's a team that watches the bottom line more than the product on the court.
    Yeah that's very true. But, they probably will suck tremendously this year.
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

My favorite is Jordan hasn't given and interview since 2014. What a dick

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

And nobody in the media criticizes him because he's the GOAT.
    Marmolololololol

Hornets lost their luster after Zo,LJ,Curry,Mugsy left the team. Kemba had that one over achieving season reaching the playoffs like once.

Michael Jordan, arguably the GOAT, is disrespecting the game of basketball by the crap product he puts out on the floor year in and year out dating back to 2004 with the first year of the Charlotte Bobcats.

But as long as he's filling up his pockets, it don't matter.

F this guy

I canít understand why they didnít trade Kemba if they werenít going to offer the super max.

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    I canít understand why they didnít trade Kemba if they werenít going to offer the super max.
    The most prominent rumors I heard:
    (1) With the ASG in Charlotte, MJ shot down any trade that was proposed with him in it, because MJ wanted a 'hometown hero' playing.
    (2) They really thought they would be keeping him on a sub-supermax.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast