Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Did Lebron make the right decision in leaving Miami to return to Cleveland in 2014?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. It was the right choice, and his legacy is better for it.

21 77.78%
  • No. He would have been more successful and his legacy would be greater had he stayed in Miami.

6 22.22%
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Random thing worth pointing out, but why do people keep referencing Udonis Haslem like he was a relevant piece by 2014? He wasn't. He averaged like 16 minutes a game that 2014-15 season over 62 games and then played less than 500 minutes the rest of his career over the next four seasons. Dude was done by the time Lebron left, and he'd been done a while as a legitimate rotational player worth touting. Let's not act like Miami had prime Haslem in 2014.
    Udonis was absolute trash the day Bron arrived

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    BS there were zero rumors of any of the actual players freaking and wanting to run bc they might actually not be favorited to win it all the next year. LeBron is a ***** he promised a boat load of championship and ran at the first sign of trouble. Not my fault he’s a puss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You are not a happy person

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Just google tony parker thinks the spurs are done contending you Knickerbocker. It was literally your team that almost had him ffs
    Tony Parker wasn’t looking to run to the Knicks and stop telling me what to do! Your not my Mom

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    You are not a happy person
    I appreciate your candor

Udonis was absolute trash the day Bron arrived
    When he got to Miami? Lol. Did you watch basketball back then?

Quote Originally Posted by SteBO View Post
    CLE won a title, so it's really easy to say that yeah he made the right decision. Had the league not suspended Draymond and the Warriors not been injured, we'd be singing a different tune.

But hey, in the end he won CLE a title, and it added significantly to his legacy. Can't deny the result.
    exactly my answer

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by unleashthebeast View Post
    When he got to Miami? Lol. Did you watch basketball back then?
    What was his stat line that first year?

9/8
    12.7 per
    -.1 Vorp

Garbage
    Last edited by IKnowHoops; 07-19-2019 at 02:34 PM.

What was his stat line that first year?

9/8
    12.7 per
    -.1 Vorp

Garbage
    You realized he was injured that entire year and played 13 games before returning during the Bulls series, right?

You realized he was injured that entire year and played 13 games before returning during the Bulls series, right?
    Don't question him. He knows hoops

Doesn't that just reinforce the sentiment that he wasn't performing....? And he was virtually the same the year before lol

Quote Originally Posted by cmellofan15 View Post
    Doesn't that just reinforce the sentiment that he wasn't performing....? And he was virtually the same the year before lol
    A guy being injured is very different than a guy not performing lol.

And maybe he doesn't understand what Udonis actually did as a basketball player? He wasn't a big scorer. Udonis made hustle plays, was a good rebounder, very good defender, and could hit a consistent midrange jumper at a time where not many bigs would do that. So no, he didn't put up gaudy numbers. There were plenty of times though in those first two big 3 years where he was the third best player on the court for Miami, when Bosh wouldn't show up.

A guy being injured is very different than a guy not performing lol.

And maybe he doesn't understand what Udonis actually did as a basketball player? He wasn't a big scorer. Udonis made hustle plays, was a good rebounder, very good defender, and could hit a consistent midrange jumper at a time where not many bigs would do that. So no, he didn't put up gaudy numbers. There were plenty of times though in those first two big 3 years where he was the third best player on the court for Miami, when Bosh wouldn't show up.
    Coming from a Bulls fan, Haslem was an awesome glue guy who did the little things. Perfect for that team. Got under the skin of opponents too.

Which means he was trash. That’s a trash season. If an injury caused him to be trash so be it. But he was trash, and his stats went down from there. What are we debating?

Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post
    Coming from a Bulls fan, Haslem was an awesome glue guy who did the little things. Perfect for that team. Got under the skin of opponents too.

Meta World Peace, Trevor Ariza, Iggy, when I think of “good” glue guys. Harlem wasn’t awful his first couple years. But he was trash when Bron got there. For instance, someone who gets crapped on a lot for not being good is Tristan Thompson...he was waaaaaaaaay better than Haslem was when he was with Bron. Haslem was garbage at that time.

If Lebron can win it with one star instead of 2, then it would be more impressive when he had Kyrie/Love and Wade/Bosh in his championship years. Even though I do give him credit for his big 3 team beating your big 3 team. Lebron legacy is still missing something, if he wins a ring with the Lakers, who do have a talent to make a run, then he will even evolve more with his legacy with how he will be viewed by a wider audience.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast