Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    Is he better then DSJ/Payton? no then why keep him. The guy played out of control against players he should have dominanted I don't care what he did last year but what he did month ago lol.
    name me a better player on a two way contract? And to say you don't care about last year against nba players? come on we are talking summer league right, for good or bad I've seen it both ways and turn out opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    name me a better player on a two way contract? And to say you don't care about last year against nba players? come on we are talking summer league right, for good or bad I've seen it both ways and turn out opposite.
    The problem here is the Payton signing. Payton projects to be a better backup than Allen. However, he is on a 1 year deal and can be traded by January.

So as a coach, who are you committing to more? The 2way that can be converted to regular and then retain bird rights to sign him long term in offseason or the vet on a 1 year deal that can also use development to build on second half performance from last season?

The way it looks, knicks will keep Allen around first half of season but he likely won't get real chance until a trade happens, if a trade happens.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Years View Post
    The problem here is the Payton signing. Payton projects to be a better backup than Allen. However, he is on a 1 year deal and can be traded by January.

So as a coach, who are you committing to more? The 2way that can be converted to regular and then retain bird rights to sign him long term in offseason or the vet on a 1 year deal that can also use development to build on second half performance from last season?

The way it looks, knicks will keep Allen around first half of season but he likely won't get real chance until a trade happens, if a trade happens.
    i never even came close to saying he is ahead of DSJ and Payton on the depth chart, that wasn't the gest, Cheetos went there for some reason, guess about why he would be on the roster, but he won't be he is a two way and hence why I said name me a better two way player?

and I agree he can't be on the regular roster till trades or waives happens, and Knicks won't waive anyone so it has to be a trade which means more out then incoming.

On a good team Allen is a good end of the bench guy that may not even dress.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112