Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    This thread is idiotic. LeGm tried. And failed. He was the GM of that cavs team and all of the guys he wanted resulted in a dumpster fire.
    Did he? He won a ring with Cleveland in the era of one of the single most dominant teams in the history of the league. Considering what he was facing, I'd call that a pretty sound success.

I'd agree that the Cavs made some really poor choices in terms of contracts that Lebron undoubtedly help those players get, but in the end it's hard to argue with the results—one of the single most impressive/important titles in the history of the league.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Did he? He won a ring with Cleveland in the era of one of the single most dominant teams in the history of the league. Considering what he was facing, I'd call that a pretty sound success.

I'd agree that the Cavs made some really poor choices in terms of contracts that Lebron undoubtedly help those players get, but in the end it's hard to argue with the results—one of the single most impressive/important titles in the history of the league.
    That title was impressive, yes. but I can't help but to think that a few were left on the table by bron being GM and hindering their ability to win a few more

I love how you're lumping in the seven years prior to his Miami stint like those should count and completely dismissing how unlikely it is that he wins another title in Miami if he'd stayed. Seriously, dude, you've become kind of a caricature of yourself this summer—such a blatantly shameless homer that having conversations about the Heat with you are just completely pointless.
    It wasn’t unlikely Pat Riley gets **** done. He had Pau Dragic and Whiteside coming in the following year when Whiteside actually cared. I know you don’t understand what a championship team looks like but they win in 2015 with that team if LeBron by himself to the warriors to 6. Not to even mention the massive amount of championship experience that team had compared to the warriors. Also ray stays.

I heard reports from major media outlets, that his 1 ring in Cleveland, is wroth more then the two championships in Miami.

So I was under the impression he only has one ring. So I am a bit confused from this thread topic.

The man only has one ring (that the haters acknowledge) I really don't believe he should be getting so much attention from the haters or media, if they truly believe their nonsense.

How would they have afforded all four guys? Also, that window with Pau as an All-Star would have lasted only two more seasons. The Cavs won one title in that window. Is it that likely that the Heat win more than one title in those two years? No—it's really, really not.

His prime was done. His superstardom on the court was over. Get over it.

Bosh wasn't even playing at that point. Dragic and Pau weren't necessarily locks to join the team, and I'm not sure how Miami would have found the money for them. And Whiteside was still a baby at that point. You're basing this on a hypothetical roster that never existed and wasn't especially likely to exist.

Then why are you disagreeing with me? If you agree that title is the single greatest feather in his cap, why should he have stayed in Miami? What would he have accomplished staying with the Heat that he didn't accomplish by coming back to Cleveland?

See my previous post on this, but this stat is a horrible one. If your take is that Lebron should have stayed in Miami, then the first seven years of his career are completely irrelevant. We should only be looking at the last five. And the likelihood that he would have won more rings in Miami in those five years than if he had stayed is EXTREMELY low. But I'm talking to a massive homer, so...
    Pau was coming for the MLE. Ok you’re forgetting Pat Riley would’ve made moves after that to get guys in, that’s what he does. You keep acting like every team is just a finished product like you do with the current heat. They got jimmy and now you think that’s the team for the next 4 years. That’s not how things work.

His prime was done, he was still a good player and a top 10 player and most clutch player in the 2016 playoffs up until the point he was eliminated and all numbers back this. Even LeBron said after the 2018 finals “I wish I would’ve had Wade for these finals it would e been different.”

I didn’t say Bosh. Pau was 100% coming Dragic was traded for and Whiteside was like 25 so not a baby. He was the perfect big for that team.

I’m disagreeing because he could’ve won more in Miami. In the goat debate the total matters more.

Takes one to know one brother, keep taking Ls though.

Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    Here’s some takes, swap LeBron with Kobe and they win at least the same amount of rings at worst and they win 2011 for sure. With no Wade LeBron and Bosh to Miami never happen.

PSDs biggest hater/most negative poster has returned, good to see you!
    Always a pleasure, but that is a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge stretch my man. I'm not even close. lol

Oh actually iirc it was Pau and Ariza coming for the 2 exceptions we had not just Pau.

Pau was coming for the MLE. Ok you’re forgetting Pat Riley would’ve made moves after that to get guys in, that’s what he does. You keep acting like every team is just a finished product like you do with the current heat. They got jimmy and now you think that’s the team for the next 4 years. That’s not how things work.
    How's that going so far? I keep waiting for those Westbrook and Beal trades to get announced by Woj...

His prime was done, he was still a good player and a top 10 player and most clutch player in the 2016 playoffs up until the point he was eliminated and all numbers back this. Even LeBron said after the 2018 finals “I wish I would’ve had Wade for these finals it would e been different.”
    Wade was unquestionably not a top 10 player in 2016. The fact that you think that is a little alarming. Hell, he stopped being a top 10 player in the 2012-13 season.

I didn’t say Bosh. Pau was 100% coming Dragic was traded for and Whiteside was like 25 so not a baby. He was the perfect big for that team.
    That was Whiteside's first relevant season in the NBA—so yes, he was a baby. Also, he would likely have been playing behind Pau in your scenario, so it's not like he's getting a ton of minutes on this nonexistent hypothetical team. Also, Dragic is a fine player and a guy I've always really liked. But he was never a top 25 guy, and his skillset would have been pretty dramatically limited on the same roster as Lebron and Wade.

I’m disagreeing because he could’ve won more in Miami. In the goat debate the total matters more.
    Is it possible? Sure. Is it likely? Hell no. Again, Bosh would not have been healthy for either title run. Pau was not on the team at the time. Wade was no longer the same guy. And the Warriors were a dominant basketball team at that point. Maybe they luck out and win one more title together—but I wouldn't even put money on that.

Takes one to know one brother, keep taking Ls though.
    You're not capable of delivering an "L" to me, chief, and never have been. You should probably steer clear of legitimate NBA historical discussions that you're not really capable of having and stick to what you know: making absurd predictions that don't come true based on the alleged sources you don't actually have and boasting about this amazing basketball career you supposedly participated in that never really existed.

Quote Originally Posted by RowBTrice View Post
    Always a pleasure, but that is a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge stretch my man. I'm not even close. lol
    nah, I can vouch for RowB, Wade. Hes reasonable and not as negative as other posters. He keeps it a buck

First Sim League Title!

How's that going so far? I keep waiting for those Westbrook and Beal trades to get announced by Woj...

Wade was unquestionably not a top 10 player in 2016. The fact that you think that is a little alarming. Hell, he stopped being a top 10 player in the 2012-13 season.

That was Whiteside's first relevant season in the NBA—so yes, he was a baby. Also, he would likely have been playing behind Pau in your scenario, so it's not like he's getting a ton of minutes on this nonexistent hypothetical team. Also, Dragic is a fine player and a guy I've always really liked. But he was never a top 25 guy, and his skillset would have been pretty dramatically limited on the same roster as Lebron and Wade.

Is it possible? Sure. Is it likely? Hell no. Again, Bosh would not have been healthy for either title run. Pau was not on the team at the time. Wade was no longer the same guy. And the Warriors were a dominant basketball team at that point. Maybe they luck out and win one more title together—but I wouldn't even put money on that.

You're not capable of delivering an "L" to me, chief, and never have been. You should probably steer clear of legitimate NBA historical discussions that you're not really capable of having and stick to what you know: making absurd predictions that don't come true based on the alleged sources you don't actually have and boasting about this amazing basketball career you supposedly participated in that never really existed.
    Miami wasn’t going to give picks like a desperate organization in Houston. Beal is still available and they’re talking and will continue talking unless Beal signs an extension.

Top 10 player and most clutch player in the playoffs up until the point they were eliminated....:IN THE PLAYOFFS

Whiteside slides in when Bosh goes down. The support cast is far better, youre grasping for straws. It’s sad.

You and Houston are both full of Ls. Hate to see it. Yea that’s hilarious coming from a guy the size of this new bagel boss guy who’s somehow a celebrity now. Steer clear of me little guy, you can’t keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivera View Post
    nah, I can vouch for RowB, Wade. Hes reasonable and not as negative as other posters. He keeps it a buck
    I can definitely vouch for the opposite lol. It got to the point where I had to ask him what was wrong or what was going on in his life to make him act like that and he opened up to me a little! RowB is nice deep down but sometimes he has trouble showing it.

I can definitely vouch for the opposite lol. It got to the point where I had to ask him what was wrong or what was going on in his life to make him act like that and he opened up to me a little! RowB is nice deep down but sometimes he has trouble showing it.

My bro stands by his word! Thats why I love RowB! Hes not as bad as other posters, he backs up what he says, even if you disagree with him. RowB is one of the good ones bro!

First Sim League Title!

Quote Originally Posted by Rivera View Post

My bro stands by his word! Thats why I love RowB! Hes not as bad as other posters, he backs up what he says, even if you disagree with him. RowB is one of the good ones bro!
    I got respeck for him! I lost respeck for MBT because ever since we snatched Jimmy from his soul he’s been trying to come at my neck for it. Don’t be mad at me MBT be mad at Wade and Pat Riley!

I got respeck for him! I lost respeck for MBT because ever since we snatched Jimmy from his soul he’s been trying to come at my neck for it. Don’t be mad at me MBT be mad at Wade and Pat Riley!
    i cant with you

First Sim League Title!

Miami wasn’t going to give picks like a desperate organization in Houston. Beal is still available and they’re talking and will continue talking unless Beal signs an extension.
    Talk to me when it happens. Until then, I'll take your "sources" with a pretty huge grain of salt.

Top 10 player and most clutch player in the playoffs up until the point they were eliminated....:IN THE PLAYOFFS
    Cool. So he played well in a 14-game sample size. Great for him. But ultimately the Heat still fell in the second round, and Wade was still not a top 10 player.

Whiteside slides in when Bosh goes down. The support cast is far better, youre grasping for straws. It’s sad.
    No dude. You are. You're trying to convince people that Lebron should have stayed in Miami based on a hypothetical roster that didn't exist and championships they didn't win over a guy who ACTUALLY won a title in one of the most impressive finals runs we've seen in league history. I can assure you the vast majority of posters will not agree with you.

In fact, just for funsies, I might just have to post a poll in the forum...

You and Houston are both full of Ls. Hate to see it. Yea that’s hilarious coming from a guy the size of this new bagel boss guy who’s somehow a celebrity now. Steer clear of me little guy, you can’t keep up.
    No clue who you're referring to or where this reference is coming from. But you believe whatever you want to believe, buddy. I've honestly wasted way too much time feeding the trolls today... Just know that for all this trash talk this summer, I'm going to REALLY be paying attention to the Heat this season. I hope you're willing to eat some crow, because I'll have plenty of plates ready for you if the Heat are as mediocre as I think they're going to be.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast