Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Why doesn’t LeBron “gift” himself more championships?

This is a topic I’m curious on and would like to get some answers about. So many times as a Heat and Wade fan, and I’m sure other Heat fans can back this as well, we hear about how LeBron gifted Miami 2 rings or LeBron gifted Wade 2 rings. I’m just wondering.....if this is the case why doesn’t he gift himself more rings? Why wouldn’t he gift his hometown of Cleveland more rings than a city that previously didn’t mean much to him in Miami? Why didn’t he gift himself 1 in LA so he could win at least 1 with 3 different teams before Kawhi does. I mean if he can just gift rings whenever he wants why hasn’t he won every year? I mean if this was the case he could’ve ended the GOAT debate 8 years ago and we wouldn’t be hearing about it anymore and he would be sitting a top the basketball world on his own level with nobody even close to him.

Miami: 4 years and 2 championships
    Cleveland: 11 years and 1 championship
    LA: 1 year and 0 playoff appearances

LeBron is in my top 5 players of all time, probably top 3 but I’m legit curious.....if this is the case, why doesn’t he gift himself more championships?

Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    This is a topic I’m curious on and would like to get some answers about. So many times as a Heat and Wade fan, and I’m sure other Heat fans can back this as well, we hear about how LeBron gifted Miami 2 rings or LeBron gifted Wade 2 rings. I’m just wondering.....if this is the case why doesn’t he gift himself more rings? Why wouldn’t he gift his hometown of Cleveland more rings than a city that previously didn’t mean much to him in Miami? Why didn’t he gift himself 1 in LA so he could win at least 1 with 3 different teams before Kawhi does. I mean if he can just gift rings whenever he wants why hasn’t he won every year? I mean if this was the case he could’ve ended the GOAT debate 8 years ago and we wouldn’t be hearing about it anymore and he would be sitting a top the basketball world on his own level with nobody even close to him.

Miami: 4 years and 2 championships
    Cleveland: 11 years and 1 championship
    LA: 1 year and 0 playoff appearances

LeBron is in my top 5 players of all time, probably top 3 but I’m legit curious.....if this is the case, why doesn’t he gift himself more championships?
    His first stint with the Cavs they didn’t have a contending caliber team around him. The players around him were mediocre at best.

His first season in LA was his first real injury causing him to miss significant time. You can’t control injuries.

And somewhere in between there the spurs and warriors happened.

Even with a super team a lot of things have to align and you need some luck. I don’t think anyone’s ever been gifted a championship. It’s extremely hard to win it all hence why nearly half the league has never won.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 07-17-2019 at 10:26 AM.

It usually only comes from LeBron stans trying to prop up LeBron, or Wade haters trying to diminish Wade's impact. There's no other reason to say he 'gifted' Miami 2 championships. Agendas are agendas.

He'd certainly have another ring or two if it wasn't for Golden State.
    Believe the hype. The Baker has come.

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    It usually only comes from LeBron stans trying to prop up LeBron, or Wade haters trying to diminish Wade's impact. There's no other reason to say he 'gifted' Miami 2 championships. Agendas are agendas.

Might have another one if JR Smith had half a brain

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Might have another one if JR Smith had half a brain
    I doubt it, I don’t think 1 game would’ve changed that series. I mean they got swept. But to also be fair LeBron apparently hurt himself after the game punching something IIRC.

Agendas definitely play a role

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    His first stint with the Cavs they didn’t have a contending caliber team around him. The players around him were mediocre at best.

His first season in LA was his first real injury causing him to miss significant time. You can’t control injuries.

And somewhere in between there the spurs and warriors happened.

Even with a super team a lot of things have to align and you need some luck. I don’t think anyone’s ever been gifted a championship. It’s extremely hard to win it all hence why nearly half the league has never won.
    This is the answer I was looking for. Not one player can just go out there and gift whoever he wants a championship. It’s pure disrespect when I see someone say he gifted Miami or Wade 2 rings because:

1.Miami built the team around the big 3
    2.Wade and Bosh played huge roles
    3.LeBron won 2 championships in 4 years in Miami, that’s the most success he’s had with anytime by far and he did it in a 4th of the time he’s been in the NBA. They needed each other but before Miami LeBron had no success.

Yup. The Heat have a been a good to great franchise for decades. Put an all-time great like LeBron on it, and you have what you have....should've been a three-peat if you look at it on a surface level, but who knows if LeBron allows the Heat to actually coach him into playing inside more had they beat the Mavs in 2011. Without it, I can't guarantee we win the following year, or the year after.

Winning 'ships are just hard man. Had Ray Allen missed that 3, who knows how LBJ would be viewed.

1. It takes more than one person to win a championship, no matter how good they are.

2. Teams invariably give Lebron decsion making power over the roster, and Lebron is terrible at roster building. If they don't (like Miami), he leaves. Lebron sabotages himself.

3. An established player making max money makes it very hard to fill out a roster. Miami needed the big 3 to take less money AND a discounted Ray Allen and Udonis Haslem. Cleveland 2.0 had drafted Irving.

LA gets a pass year one. They weren't supposed to do anything and they traded their entire team away. No matter how much the LA media wants you to believe otherwise, this was always the plan.
    Last edited by IndyRealist; 07-17-2019 at 11:10 AM.

I think the real question here is

Why didnt Wade gift the HEAT with more championships?

First Sim League Title!

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    1. It takes more than one person to win a championship, no matter how good they are.

2. Teams invariably give Lebron decsion making power over the roster, and Lebron is terrible at roster building. If they don't (like Miami), he leaves. Lebron sabotages himself.

3. An established player making max money makes it very hard to fill out a roster. Miami needed the big 3 to take less money AND a discounted Ray Allen and Udonis Haslem. Cleveland 2.0 had drafted Irving.

LA gets a pass year one. They weren't supposed to do anything and they traded their entire team away. No matter how much the LA media wants you to believe otherwise, this was always the plan.
    Number 2 is also why all he can do is envy teams like the Spurs and Warriors and their systems.

I don't think LeBron has ever really wanted to play for an All-Time great coach, as much as he admires their systems and style.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivera View Post
    I think the real question here is

Why didnt Wade gift the HEAT with more championships?
    That’s been explained in the thread brother but without him it’s safe to say they have 0 so he did his part.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post

He should’ve stayed. Having an organization that wouldn’t let him build the roster and coaching staff was the best thing that’s ever happened to him in the nba.

Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    That’s been explained in the thread brother but without him it’s safe to say they have 0 so he did his part.
    but with the amount of jerseys he gifted exchanged last season, he should have tried to come close and exchange it for some more HEAT championships

First Sim League Title!

Or if he was better at basketball

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast