Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    So then we can all agree that LeBron can’t just gift teams rings or be would have 16 right now right? That’s the point being made here. Every ring he’s won has been collective.
    Everybody needs help. The only ones who think Bron can win all alone are his fanboys who treat every single one of his teammates like scrubs

this entire post is straw manning the **** out of the reason people say that.

I don't agree with people that say "lebron gifted Miami championships", but they are not AT ALL saying he literally solo won them a championship all by himself and absolutely no one else helped.

you are either being disingenuous and straw manning these people to make them look stupid, or you yourself are just a complete moron and take that as what they're saying.

their argument is that if lebron doesnt go to Miami, they don't have 4 straight title appearances and 2 championships. depending on where lebron went, he likely doesnt get any of that either, but Miami FOR SURE doesnt. so they're saying him going to Miami gifted them championships.

now I don't really agree with their logic, but you just straw manning the **** out of their argument is pathetic and makes you look really bad.
    Last edited by basch152; 07-18-2019 at 12:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    It's different now than it was.

When he won the second one, Giants fans are here we're outside of their minds.
    That quote always cracks me up.

Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post

I don't agree with people that say "lebron gifted Miami championships", but they are not AT ALL saying he literally solo won them a championship all by himself and absolutely no one else helped.

you are either being disingenuous and straw manning these people to make them look stupid, or you yourself are just a complete moron and take that as what they're saying.

their argument is that if lebron doesnt go to Miami, they don't have 4 straight title appearances and 2 championships. depending on where lebron went, he likely doesnt get any of that either, but Miami FOR SURE doesnt. so they're saying him going to Miami gifted them championships.

now I don't really agree with their logic, but you just straw manning the **** out of their argument is pathetic and makes you look really bad.

It’s a dumbass thing to say. LeBron didn’t win **** before Miami and that’s a fact. Straw man that

When someone says LeBron gifted them rings they’re saying LeBron did all the work and that’s a ****ing fact so don’t come at me with that ****ing ********. They’re giving all credit to LeBron and taking away from his teammates and organization. Get the **** outta here with that.

There used to be heavy debates on whether lebron was better or jordan. Many of the pro jordan positions have alluded to the number of championships he won. Lebron probably at some point for his legacy knew that his legacy would come down to championships so he formed a super team in miami to dominate the league= championships. Maybe somewhere along the line he stopped caring about whether or not he'd be remembered as better than jordan/ legacy and hes just doing things that make him and his family happy as long as he can compete

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    Man, I love ya and enjoy most all of your basketball takes but damn how can you say an unquestioned top 5 player should be better?
    B/c its how he would have one more.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Exactly. Before Miami, lebron carried some really bad Cleveland teams fairly deep. Before lebron, wade won one with shaq. But without shaq, wade missed the playoffsonce and lost in the first round 3, times until lebron got there. Once lebron left, wade has done about the same with a few 2nd round appearances in weak east.

Lebron continued to make finals without wade and his teams weren't really all that great.

Wade is a great player and was consistently at or near the top 5 players in the league. Miami likely doesn't win any rings without him and with LeBron only. But they still would have been a pretty good team. And if you replace wades salary with decent players, then that team may still go to the finals. Remove lebron and add in decent players for that salary and that team isn't making any finals.

LeBron is the biggest reason they won those rings. People can try to discredit that. It wasn't all lebron, and it never is all 1 guy, but he was the guy that made it all go and the most important guy. That's why he rightfully gets credit.

I think people are being intellectually dishonest if they actually think the silly "LeBron gifted Miami 2 titles" narrative is anything but a pathetic attempt to discredit the Heat and troll their fans. Thankfully, I don't give a damn since I can always just flash if I feel like it, but you know.....an honest discourse would be nice for a change.

LeBron makes every team he joins go, and yet Miami's the franchise he's had the most success with in terms of individual stats and titles, and in a much shorter time frame to date (Lakers stint pending). I wonder.....

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Or if he was better at basketball
    Nah, even the best would lose to that team with his support

Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Exactly. Before Miami, lebron carried some really bad Cleveland teams fairly deep. Before lebron, wade won one with shaq. But without shaq, wade missed the playoffsonce and lost in the first round 3, times until lebron got there. Once lebron left, wade has done about the same with a few 2nd round appearances in weak east.

Lebron continued to make finals without wade and his teams weren't really all that great.

Wade is a great player and was consistently at or near the top 5 players in the league. Miami likely doesn't win any rings without him and with LeBron only. But they still would have been a pretty good team. And if you replace wades salary with decent players, then that team may still go to the finals. Remove lebron and add in decent players for that salary and that team isn't making any finals.

LeBron is the biggest reason they won those rings. People can try to discredit that. It wasn't all lebron, and it never is all 1 guy, but he was the guy that made it all go and the most important guy. That's why he rightfully gets credit.
    And Yep.

We get it, Wade. You really, really like Dywane Wade. You need to understand that nobody cares and making **** threads like this are just downright embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Yep.

And Yep.

We get it, Wade. You really, really like Dywane Wade. You need to understand that nobody cares and making **** threads like this are just downright embarrassing.
    Unite baby!!!!

Unite baby!!!!
    Apropos to the thread. When Lebron united with Wade, he made Wade relevant again after being a nobody since Shaq left.

Facts.

This is a topic I’m curious on and would like to get some answers about. So many times as a Heat and Wade fan, and I’m sure other Heat fans can back this as well, we hear about how LeBron gifted Miami 2 rings or LeBron gifted Wade 2 rings. I’m just wondering.....if this is the case why doesn’t he gift himself more rings? Why wouldn’t he gift his hometown of Cleveland more rings than a city that previously didn’t mean much to him in Miami? Why didn’t he gift himself 1 in LA so he could win at least 1 with 3 different teams before Kawhi does. I mean if he can just gift rings whenever he wants why hasn’t he won every year? I mean if this was the case he could’ve ended the GOAT debate 8 years ago and we wouldn’t be hearing about it anymore and he would be sitting a top the basketball world on his own level with nobody even close to him.

Miami: 4 years and 2 championships
    Cleveland: 11 years and 1 championship
    LA: 1 year and 0 playoff appearances

LeBron is in my top 5 players of all time, probably top 3 but I’m legit curious.....if this is the case, why doesn’t he gift himself more championships?
    Because in Miami he didn't have to deal with the warriors
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Because in Miami he didn't have to deal with the warriors
    Curry wasn’t Curry until Kerr showed up and they needed more time to load the team up.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast