Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Apollo 11 50 year Anniversary

Today marked the 50 year anniversary of the apollo 11 launch, and 4 days later, we landed on the moon.

Here is the original broadcast of the launch complete with vintage commercials.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYnF31el-ik

What are some of your favorite space memories?
    Fan of Red Sox , Chicago Bears , Boston Celtics , Chase Elliott , UVA, Joshi Puroresu

2018-2019 UVA Men's Basketball National Champions

Man I cant wait till we have the cgi to get to Mars

Quote Originally Posted by redsox12 View Post
    Today marked the 50 year anniversary of the apollo 11 launch, and 4 days later, we landed on the moon.

Here is the original broadcast of the launch complete with vintage commercials.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYnF31el-ik

What are some of your favorite space memories?
    Sputnik 1, we were at an outdoor movie (walk to benches and sit outside) after the move we were walking back to the cabin and everyone looked up. It was a big deal, first space vehicle. My mom lost the diamond in her ring and we couldn't find it in the dark.

Then of course John Glenn on the moon and the US won the space race from that point on for a long time. So much tech that is used everyday came from the space program.

No Way? We landed on the Moon!

When Aldrin socked that denier in the face

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    When Aldrin socked that denier in the face
    lol, or when he locked himself into a closet to hide from that denier.

or when that denier got an astronaut so shook he began sweating, misremembering to the point where he literally kicked him out, then you hear the son yell, "should i call (insert gov agency) to end him"

my favorite was when he got astronauts to forget very imporant details that any fanboy would know about the moon trip lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    lol, or when he locked himself into a closet to hide from that denier.

or when that denier got an astronaut so shook he began sweating, misremembering to the point where he literally kicked him out, then you hear the son yell, "should i call (insert gov agency) to end him"

my favorite was when he got astronauts to forget very imporant details that any fanboy would know about the moon trip lol.
    Dude the punch was way better

For the record I dont care

Dude the punch was way better

For the record I dont care
    lol, better than being so scared you lock yourself in a closet? lmfao how?

better than a kick in the ***?

for the record, nobody cares, its why they get away with it

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    lol, better than being so scared you lock yourself in a closet? lmfao how?

better than a kick in the ***?

for the record, nobody cares, its why they get away with it
    Even if it was all faked, the dude is sworn to secrecy. He has everything to lose and nothing to gain by admitting the truth to some pusillanimous bully calling him a coward and not respecting his space. He deserved a good shot to the jaw. The man should be absolutely ashamed of himself for trying to corner a 70 year old man like that. It was ****ing pathetic no matter how right he might have been about the whole conspiracy. Put your grandpa in Aldrin's shoes and tell me you wouldnt have a problem with what he was doing.

Even if it was all faked, the dude is sworn to secrecy. He has everything to lose and nothing to gain by admitting the truth to some pusillanimous bully calling him a coward and not respecting his space. He deserved a good shot to the jaw. The man should be absolutely ashamed of himself for trying to corner a 70 year old man like that. It was ****ing pathetic no matter how right he might have been about the whole conspiracy. Put your grandpa in Aldrin's shoes and tell me you wouldnt have a problem with what he was doing.
    Never knew my grandpa, dude vanished one day and we found out he had been in prison for some heavy stuff. sounds like the kind of guy who wouldn't care if he was asked questions, even if they were lies. Dude just wanted him to swear on the bible.

and yeah he has a punchable face, i never said it was wrong to punch him.
    Last edited by Chronz; 07-21-2019 at 11:29 PM.

Yes, Moon landing fakers really got one over by asking a bunch of questions to confuse a 70 year old man about something he did 40 years ago. As we all know, 70 year old's are well known for their eidetic like memory.

12. 01-16-2020, 04:02 PM

Was born five years prior to the Apollo but really heard it was something else. And really NASA was at the peak of their popularity.
    We are In This Together!