Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 113
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3,784
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Yeah especially as a defensive coach , I can't imagine why Casey never emphesized defence in demars development from day one. considering his strong work ethic Demar could have become a much better two way player.
    My wheels are spinning especially when we talk about the most polarizing Raptor player ever. Plus I am bored at work so please bear with me. .

    https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...tors/92835626/

    DeRozan's play during the Olympics didn't go unnoticed by those in the Raptors organization. Coach Dwane Casey confronted DeRozan upon arriving back from Brazil, revealing that he challenged the two-time NBA All-Star to show the same type of defensive intensity during the setting of an NBA game.

    "I told him this summer: He told on himself with the U.S. team, I said, 'How come you can go play for Mike Krzyzewski and play defense but you come here and we have to hide you defensively?'" Casey said. "When he makes the muscle he can get down and guard and defend. That's the growth of DeMar DeRozan, is him saying, 'Let me guard that guy?' And taking it on as a challenge."
    Casey as limited a coach he is, he also sheltered Demar. Eventhough talk is cheap (bolded words above), he was afraid to embarrass Derozan ďthe so called franchise playerĒ. Nurse is the opposite and he made sure of that especially his tough love treatment to Pascal and the rest of the guys.

    That being said, I always think from the day Derozan was drafted that his fundamentals are flawed, hardwork can only take a player a certain distance.
    Giannis and Oladipo 2021 Movement

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,797
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps Insider 12 View Post
    My wheels are spinning especially when we talk about the most polarizing Raptor player ever. Plus I am bored at work so please bear with me. .

    https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...tors/92835626/



    Casey as limited a coach he is, he also sheltered Demar. Eventhough talk is cheap (bolded words above), he was afraid to embarrass Derozan ďthe so called franchise playerĒ. Nurse is the opposite and he made sure of that especially his tough love treatment to Pascal and the rest of the guys.

    That being said, I always think from the day Derozan was drafted that his fundamentals are flawed, hardwork can only take a player a certain distance.
    Nurse was planning on challenging derozan on that end too before the trade.

    Iíve said it on here 1000 times over the years but I always found his conditioning to be his limiting factor.
    There were many times that he was so exhausted from exerting himself on offence that he would literally lye on the ground panting when he was taken off the floor. Iíve never seen another NBA player do that. He would also take a minute to catch a blow when he collided with someone. That always led me to believe he was spending too high a percentage of his energy on offence and had nothing left for defence.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,180
    Casey is an opportunist. He's great at assigning blame and pointing out mistakes after the fact but he never seems to be able to fix them. I don't think he coddled anyone. It's easier for him to push the responsibility onto the player than say he failed as a coach. He basically rode Masai and Nurse's coattails for years just like he rode Carlisle's.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,180
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Nurse was planning on challenging derozan on that end too before the trade.

    Iíve said it on here 1000 times over the years but I always found his conditioning to be his limiting factor.
    There were many times that he was so exhausted from exerting himself on offence that he would literally lye on the ground panting when he was taken off the floor. Iíve never seen another NBA player do that. He would also take a minute to catch a blow when he collided with someone. That always led me to believe he was spending too high a percentage of his energy on offence and had nothing left for defence.
    His defense sucks from start to finish though. It's mostly his defensive iq and effort that is his limiting factor.

    https://streamable.com/gyhrc
    https://streamable.com/i960u

    ^ That has nothing to do with him being tired.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,797
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    His defense sucks from start to finish though. It's mostly his defensive iq and effort that is his limiting factor.

    https://streamable.com/gyhrc
    https://streamable.com/i960u

    ^ That has nothing to do with him being tired.
    Pretty brutal but some of that could have been fatigue related imo. Regardless What Iím trying to get at is he didnít spend enough of his internal resources on being a good defender so I think that aligns with what youíre saying.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,180
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Pretty brutal but some of that could have been fatigue related imo. Regardless What Iím trying to get at is he didnít spend enough of his internal resources on being a good defender so I think that aligns with what youíre saying.
    I don't understand how you can pride yourself on being a defensive coach and choose to wait until your 7th season as HC to address it. A lot of that stuff is easily fixable.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    20,577
    Lillard said that this is the fourth team that ran the box and 1 against me and that he hardly remembers seeing that defense in the NBA.

    Nick Nurse is changing the game.

    Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    ďItís about winning,Ē Stoudemire said. ďYou win, youíre going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won ó Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you donít win, nobody really wants to see you.Ē

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,180
    ngl this team is a lot more fun to watch than last year's. It's cool seeing their development and growth.

    Meanwhile the Clippers...lol

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    20,577
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    ngl this team is a lot more fun to watch than last year's. It's cool seeing their development and growth.

    Meanwhile the Clippers...lol
    I would say it is less stressful because we don't really have high expectations this year. It's kind of a "let's see what happens" type season. We also don't have the question of Kawhi returning or not lingering over our heads.

    It has definitely been very fun watching the players grow.
    ďItís about winning,Ē Stoudemire said. ďYou win, youíre going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won ó Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you donít win, nobody really wants to see you.Ē

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,797
    Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    Lillard said that this is the fourth team that ran the box and 1 against me and that he hardly remembers seeing that defense in the NBA.

    Nick Nurse is changing the game.

    Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    Who would have thought nurses immediate impact on the league would be a Canadian championship and on the defensive side of things.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,797
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    ngl this team is a lot more fun to watch than last year's. It's cool seeing their development and growth.

    Meanwhile the Clippers...lol
    Iím still pessimistic about the clippers. I donít think theyíll win a championship as currently constructed. Still feels like the bucks will be the champs this year, but Iím not ready to say the raps wonít be in it.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    25,903
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Yeah especially as a defensive coach , I can't imagine why Casey never emphesized defence in demars development from day one. considering his strong work ethic Demar could have become a much better two way player.
    I dont buy that. It is extremely evident the guy only gets off on trying to score. Some take pride in defending and some don't.

    Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

    but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3,784
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Nurse was planning on challenging derozan on that end too before the trade.

    Iíve said it on here 1000 times over the years but I always found his conditioning to be his limiting factor.
    There were many times that he was so exhausted from exerting himself on offence that he would literally lye on the ground panting when he was taken off the floor. Iíve never seen another NBA player do that. He would also take a minute to catch a blow when he collided with someone. That always led me to believe he was spending too high a percentage of his energy on offence and had nothing left for defence.
    Lame excuse to say that fatigue was the reason but hey I am not surprised coming from you.
    Giannis and Oladipo 2021 Movement

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,797
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps Insider 12 View Post
    Lame excuse to say that fatigue was the reason but hey I am not surprised coming from you.
    Lol excuse?
    Sorry do you actually think Iím derozan?

    Iím not; and I donít need to make excuses for derozanís bad defence. Simply stating my opinion on one reason why it was so bad.

    What a silly reply.

    Iím not surprised to see you take an opinion that has nothing to do with either you or I so personally lol.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3,784
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Lol excuse?
    Sorry do you actually think Iím derozan?

    Iím not; and I donít need to make excuses for derozanís bad defence. Simply stating my opinion on one reason why it was so bad.

    What a silly reply.

    Iím not surprised to see you take an opinion that has nothing to do with either you or I so personally lol.
    Thought Im George in front of the dinner table talking to my better half Kelly Anne utilizing a very lame ďhe is just a coffee boyĒ excuse .

    He was not a good defender because his conditioning was limiting him, spending a lot of energy on offense and has nothing left for defense, some of those are fatigue related....that was silly.

  16. 11-15-2019, 09:53 PM

  17. 11-15-2019, 09:57 PM

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •