Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    We should have our own fantasy league it would be fun. Would only need like 10-12 people.
    We do have one. Thereís a sub forum for it but not used much. Doing our draft in a couple days. Only have 10 teams now but thereís usually a couple that people donít do much with. You guys should go on there and ask if you can get added

Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    We do have one. Thereís a sub forum for it but not used much. Doing our draft in a couple days. Only have 10 teams now but thereís usually a couple that people donít do much with. You guys should go on there and ask if you can get added
    I'd be happy to replace an inactive team.

I'll join next year. I'm already hit with the injury bug in my league.
    ďItís about winning,Ē Stoudemire said. ďYou win, youíre going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won ó Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you donít win, nobody really wants to see you.Ē

I found this question in the other place we shornít speak of:

If nick nurse was the HC in Lebronís last year in Cleveland, do you guys think we beat him in the conference semiís?

I think so.

No. Lebron was hitting ridiculous shots. You can't game plan for that. We just didn't have the pieces. I think it would have been a lot closer though. That series was the straw that broke the camel's back though. Masai and Nurse both disagreed with how that series was coached.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    No. Lebron was hitting ridiculous shots. You can't game plan for that. We just didn't have the pieces. I think it would have been a lot closer though. That series was the straw that broke the camel's back though. Masai and Nurse both disagreed with how that series was coached.
    Look at how nurse has been able to shut guys/teams down though. I donít think we would need kawhi. OG/Siakam and all the help in the world could have been enough. Siakam definitely should have at least been draped all over love that series.

I think we could have pulled out some wins.

Derozan would have been utilized way differently too.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Look at how nurse has been able to shut guys/teams down though. I donít think we would need kawhi. OG/Siakam and all the help in the world could have been enough. Siakam definitely should have at least been draped all over love that series.

I think we could have pulled out some wins.

Derozan would have been utilized way differently too.
    I've been a Nurse homer since day 1 but there's no way we were winning that series. Lebron was on a mission. OG and Siakam needed time to develop, they weren't ready back then. The only thing Nurse would have fixed was the JV/Ibaka pairing which Casey kept stubbornly forcing and stuff like CJ on Love.

I think we could have squeezed out a few wins but there was no way we were going to win that series. We just didn't have the right pieces.

I also think the year we had Tucker, that series should have been closer. That man made life hell for KD and we barely used him on LBJ.

8. 11-13-2019, 08:13 PM

Coaching can only take you so far. And I do love Nurse but he isn't with out flaws.

I donít know, Iíve been extremely impressed with nurses coaching especially his defensive schemes.

I think he could have drawn something up to slow the king down.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I donít know, Iíve been extremely impressed with nurses coaching especially his defensive schemes.

I think he could have drawn something up to slow the king down.
    Well look at the DeRozan and Aldridge led spurs.. do you think Popavich can coach that team passed the lebron led Lakers? The spurs suck with demar lol

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Well look at the DeRozan and Aldridge led spurs.. do you think Popavich can coach that team passed the lebron led Lakers? The spurs suck with demar lol
    You are as a good as your personnel. Nurse taps his greatness as a coach when everyone buys in to his system. Players under him prioritize defense and three point shooting over personal stats (i got us type of mentality)

Derozan was never a good one on one defender and an atrocious help defender. He has no range outside of 22 feet, we all know that. Casey has to hide his flaws and the collateral damage is enormous.

In a modern brand of basketball, having to give up three points and making hard earned twoís has been the most frustrating part of his game. Simple math.

Why I always see him as the Joe Johnson/ Melo high usage type of player with no range. Next chapter of his career: perennial journeyman.

And the narrative that the Raptors never put him in a position that he shouldnít be the first option is bull.

Drew League talent is not sustainable.

13. 11-14-2019, 12:16 PM

eh Casey is also a mediocre coach that couldn't adapt. Derozan would most likely be a more versatile player under Nurse. Look at how Nurse continually encouraged Siakam to bring the ball up the floor despite having shaky handles in the past. Siakam would most likely not have this skill if Casey was still the head coach.

A lot of players are held back in their development by coaches who are unimaginative and too afraid to take risks.
    Last edited by ecart; 11-14-2019 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    eh Casey is also a mediocre coach that couldn't adapt. Derozan would most likely be a more versatile player under Nurse. Look at how Nurse continually encouraged Siakam to bring the ball up the floor despite having shaky handles in the past. Siakam would most likely not have this skill if Casey was still the head coach.

A lot of players are held back in their development by coaches who are unimaginative and too afraid to take risks.
    Yeah especially as a defensive coach , I can't imagine why Casey never emphesized defence in demars development from day one. considering his strong work ethic Demar could have become a much better two way player.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps Insider 12 View Post
    You are as a good as your personnel. Nurse taps his greatness as a coach when everyone buys in to his system. Players under him prioritize defense and three point shooting over personal stats (i got us type of mentality)

Derozan was never a good one on one defender and an atrocious help defender. He has no range outside of 22 feet, we all know that. Casey has to hide his flaws and the collateral damage is enormous.

In a modern brand of basketball, having to give up three points and making hard earned twoís has been the most frustrating part of his game. Simple math.

Why I always see him as the Joe Johnson/ Melo high usage type of player with no range. Next chapter of his career: perennial journeyman.

And the narrative that the Raptors never put him in a position that he shouldnít be the first option is bull.

Drew League talent is not sustainable.
    Joe was better but yeah I def agree

Agree with everything everyone is saying here.

I just canít shake the thought of how vulnerable that cavs team was.

Tbh it was a good thing we were swept because it ushered in the changes we saw.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast