Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lowry Signs 1 yr, $31m extension

https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...ion-extension/

I wonder if he plans to retire after that. I guess he won't be traded this year.

Lowry Extended 1 year for 31 Million

Thoughts?

Me personally, Im cool with it since the free agent class is going to be weak. This looks like they'll lock up Pascal before the deadline instead of waiting for the Summer. Maybe Masai is waiting to take a shot at Giannis in '21. I trust his strategy and have complete faith.

Im OK with mini rewarding Lowry for his services and him helping elevate the franchise (champs) even if he is on the decline. Especially if its only 1 year, if they signed him to another Max, I don't know about that lol.

This also shows class by organization in rewarding its core player(s).

oops didnt see this one. at least it gives smiff or whoever else is in charge something to do and merge the threads

i love this organization. even if i have never felt so empty after a championship win and don't have the least interest in the upcoming season (yet), i feel like we are the best organization all things considered atm.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

who ever trades for him will get an extra year of control thus giving him more value in the trade. Brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    i love this organization. even if i have never felt so empty after a championship win and don't have the least interest in the upcoming season (yet), i feel like we are the best organization all things considered atm.
    I figured you’d be happy because it’s pretty much the same team from two seasons ago minus DeRozan.

This was a genius move. Reward your guy, add value if he wants a trade, keep that max slot open for giannis.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    who ever trades for him will get an extra year of control thus giving him more value in the trade. Brilliant
    I don't know about the extra control. Other teams will probably view his salary as a burden or possible hindrance. Masai gave him the coin as a token and gesture of his contributions to the raptors. Other teams won't view it the same way.

Maybe he takes i discount after his 1 year extension is up. He is on the decline but his intangibles and skills could age well and he is a respected leader/vet for the lockerroom.

Oh wow! Nice move by all parties involved!

I hope Lowry retires a Raptor!

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Well deserved thank you to the GROAT.

Allows Masai to have flexibility for that biggest Free Agency summer of 2021.

Maybe Kyle if he still decides to play further would accept a vet minimum with a lesser role then.

Retire a Raptor.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps Insider 12 View Post
    Well deserved thank you to the GROAT.

Allows Masai to have flexibility for that biggest Free Agency summer of 2021.

Maybe Kyle if he still decides to play further would accept a vet minimum with a lesser role then.

Retire a Raptor.
    GROAT makes me think “scrote”. As in scrotum.

https://youtu.be/_o5Bujo5kWk

Listen to this song by DJ Kool and replace throat with scrote and enjoy the laughs.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    It's kind of a double edged sword if you ask me. Sure he won't be a rental anymore but he'll be 35 years old making 31 million. I don't think he gets traded though. I expect one of Gasol/Ibaka to be gone 100% but not Lowry.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Anyone know what lowrys bird rights cap hold will be after the extension expires?

He's in great shape and has a quality back up to keep him from having to play 40 mpg. His scoring was only down because he deferred to Demar and then even more to Kawhi. His assist numbers were up last year though and he still played great defense. I like having him around to help take pressure off Siakam.

That extra year though may cost them FVV. Dude wants to be a starter, and them having Lowry locked up at 31M is going to make it hard for him to get starting PG type money in Toronto after this season.

Maybe Masai tries to extend all 3 of Lowry, Ibaka and Gasol for one more year to line up his cap space for a run at Giannis?

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    He's in great shape and has a quality back up to keep him from having to play 40 mpg. His scoring was only down because he deferred to Demar and then even more to Kawhi. His assist numbers were up last year though and he still played great defense. I like having him around to help take pressure off Siakam.

That extra year though may cost them FVV. Dude wants to be a starter, and them having Lowry locked up at 31M is going to make it hard for him to get starting PG type money in Toronto after this season.

Maybe Masai tries to extend all 3 of Lowry, Ibaka and Gasol for one more year to line up his cap space for a run at Giannis?
    I’m pretty sure they have planned for FVV. I don’t think they’ll have too much trouble locking him up.
    FVV was never going to get 30m. I’m guessing 15m.

I could totally see him locking up Gasol for 1 more year. I don’t think Ibaka will be willing to accept a 1 year deal though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast