Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: What do you want to do with Serge?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trade him

0 0%
  • Keep him for the playoff run then let him walk

0 0%
  • Re-sign him

1 100.00%

Thread: Serge Ibaka

Serge Ibaka

I feel like this is thread worthy. What do you want to do with Serge Ibaka? He's an expiring contract this year but I feel that he still has good years left in him. I know FVV's deal is up and he's a priority but I'd like to see Serge stick around. If he'd sign the dotted line on a 2 or 3 year deal then I'd be all for it. He seems to like it here and after having won the ring maybe he'll take a discount? 3 years 40-45 mil maybe? What do you guys want to do with Serge?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

He's playing his best basketball. I would like to see him return. Not sure what the number is though that makes sense. I think he is looking at 17- 20 million per year.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

He would be a bargain at anything around 20mil. He could be getting 25-30 in FA. He has proven to be a contributer on both sides of the ball and a quality finisher all over the court. He would fit on pretty much any team and you know what you’re going to get because he is at his best without the ball in his hands - a rare but vital attribute for bigs in the modern nba.

Lock him up if you can, because even if he needs to be moved to make room for Giannis it shouldn’t be a problem looking for trade partners who will be willing to give actual assets for him.
    Getting Giannis means that future draft capitol becomes even more important.

I guess Thomas Bryant is a comparable who signed 25 million for three years. They are putting up similar numbers. Ibaka has been beasting with more minutes.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Ibaka is averaging 18 and 10 over the last month. I'd say he would be an all star this season if he didnt get hurt or if he didnt lose so much playing time when Gasol is healthy. He was basically playing around 20-25 minutes a night prior to the Gasol injury.

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    I guess Thomas Bryant is a comparable who signed 25 million for three years. They are putting up similar numbers. Ibaka has been beasting with more minutes.

Didn’t even realize Thomas Bryant became something lol.

I’d sign Ibaka to that contract right now.

https://clutchpoints.com/should-nick...aka-at-center/

This is an interesting article on the topic of Ibaka and his current play and what Nurse should do with Gasol coming back.

A topic that some of us have been discussing all season. I personally think Ibaka should be starting and have Gasol lead the young guys on the 2nd unit. I wouldn't decrease his minutes any. When Ibaka cools down you can always insert Marc back with the starting unit.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    https://clutchpoints.com/should-nick...aka-at-center/

This is an interesting article on the topic of Ibaka and his current play and what Nurse should do with Gasol coming back.

A topic that some of us have been discussing all season. I personally think Ibaka should be starting and have Gasol lead the young guys on the 2nd unit. I wouldn't decrease his minutes any. When Ibaka cools down you can always insert Marc back with the starting unit.
    Agreed. If Ibaka gets moved to the bench it would be 2 years in a row where he gets demoted after playing out of his mind. Not only that but our 2nd unit could desperately use some ball movement. I'd like to see Ibaka start from here on out. Pencil Gasol in when we play Philly and that's about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Agreed. If Ibaka gets moved to the bench it would be 2 years in a row where he gets demoted after playing out of his mind. Not only that but our 2nd unit could desperately use some ball movement. I'd like to see Ibaka start from here on out. Pencil Gasol in when we play Philly and that's about it.
    I think Ibaka has earned it. He's averaging 18&10 since he's been starting. He's been very effective

Gasol needs to start in the playoffs because he is less predictable. The scouting report on Ibaka hasn’t changed for years. The first time we played demar you could see him using it to his advantage by just stepping out of the way when Ibaka would do his bulldog down-low thing and Ibaka would topple over.

For me - if Powell is starting and FVV off the bench then Gasol should start.
    If FVV is starting and Powell off the bench then ibaka should start.

With TD, Lowry, FVV, Siakam and Gasol, there is no reason why we shouldn’t have 3 ball handlers on the court at all times.

Tons of appreciation for what Ibaka has been doing. Those who have discussed this with me won't be surprised that I still like Gasol with the starting unit. The putrid 4th quarter defense from the main unit against SAS was an acute reminder of the guy we've been missing.

My only option is not trade him. Make the decision later, but I want him around for the playoffs.