Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I always wonder what Bargs would be if he were drafted in this era. Would he actually be primo in the 3 point era or would he still just be pasta and sauce.
    Bargs would be pretty good honestly. His only weakness (in the context of being a perennial allstar) was on the block. Other than that he was able to do a little bit of everything offensively. And idk, our organization was such a joke, I can see why he stopped giving a ****. I remember when Messina was surprised when we were questioning his work ethic and mental toughness and questioned our coaching and how our team was run.

Bargnani was cool.

He could never meet the expectations of a #1 (tbf was a **** draft) and I think he couldnt handle the criticism and he checked out.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    Bargs would be pretty good honestly. His only weakness (in the context of being a perennial allstar) was on the block. Other than that he was able to do a little bit of everything offensively. And idk, our organization was such a joke, I can see why he stopped giving a ****. I remember when Messina was surprised when we were questioning his work ethic and mental toughness and questioned our coaching and how our team was run.

rebounds. Jesus how fast you forget.

Rebounds are important in any era & Bargs was just about the worst rebounding big I've ever seen in any of them. And since any loose ball stat comes down to hustle, that lack of rebounding effort means I don't believe he's that 'dog' kind of championship player.

So no, I don't think Bargs would fit in this era either.
    Last edited by Sly Guy; 10-24-2021 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sly Guy View Post

Rebounds are important in any era & Bargs was just about the worst rebounding big I've ever seen in any of them. And since any loose ball stat comes down to hustle, that lack of rebounding effort means I don't believe he's that 'dog' kind of championship player.

The franchise could have empowered him early on though. He shouldnít have put on all that weight and been banned from shooting 3ís. Such a **** show back then.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Just picked up a PS5 and downloading 2k22 as I type this. Let the rebuild commence!
    Are they available or did you have to really search to find one?

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    ďItís about winning,Ē Stoudemire said. ďYou win, youíre going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won ó Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you donít win, nobody really wants to see you.Ē

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    Are they available or did you have to really search to find one?

Had to search for over a month.

Had to search for over a month.
    Yeah they have been tough to find. I was hoping stores would have them in stock by now.

ďItís about winning,Ē Stoudemire said. ďYou win, youíre going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won ó Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you donít win, nobody really wants to see you.Ē

Quote Originally Posted by Sly Guy View Post

If you need the guy shooting 3s to rebound the ball, thatís a team issue. Rebounding was only a problem in that era because teams made that the primary responsibility for bigs. With it now being spread out, itís not that big of a deal. Having a big that can help you spread 5 out is way more important.

If you have Sam Mitchell running the team then sure it is a problem. Any modern coach/GM, not a problem at all. Itís 2021 get with it.

And you know thereís a lot of room between pretty good and championship calibre player. You donít need to win championships or contend for one perennially to be a good fit in an era rofl.
    Last edited by ecart; 10-24-2021 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    If you need the guy shooting 3s to rebound the ball, thatís a team issue. Rebounding was only a problem in that era because teams made that the primary responsibility for bigs. With it now being spread out, itís not that big of a deal. Having a big that can help you spread 5 out is way more important.

If you have Sam Mitchell running the team then sure it is a problem. Any modern coach/GM, not a problem at all. Itís 2021 get with it.

And you know thereís a lot of room between pretty good and championship calibre player. You donít need to win championships or contend for one perennially to be a good fit in an era rofl.
    Dude came in as a 7í floor spreading small forward, and they tried to turn him into inside C. All to appease bosh.

Dude came in as a 7í floor spreading small forward, and they tried to turn him into inside C. All to appease bosh.
    And Bosh wanted Aldridge lol

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789