Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Electoral reform, re-instating full time pensions as opposed to lump sums for veterans, undergrad education covered for veterans and a whole boat load of issues with Indigenous rights to name a few. Legalization is cool and all but it's being handled pretty poorly if you ask me. I guess that's more on the provincial level though.
    Johns rules my man. Can’t just go changing things unless the majority of reps agree. Even then it takes a ton of time.

Quote Originally Posted by LanceUpperCut View Post
    I’m currently working in western Pennsylvania just 15-20 minutes from Pittsburgh on a site owned by Shell with 7,000 people all in a rather close area and they won’t shut it down yet 30 miles from here in Ohio all gatherings over a 100 people are illegal right now.

I do ask a favor of you all if you see anyone selling toilet paper or hand sanitizer or basically anything else normal people might need just to try to gauge desperate people please politely put there mouth on the closes curb and jump on their ****ing heads.
    I'm stuck working in Denmark. Taking a boat from here to BC via Panama. My original plan was to go all the way to BC but we've been delayed a month and now am planning on getting off in Panama (in about 3-4 weeks). Hope travel is still available by then or I may be holed up in a Panamanian whore house for a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    I'm stuck working in Denmark. Taking a boat from here to BC via Panama. My original plan was to go all the way to BC but we've been delayed a month and now am planning on getting off in Panama (in about 3-4 weeks). Hope travel is still available by then or I may be holed up in a Panamanian whore house for a bit
    I'd be surprised if you even make it to Panama with the way things are going.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Are you aware that they’ve called for all Canadians to come home?

I'd be surprised if you even make it to Panama with the way things are going.
    Nah, we will make it to Panama. We are set to leave on Saturday. I'm not really that worried about the situation yet

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Are you aware that they’ve called for all Canadians to come home?
    I am aware but I really can't leave this company high and dry four days before we sail because they need my certifications to transit across the Atlantic. We will be 28 days still before we reach Panama and if things get really dire I will just stay aboard for the trip to BC. I live on the east coast and would really like to be home on the 15th so I can self quarantine for two weeks and resume my normal.job on the first of may

Nah, we will make it to Panama. We are set to leave on Saturday. I'm not really that worried about the situation yet
    I hope you do. The situation here is evolving at a ridiculous rate with each passing day.

I am aware but I really can't leave this company high and dry four days before we sail because they need my certifications to transit across the Atlantic. We will be 28 days still before we reach Panama and if things get really dire I will just stay aboard for the trip to BC. I live on the east coast and would really like to be home on the 15th so I can self quarantine for two weeks and resume my normal.job on the first of may
    Cruise ships are prohibited from docking in Canada until July. Not sure what that means for other ships but I figure I'd throw that out there. Also there's only 4 airports in the country that are accepting Canadians from abroad at the moment. That could change too.

Stay safe Kenny and good luck.

Cruise ships are prohibited from docking in Canada until July. Not sure what that means for other ships but I figure I'd throw that out there. Also there's only 4 airports in the country that are accepting Canadians from abroad at the moment. That could change too.
    Yeah we only have fifteen crew so I can't see the transit being too much of a problem. We will all get tested here before we leave and then we are essentially quarantined for 22 days until we hit Panama. Getting off there may be an issue but if I cant, I'll have to bite the bullet and stay on another two weeks until the boat hits BC. I hoping that in twenty two days we see a decline, countries like most here in scandanavia, Canada and even Panama have acted much swifter then China and Italy so that should hopefully stem the spread. Worst case scenario, I have to go to BC and if I can't make it to PEI then I have relatives in BC and a lot of friends in Calgary. Best case scenario when we hot Panama, I can get off, party for a few days and then fly home and not have to self quarantine. Time will tell, I guess

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Stay safe Kenny and good luck.
    Thanks Mike. When I woke up early this morning, I thought about packing up and not telling anyone an catching a train to Copenhagen and getting the **** off this continent, but I'm not a dick and I believe karma. So by me staying, I really hope karma turns my way and I can get off when I need to.

All this talk about ‘getting off’ is making me excited for the jays future!

Yeah we only have fifteen crew so I can't see the transit being too much of a problem. We will all get tested here before we leave and then we are essentially quarantined for 22 days until we hit Panama. Getting off there may be an issue but if I cant, I'll have to bite the bullet and stay on another two weeks until the boat hits BC. I hoping that in twenty two days we see a decline, countries like most here in scandanavia, Canada and even Panama have acted much swifter then China and Italy so that should hopefully stem the spread. Worst case scenario, I have to go to BC and if I can't make it to PEI then I have relatives in BC and a lot of friends in Calgary. Best case scenario when we hot Panama, I can get off, party for a few days and then fly home and not have to self quarantine. Time will tell, I guess
    Hope it all works out for you dude.

What do you guys think about Trudeau's announcement of Canadians getting $2,000 a month for the next 4 months? It's definitely a cut but I know that I could make it work.

What do you guys think about Trudeau's announcement of Canadians getting $2,000 a month for the next 4 months? It's definitely a cut but I know that I could make it work.
    Who even knows at this point. They won’t even be going through the EI stuff until next week. The mortgage deferrals haven’t gone through yet and I was told they may not have them processed by the end of April.

I also read that there’s some loopholes that have been put in place where 75% of people that are off won’t even be eligible for any of the money. Time will tell. My wife brought home a whopping $75 last pay cheque and my tenant hasn’t been able to pay yet (rent due on the 20th).

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast