Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasky05 View Post
    That's why blue chip stocks particularly bank stocks are a safe haven. They pay dividends on a per share basis, so you have the steady income stream and the opportunity for appreciation. If they do go down temporarily you don't get an impact on your monthly/quarterly dividend income stream. Dividend income is also tax preferred, so you can earn about $60K per year tax free. Great if you and your spouse can both earn dividend income, you'll have a great income on minimal tax consequence. Good Luck!
    Thatís awesome thanks for the explanation!

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Thatís awesome thanks for the explanation!
    Your welcome Chong, hope you and your spouse have a great retirement.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderdan22 View Post
    That would likely shoot up to about 2B with a championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
    I am retired, but may have to go back to work for a year or two. Due to drop in stock market. My investments have took a beating.
    That sucks for sure at your age. Sorry to hear that.

Hopefully it goes without saying if you are young-ish (50 and under) this is an amazing situation for us.

If you have been regularly contributing to an RRSP, TFSA or RESP it would be a grievous error to pull back your contributions now.

As Warren Buffett would say the stock market is just full of great deals on great companies right now.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Thatís why I plan on putting my savings into Canada savings bonds once I hit my 3mil retirement goal, and living off the interest. Pretty much eliminates the market volatility, just have to make sure Canada doesnít fall apart completely.
    Put that in an index fund that tracks the S&P 500 and you will coast to the finish line with just as much certainty. Or a total US market fund, results will be nearly identical.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...alls-1.5547685
    At 162 games, with the occasional double-header thrown in for good measure, the Major League Baseball season is often compared to a marathon.

But with the 2020 season delayed indefinitely, Toronto Blue Jays broadcaster Jamie Campbell has tapped into a new daily rhythm ó phone calls with Jays fans struggling with social isolation and longing for their favourite pastime.

"Most days during the summer these people are accustomed to flipping on their TV and seeing my face or hearing my voice," said Campbell on CBC Radio's Metro Morning.

"And though in most cases we've never met, they feel like I'm part of their family in some way."
    Campbell announced in late March his plan to start calling Jays fans while play on the field is delayed.
    Lots more in the article. Good guy Jamie Campbell.

The Lost Boys of PSD

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...alls-1.5547685

Lots more in the article. Good guy Jamie Campbell.
    Jamie Campbell is good ****. Bumped into him several times when I used to live around the Rogers building and struck up a few conversations. He'd always want to pet my dog.
    HOW DO YOU LIKE ME NOW?

Facts can be hypothetical.

What does everyone think of Doug Ford's handling of the pandemic? I didn't vote for the guy but I've got to commend him for his work as of late. Hopefully he has a change of heart on some of his policies when this is all said and done. Rolling back his cuts to healthcare and giving Ontarians their sick days back would be a good start.
    HOW DO YOU LIKE ME NOW?

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    What does everyone think of Doug Ford's handling of the pandemic? I didn't vote for the guy but I've got to commend him for his work as of late. Hopefully he has a change of heart on some of his policies when this is all said and done. Rolling back his cuts to healthcare and giving Ontarians their sick days back would be a good start.
    I've been pretty proud with our federal and provincial governments working together and their plans. I'm no fan of my premier, Kenney, but I can't complain with his handling of things. We can nitpick and point to things that the government's could have done better, but in all truth, nobody has ever had to deal with this before and they're trying to figure it out as we go. And if we look south of the border, I'm very grateful to see our leaders put politics aside for the most part and work together.

The Lost Boys of PSD

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    I've been pretty proud with our federal and provincial governments working together and their plans. I'm no fan of my premier, Kenney, but I can't complain with his handling of things. We can nitpick and point to things that the government's could have done better, but in all truth, nobody has ever had to deal with this before and they're trying to figure it out as we go. And if we look south of the border, I'm very grateful to see our leaders put politics aside for the most part and work together.
    I was just pointing out some of Ford's plans when he took over office. Right now none of that matters because of the pandemic but if changes aren't made post-pandemic then it'll be disappointing. I'm at a point where if Ford began to make some changes then I'd seriously consider voting for him. I'm with you on your final sentence though. It's a relief seeing our leaders work together.
    HOW DO YOU LIKE ME NOW?

How the hell is everyone during these strange times. I tell my outlet for no sports to watch has been getting back into collecting cards. It's a blast and man some are worth a pile of money now. It's like buy stocks just it's players instead of companies.

Quote Originally Posted by LanceUpperCut View Post
    How the hell is everyone during these strange times. I tell my outlet for no sports to watch has been getting back into collecting cards. It's a blast and man some are worth a pile of money now. It's like buy stocks just it's players instead of companies.
    What are your best finds so far? I haven't collected cards since I was a kid. I'd be surprised if my Mom kept the binders and bins in her basement.

I've just been taking it easy. I'm one of the lucky ones considering my work has been paying me to stay home since March 13. I've been doing morning workouts then gaming, writing and cooking basically everyday. The absolute best part of quarantine has been spending time with my dog. He's a bulldog who's turning 11 in a couple weeks and his health has been on a downward trend for the last year or two. Arthritis has been setting in and now breathing issues have started to surface. These past several weeks I've noticed a visible change in his mood now as we're now spending all day together. Been seeing him bust out random smiles much more than he had been the past little while.
    HOW DO YOU LIKE ME NOW?

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    What are your best finds so far? I haven't collected cards since I was a kid. I'd be surprised if my Mom kept the binders and bins in her basement.

I've just been taking it easy. I'm one of the lucky ones considering my work has been paying me to stay home since March 13. I've been doing morning workouts then gaming, writing and cooking basically everyday. The absolute best part of quarantine has been spending time with my dog. He's a bulldog who's turning 11 in a couple weeks and his health has been on a downward trend for the last year or two. Arthritis has been setting in and now breathing issues have started to surface. These past several weeks I've noticed a visible change in his mood now as we're now spending all day together. Been seeing him bust out random smiles much more than he had been the past little while.
    Yeah I've been staying really busy. I have a small specialty cleaning business and spending lots of time with family and dog too.

As for cards it's amazing how things have evolved, basically all of us in are 30-45 range collected back in the day most of those are garbage but nowadays certain cards are huge money. To me it's like buying stocks just instead of some ****** company you don't give a **** about it's players that we all have interest in. It's hard to jump right into but it's fun.

Quote Originally Posted by LanceUpperCut View Post
    Yeah I've been staying really busy. I have a small specialty cleaning business and spending lots of time with family and dog too.

As for cards it's amazing how things have evolved, basically all of us in are 30-45 range collected back in the day most of those are garbage but nowadays certain cards are huge money. To me it's like buying stocks just instead of some ****** company you don't give a **** about it's players that we all have interest in. It's hard to jump right into but it's fun.
    Yeah off the top of my head I couldn't imagine anything I had being worth anything special. The only cards I had that are worth remembering were Pavel Bure and Mark McGwire rookie cards. The only reason I remember the McGwire card is because my Dad told me it'd be worth something someday after he hit 70......lol.
    HOW DO YOU LIKE ME NOW?

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast