Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    A few racist comments which obviously will have consequences for and shouldn't be tolerated.

In regards to the roasting of the women, I'm torn because on one hand it's not a good look and something I wouldn't have done, but I think back to my playing days, and even not playing days since, and when I was younger, nothing that was said was new to me. And it was a private conversation. I don't really care what people say or do in private. Not trying to defend him, though. It's a stain on the sport and he should've been let go and probably won't be back in the league.

You also can't tell me girls don't carve guys in their own private chats.

Hope everyone is doing well.
    I havenít seen the racist comments. Weíre they said in jest? Or were they serious racial attacks?

Iím not racist or sexist, but I definitely believe people should be able to have private conversations and say whatever the hell they want.
    It would be a different situation if he was doing this during work hours or something. Then I could see him deserving a firing.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I havenít seen the racist comments. Weíre they said in jest? Or were they serious racial attacks?

Iím not racist or sexist, but I definitely believe people should be able to have private conversations and say whatever the hell they want.
    It would be a different situation if he was doing this during work hours or something. Then I could see him deserving a firing.
    He called one of the women a fat native pig. I thought there was another but I may have been wrong. Seemed racist to me but others may disagree.

The story I heard is that one of the guys in the chat left his phone out and a girl took it and went through the chat and snapshotted it. Might not be true but that's just the rumour.

I agree I don't care what people say privately, but I guess once it goes public, it's not really private anymore.

The Lost Boys of PSD

He called one of the women a fat native pig. I thought there was another but I may have been wrong. Seemed racist to me but others may disagree.

The story I heard is that one of the guys in the chat left his phone out and a girl took it and went through the chat and snapshotted it. Might not be true but that's just the rumour.

I agree I don't care what people say privately, but I guess once it goes public, it's not really private anymore.
    Thatís the same story I heard. And I feel no need to punish the guy given the circumstances. It would be different if he tweeted it or something. I see this along the lines as if someone hacked his twitter and said some bad stuff before he realized it was hacked.

The only disgusting person is the girl who searched the guys phone and shared the private conversation imo. Iím actually surprised there wasnít even worse things in that convo.

Thank god we live in Canada am I right? Watching the disaster south of our border makes me more and more grateful to have been born in Canada.

The Lost Boys of PSD

Thank god we live in Canada am I right? Watching the disaster south of our border makes me more and more grateful to have been born in Canada.
    Amen!

Though I donít understand what is happening in Montreal. I also worry how much of this will be put on the pandemic and idle hands - like I believe basic income is a great idea, but will politicians see the civil unrest and pin it to people having too much time on their hands. I hope not.

Yes, grateful to be where we are and when we are. But I'm sure we all agree, that racism is alive and well in Canada. The treatment of indigenous people here is appalling.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Yes, grateful to be where we are and when we are. But I'm sure we all agree, that racism is alive and well in Canada. The treatment of indigenous people here is appalling.
    Among other racial issues too.

What are the Montreal protests even about?

Among other racial issues too.

What are the Montreal protests even about?
    Absolutely.

I don't know about Montreal. I know there were protests about the girl that fell from her balcony while the police were in her apartment, but they may have just been a Toronto thing. I think the Montreal ones are an extension of the American ones.

Agreed. We know we can do better and strive to do better. At least we recognize it's an issue here. Half of the US doesn't even think it exists.

I don't really know how this ends. Its only June and they still have their election which we all know how it will go. Things will get even worse in the US. I hope our government has some sort of plan for our border at least. You'd have to seriously be considering it at this point.

The Lost Boys of PSD

Agreed. We know we can do better and strive to do better. At least we recognize it's an issue here. Half of the US doesn't even think it exists.

I don't really know how this ends. Its only June and they still have their election which we all know how it will go. Things will get even worse in the US. I hope our government has some sort of plan for our border at least. You'd have to seriously be considering it at this point.
    Well I do think this spells the end of trump. I cannot imagine how he could win after this. I assume this ignites the young voters.
    Heís handling this like a facist. Itís pretty crazy to see from here. He will try his hardest to cancel the election, but they even had an election during the real civil war so I donít think he has a leg to stand on.
    Frankly, Bernie should jump back into the race. I doubt he will, but he would win if heís in it right now.

But yeah I donít know how this ends. I donít see this as just a racial thing. I think itís a systemic thing that is driving people crazy. Like the USA residents have only received 1 pay cheque for 1200$ that took ages to get to them because trump wanted his signature on it.
    With my 2 kids I am receiving more than double that every month.

Meanwhile Jeff bezos has grown his wealth by 40billion through this pandemic and hasnít payed any taxes in 3 years.

That country is so ****ed.
    Corruption defined:
    1. dishonest or fraudulent conduct by those in power, typically involving bribery.
    "the journalist who wants to expose corruption in high places"

So if corruption means money making the laws, then I see USA as more corrupt than North Korea or Saudi Arabia. Itís hard to corrupt an empire because the leader is already just doing whatís in their best interest. Often it doesnít even involve money but more as a way to stay in power or stay alive.

USA is completely run by the money and itís sickening.

Sorry dude, are you suggesting they might invade Canada? Cause I donít really see that. I do however think that we should be extending research grants and comfy suburban homes to their best and brightest minds.

Sorry dude, are you suggesting they might invade Canada? Cause I donít really see that. I do however think that we should be extending research grants and comfy suburban homes to their best and brightest minds.
    No of course Iím not suggesting theyíll invade Canada thatís ridiculous. Iím saying if this devolves further into an armed conflict, whether itís low level or whatever, that we need to secure our border. Like it sounds ridiculous, but at this point I donít see how it doesnít further devolve into something like it.

Weíre in uncharted territory and once this election is done, whether Trump tries cancelling it or calls it rigged when he loses, itís going to get worse than what it is now. I mean maybe itís just him being a blowhard, probably, but he threatened a military crackdown on Americans like heís Gadafi or Assad. And his cult of supporters love it. Thatís whatís scary about it.

That country is so ****ed.
    Corruption defined:
    1. dishonest or fraudulent conduct by those in power, typically involving bribery.
    "the journalist who wants to expose corruption in high places"

So if corruption means money making the laws, then I see USA as more corrupt than North Korea or Saudi Arabia. Itís hard to corrupt an empire because the leader is already just doing whatís in their best interest. Often it doesnít even involve money but more as a way to stay in power or stay alive.

USA is completely run by the money and itís sickening.
    And they complain about China? Yikes.

No of course Iím not suggesting theyíll invade Canada thatís ridiculous. Iím saying if this devolves further into an armed conflict, whether itís low level or whatever, that we need to secure our border. Like it sounds ridiculous, but at this point I donít see how it doesnít further devolve into something like it.

Weíre in uncharted territory and once this election is done, whether Trump tries cancelling it or calls it rigged when he loses, itís going to get worse than what it is now. I mean maybe itís just him being a blowhard, probably, but he threatened a military crackdown on Americans like heís Gadafi or Assad. And his cult of supporters love it. Thatís whatís scary about it.
    The one thing about Americans is their unparalleled patriotism. I think even if he claims rigged, the American people believe more in their entire system than they do for the president himself, that he wouldn't be able to stay in office. If he truly wins, well they're ****ed.

The one thing about Americans is their unparalleled patriotism. I think even if he claims rigged, the American people believe more in their entire system than they do for the president himself, that he wouldn't be able to stay in office. If he truly wins, well they're ****ed.
    I don't think they believe in their system at all. Whoever wins will believe in it but the trust in that system has been completely obliterated over the last 20 years. They lost trust in their politicians for good reason, they lost trust in their institutions, kind of for good reason but mostly because of self sabotage, and watch them lose trust in their elections in November. You don't really have a system if you don't trust one major aspect of it.

I read this a couple days ago and it really sums it all up:
    https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...itions/610261/

The Lost Boys of PSD

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast