Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    I know a big time gambler - not sports but everything else. According to him he never loses. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    At this point we're leaning heavily towards keeping them home and home schooling them. I have a hard time with still having stay at max of 10 people for gatherings, but we can pack the kids back into a school. My youngest is a definite no, but the older one we're still really thinking about.
    You can have up to 50 people in one place now as long as you're in phase 3. How old are your kids if you don't mind me asking? The younger they are the more cause for concern so I get your mentality with wanting to keep the younger one at home. If you have the means and the time to provide home schooling then it makes sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Not dirty, just different. I'll bet some days he's living the dream and other days, well.... he's got two girls to yell at him when he screws up lol.
    Very much this. When Iím wrong, thereís no point in fighting back. Goes both ways though.
    Even the sex is a **** ton of work.

The best part is the respect it garners among men.
    Every guy loves it, every woman HATES it.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    You can have up to 50 people in one place now as long as you're in phase 3. How old are your kids if you don't mind me asking? The younger they are the more cause for concern so I get your mentality with wanting to keep the younger one at home. If you have the means and the time to provide home schooling then it makes sense.
    But you're still supposed to keep your "bubble" to 15 I believe now.

Youngest is 4, starting JK, which is already an optional, non academic year. Basically free day care. Intellectually he's fine. Probably ahead of most kids his own age as far as math and English go. Socially is where the struggle will be. But.... there were many generations before us that didn't even have JK, so kids didn't go to school with their peers until 5 back then anyways.

Oldest is 9. Starting grade 4. I'm really not that concerned about her. She wants to go. Problem is that my wife is high risk, takes multiple puffers for asthma and has chronic bronchitis. Kinda seems pointless to send one and keep one home. But we have to let them know by this Thursday (they extended it for us). If I had three more weeks, I might make a different choice. They've now told us that we can opt back in at any point, but it could take a few weeks to prepare for her to come back after the fact. So I was thinking, maybe keep her home for the first couple of months, and if all hell hasn't broken loose by Halloween, we take the steps to put her back in.

I'm in a pretty good situation for keeping them home. My wife just switched to part time in a new department, so she says what she's available to them. My mother just retired. And my work will let me work three twelve hour shifts and make up the difference from home. So with all of that, we should be able to home school one child. But we have to make a real effort, because from March-June it was a **** show and almost no schooling was done.

Very much this. When Iím wrong, thereís no point in fighting back. Goes both ways though.
    Even the sex is a **** ton of work.

The best part is the respect it garners among men.
    Every guy loves it, every woman HATES it.
    I seriously applaud you for breaking away from the norm. And not in the threesome, sexual way. In the manner of you do what works for you and yours and screw everyone else.

I seriously applaud you for breaking away from the norm. And not in the threesome, sexual way. In the manner of you do what works for you and yours and screw everyone else.
    Thanks we appreciate that.

But you're still supposed to keep your "bubble" to 15 I believe now.

Youngest is 4, starting JK, which is already an optional, non academic year. Basically free day care. Intellectually he's fine. Probably ahead of most kids his own age as far as math and English go. Socially is where the struggle will be. But.... there were many generations before us that didn't even have JK, so kids didn't go to school with their peers until 5 back then anyways.

Oldest is 9. Starting grade 4. I'm really not that concerned about her. She wants to go. Problem is that my wife is high risk, takes multiple puffers for asthma and has chronic bronchitis. Kinda seems pointless to send one and keep one home. But we have to let them know by this Thursday (they extended it for us). If I had three more weeks, I might make a different choice. They've now told us that we can opt back in at any point, but it could take a few weeks to prepare for her to come back after the fact. So I was thinking, maybe keep her home for the first couple of months, and if all hell hasn't broken loose by Halloween, we take the steps to put her back in.

I'm in a pretty good situation for keeping them home. My wife just switched to part time in a new department, so she says what she's available to them. My mother just retired. And my work will let me work three twelve hour shifts and make up the difference from home. So with all of that, we should be able to home school one child. But we have to make a real effort, because from March-June it was a **** show and almost no schooling was done.
    Yeah the social aspect is really the only important thing. If he has some friends then you can try to work around it with some daily play time or something. Basically every kid that starts out at our daycare takes a few months to get adjusted and then their personality changes so much just from being around other kids on a consistent basis. It's really important for their communication too.

If you can opt back in at any point then I think your plan sounds solid for the older one. Kids her age have the capability to socially distance and wear a mask if their parents do a proper job teaching them but that's just the thing. You can't really trust other kids parents now especially with all the anti mask crap going around. Personally I think daycares and schools will be shut down again in the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by FLeays View Post
    I did. Waste of money. House ALWAYS win and when I did win I didn't get out and lost my winnings. Switched to the stock market. Much better
    I am thinking on getting it. Been watching for a week. Will make a few pretend bets to see how I do first. Indians been under 10 of 14 games. They must have good pitching but little offense. I know hockey better than baseball. Flyers +250 may put some mone y on them as well. Think they got lucky with Montreal upset. May to same with 'Yotes and Hawks as Vegas and Avs heavy favorites.

Yeah the social aspect is really the only important thing. If he has some friends then you can try to work around it with some daily play time or something. Basically every kid that starts out at our daycare takes a few months to get adjusted and then their personality changes so much just from being around other kids on a consistent basis. It's really important for their communication too.

If you can opt back in at any point then I think your plan sounds solid for the older one. Kids her age have the capability to socially distance and wear a mask if their parents do a proper job teaching them but that's just the thing. You can't really trust other kids parents now especially with all the anti mask crap going around. Personally I think daycares and schools will be shut down again in the winter.
    Final decision is in, both kids are staying home. We'll deal with it as best we can.

Final decision is in, both kids are staying home. We'll deal with it as best we can.
    Good on you for making the decision. Now you can start planning and putting the wheels in motion. If people start to judge and criticize then just block them out.

Good on you for making the decision. Now you can start planning and putting the wheels in motion. If people start to judge and criticize then just block them out.
    Thanks. I appreciate the support. Iíve let their friends parents know and so far so good. No shaming or judging. And I feel the same the other way. To each their own.

Thanks. I appreciate the support. Iíve let their friends parents know and so far so good. No shaming or judging. And I feel the same the other way. To each their own.
    Yup. You're doing what you feel is best for your children as are the other parents.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011