Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    This is a lie fans tell themselves when they're staring down a long rebuild, the problem is the giants don't have the young pieces to re-tool around, they're core is all over 30 and in full decline. This isn't like the 2015 team that had a rough year and missed the playoffs but still had Bumgarner, Posey, the Brandons all in their primes with top prospects like Tyler Beade and Kyle Crick in AA and Lucious Fox recently signed, and Phil Bickford just added to the minors.
    This is a team with all those major leaguers mentioned above, but now they're old, injured and ineffective.

So what if you add a piece or two, who are those pieces supposed to supplement? That's the point of a retool.
    Your right the giants aren't going to rebuild and sell everyone off, there is basically no one to sell off at this point other than Bumgarner and relievers.

The team you described is the Angels, THEY aren't going to go full rebuild and make everyone available, because they have good young players at the major league level to build around like Mike Trout, Anderalton Simmons, David Fletcher, Shohei Otani, MIKE TROUT,Griffen Canning, and near the Majors they have top prospects like Jo Adell, and Brandon Marsh...and they HAVE MIKE TROUT

The giants are as constructed a team of hasbeens, Quad A players, and pretty good bullpen (which are volatile from year to year) with a solid but not great starting rotation,that should be getting Cueto back, for whatever that's worth at this point.
    If they want to compete one last time with this core, it's kinda now or never, the idea of retooling and adding a player here or there to supplement the core is a fantasy.
    I'm not saying I believe they're a true contender and that they're going to go all in this year. I don't believe they'll make the Postseason. But they're also not going to go full rebuild and tear it down like the Marlins and White Sox have done. The Giants just don't operate that way. They will try to compete, put butts in the seats, while rebuilding simultaneously. They've become more competitive due to constant incremental upgrades over the season and that will continue. That's what I mean by retool.

I don't disagree this team has a bunch of old parts with their best years behind them. They won't go out and acquire a rental, but they'll likely trade from their surplus of relievers for a controllable piece that'll help this season and beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    I'm not saying I believe they're a true contender and that they're going to go all in this year. I don't believe they'll make the Postseason. But they're also not going to go full rebuild and tear it down like the Marlins and White Sox have done. The Giants just don't operate that way. They will try to compete, put butts in the seats, while rebuilding simultaneously. They've become more competitive due to constant incremental upgrades over the season and that will continue. That's what I mean by retool.

I don't disagree this team has a bunch of old parts with their best years behind them. They won't go out and acquire a rental, but they'll likely trade from their surplus of relievers for a controllable piece that'll help this season and beyond.
    It isn't just a matter of "they don't operate that way" they don't have the ABILITY to do a full tear down.
    The Marlins had like 3 good players in their prime under control, so they traded them all, the giants don't have that.
    The bigger problem is that in a year or two when all the serviceable verterns hit free agency, they'll have to put this team together from scratch.

I think they could make the post season if they made a push. I don't think they should trade Ramos/Bart but everyone else kinda should be available.
    This is probably the last hurrah, and I don't think you'll get as much back for those relievers as you think you will, particularly with more teams falling out of contention and making players available.

Either way I don't see the giants doing anything before the deadline one way or another.

Either way I don't see the giants doing anything before the deadline one way or another.
    I will bet you that they make at least one acquisition or trade before 8-1-2019.

Quote Originally Posted by SfgiantsJD3 View Post
    I will bet you that they make at least one acquisition or trade before 8-1-2019.
    I agree, I'm sorry if I wasn't clearer, what I meant was, I don't see the giants making any moves until they know firmly whether they're in or out before the deadline.

So like I don't see them doing any deals on like the 29th for instance.

That said, I don't see the Dodgers trading a young controllable pitcher to the Giants for Cash. If it's all about opening a roster spot or something like that, they could just give him to the Orioles or something.
    Brock Stewart ****ing sucks though. lol

And that Vasquez2LA trade would be great for LA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LASportsFan1996 View Post
    Brock Stewart ****ing sucks though. lol

And that Vasquez2LA trade would be great for LA.

yeah, but they're not just going to hand him to the giants for free, if they were going to do that, send him to Baltimore or some ****.

yeah, but they're not just going to hand him to the giants for free, if they were going to do that, send him to Baltimore or some ****.
    I donít think it matters all that much. Random prediction for him to get traded but actually makes a good amount of sense since heís a likely DFA candidate in the next week.

I agree, I'm sorry if I wasn't clearer, what I meant was, I don't see the giants making any moves until they know firmly whether they're in or out before the deadline.

So like I don't see them doing any deals on like the 29th for instance.
    The Cubs announced today that they have acquired lefty Derek Holland from the Giants.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345