Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Why arenít safer vehicles driving down insurance costs?

Automatic braking, land departure assistance, collision warnings. It doesnít eliminate accidents but itís definitely makes them less likely. Why isnít insurance going down then? Is it because repairs are more expensive because of the computer systems?

Discuss

The Lost Boys of PSD

Greed

Quote Originally Posted by marychristine View Post
    Greed
    By people and companies. The companies still want the money. And I don't have the numbers in front of me, but I'd be willing to bet that value of settled claims keeps increasing as medical care becomes more expensive and people sue for minor injuries.

It is the repairs.

Plus theyíre out to make Money too. I gotta think car insurance companies make a **** load vs what they actually put out. I just look at myself. I had to use my insurance once (in 15 years of driving). That was $5000 the insurance had to pay. Thatís roughly 3-4 of the years of paying my premium. Thatís about $13K the insurance companies have made off just me and thatís conservative (Iím also on the super low end as Iíve been roughly 80-110/mo throughout my driving time).

I am on Root insurance now for about 6 months. I pay like $60/mo with full coverage and I believe like a $500 deductible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

well cars are easier to destroy as well, they evolved that way as to save lives. i swear what would've been a relatively mild accident completely destroyed my friends front end. a simple fender bender prolly causes more damage today. idk

vehicles are simpler to devastate too, they developed that route as to spare lives. I swear what would've been a moderately mellow mishap totally crushed my companions front end. a straightforward minor collision prolly causes more harm today.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    well cars are easier to destroy as well, they evolved that way as to save lives. i swear what would've been a relatively mild accident completely destroyed my friends front end. a simple fender bender prolly causes more damage today. idk
    This is correct. Cars today are designed to absorb more of the energy from a crash, which helps the driver but unfortunately totals the car.

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    Automatic braking, land departure assistance, collision warnings. It doesnít eliminate accidents but itís definitely makes them less likely. Why isnít insurance going down then? Is it because repairs are more expensive because of the computer systems?

Discuss
    Because it enables texting even more

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    One More Time

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post

Discuss
    Cost to replace all the technology.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ďIt is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, at least fails while daring greatly.Ē -- Teddy Roosevelt