Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Im just going to watch it happen and then come collect my scalps

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Where do you think they stack up against the east?
    They won't be a bottom seed. I can see them finishing anywhere in the top 5. As long as Lowry and Gasol are still hungry for it, and their competitive nature suggests they will be, i don't see them being fun for any team. They will still be one of the best defensive teams in the NBA, and will still be one of the best ball moving teams in the league. The only thing that will get in the way is injuries. Although they have gotten younger, they are still a veteran team.

If there is a concern, it's the overall efficiency they lost from losing Kawhi and Green but they may have some viable solutions going forward to compensate for Green's absence.
    Last edited by aman_13; 07-14-2019 at 07:22 PM.
    Its about winning, Stoudemire said. You win, youre going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you dont win, nobody really wants to see you.

I agree that TOR will be superb defensively. I think that their offense will be putrid though. Lowry and Gasol are at an age where regardless of how competitive they are you expect them to get worse each year,

I really like Spicy P as a player but I think hes going to flounder in the role as a #1 scorer. Its just not his skill set from what I see.

I have a lot of respect for their players and definitely agree they wont be fun to play with that defense. Just dont see the consistent scoring ability to be great. I could see them as high as the 3 seed if all goes well for them and things go bad for some other teams but could also see them at 500 which puts them probably at 7/8 seed.

East:

1.MIL
    2.Philly
    3.Boston
    4. ind
    5. BKN
    6-8....Detroit, Orl, Miami,NYK,TOR

Those last few seeds are a crapshoot

West:

1.LAC
    2.LAL
    3.Hous
    4.Denver
    5.Utah
    6.Portland
    7. warriors (seeding due to injury to Klay)
    8. Spurs/Kings/NOP

Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Yeah thinking it through they are pretty terrible. It's just tough to find teams in the bottom couple slots that aren't. Maybe the Hawks slide in with 37 wins. Or the Magic again. Who cares honestly.
    Knicks success will be largely dependent on DSJ and RJ if this two can coexist and DSJ takes that next step like Dlo did then I can see them having chance.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonjorge View Post
    Pelicans and Kings have some nice talent on them.

Pelicans

Favors/Hayes
    Zion
    Ingram
    Holiday
    Ball

Reddick
    Hart
    Okafor
    Walker

Kings

Giles
    Bagley
    Barnes
    Hield
    Fox

Bogdan
    Ariza
    Joseph
    Dedmon
    For the first time in 15 years, the Kings are relevant and I'm pumped about it. Most people still aren't projecting the Kings to make the playoffs and that's totally fair given how deep the West is, but this is a young team on the rise. They were competitive all year last season and lost a ton of really tight games against playoff teams last year. I know they only won 39 games, but the potential is there for a significant breakout if they can find a way to just put it all together and win those close games.

There is always the potential for regression or just staying where they were at last year, but that young core is exciting and there is so much upside there. Wouldn't shock me if they made the playoffs. Just don't ask me whose place they would take lol. If I had to guess though, it would be the Warriors just because their floor is lower than the other Western Conference playoffs teams.

For the Pels, they really are super deep. I think they are a year away, but who knows. They might surprise people.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    I disagree, but I can respect it.

If Steph's workload proves to be too much and he goes down, then I tend to agree.
    Truth is, nobody knows what the Warriors are gonna do this year. Everyone is just guessing.

I'll say this though... for all those people saying that Steph is too good to miss the playoffs, Lebron was supposed to be too good to miss the playoffs. This is the West and Steph doesn't have a deep roster of proven players around him. Him and D-LO together, we'll see how it works. They'll need some other unproven guys to play well and Draymond will probably have to take on some more scoring responsibility this year. IMO, Klay won't come back until after the All-Star break. They won't rush him back just to try to be a 7th or 8th seed if that's how the season is going. The Warriors don't need to make the playoffs. They've been to the finals 5 straight years and have won 3 of them. They won't risk the long term health of Klay who they just signed to a 5 year max just to sneak into the playoffs this year. So if things are going well and they are on the outside looking in, there is no way they are gonna rush Klay back just to make a push for the playoffs. They don't need it and will probably just super conservative with working Klay back into the fold. Hell, they'll be conservative with him no matter what, even if they are playing really well. No good reason for them to put there eggs all into this season. For this reason, I think there is a very good chance that Klay just sits out for most of the season.

And do they really want to push Curry so hard this year? He's 31 years old and has an injury history. I think there is a good chance they take it somewhat easy with him too, especially if it becomes clear early in the season that they don't have a realistic chance to truly contend in the West.
    Last edited by Wrigheyes4MVP; 07-15-2019 at 07:14 PM.
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    I think the Bulls have a nice squad, I just wonder if their youth will be an issue. Plus I don't know much about their head coach but he seems to cause waves.

White
    LaVine
    Porter
    Markkanen
    Carter Jr

Satoransky
    Valentine
    Hutchinson
    Young
    Kornet

Arcidiacono
    Blakeney
    Felicio
    Well play underdog, Im cool with that. We actually played above .500 ball after the Porter trade, and that was without Carter. Im not concerned about Boylen, the players seem to respect him.

Quote Originally Posted by ChI_ShIzzLe View Post
    Well play underdog, Im cool with that. We actually played above .500 ball after the Porter trade, and that was without Carter. Im not concerned about Boylen, the players seem to respect him.
    Otto Porter was nice for Chicago. Nice little buy low there. Yeah I know the contract is big, but looking around the league, a lot of guys like him have big contracts.

Bulls are building something there. Might just be too young though, but in the East I won't rule them out. The 7 and 8 seed are there for the taking.
    Marmolololololol

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    Otto Porter was nice for Chicago. Nice little buy low there. Yeah I know the contract is big, but looking around the league, a lot of guys like him have big contracts.

Bulls are building something there. Might just be too young though, but in the East I won't rule them out. The 7 and 8 seed are there for the taking.
    I know all the non-Bulls fans are just looking at last seasons 22-win total, but they wont realize that was due to a starting lineup that included Jabari Parker and Justin Holiday for the first half of the season + the whole fiasco with Hoiberg and then Boylen trying to win the team over, and no Markannen and Porter.

Were all excited for next season and how much Lavine and Markannen can progress towards becoming all stars.

East:

Milwaukee
    Philly
    Boston
    Indiana
    Orlando
    Toronto
    Miami
    Brooklyn

West:
    LAC
    Portland
    LAL
    Denver
    Houston
    Golden State
    Utah
    San Antonio

Also on the Raptor comments, I feel like the Raptors are gonna turn into the Grizzlies of the East (from the mid 2010s).. Excellent, grind it out defense, but lacking offensively... I feel they'll end up anywhere between 3-6, but probably be a 1st or 2nd round knockout depending on who they play
    Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

But Tittays are forever.

I FOUND THE LEGENDARY THREAD

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...es-to-Redskins

With things as they are now, I'll say this will be the standings

East
    1. Philadelphia 62-20
    2. Milwaukee 57-25
    3. Indiana 53-29
    4. Boston 52-30
    5. Brooklyn 48-34
    6. Miami 46-36
    7. Toronto 45-37
    8. Detroit 42-40

9. Orlando 38-44
    10. Atlanta 35-47
    11. Washington 31-51
    12 New York 28-54
    13. Chicago Bulls 25-57
    14. Cleveland Cavaliers 18-64
    15. Charlotte Hornets 14-68

West
    1. Los Angeles Clippers 64-18
    2. Los Angeles Lakers 58-24
    3. Houston Rockets 57-25
    4. Denver Nuggets 53-29
    5. Golden State Warriors 51-31
    6. Portland Trail Blazers 49-33
    7. Utah Jazz 48-34
    8. San Antonio Spurs 45-37

9. Dallas Mavericks 42-40
    10. New Orleans Pelicans 39-43
    11. Sacramento Kings 34-48
    12. Minnesota Timberwolves 28-54
    13. Phoenix Suns 23-59
    14. Oklahoma City Thunder 20-62
    15. Memphis Grizzlies 18-64

Quote Originally Posted by jericho View Post
    Miami with just Butler can see them missing it. And Orlando I think they over achieved. Knicks even tho they didn't add any major names they did at some solid vets. So I can see them squeezing in.
    The Knicks won 17 games last year, Julius Randle, RJ Barrett, and Taj Gibson aren't going to make them a playoff team.

Quote Originally Posted by Cal827 View Post
    East:

Milwaukee
    Philly
    Boston
    Indiana
    Orlando
    Toronto
    Miami
    Brooklyn

West:
    LAC
    Portland
    LAL
    Denver
    Houston
    Golden State
    Utah
    San Antonio

Also on the Raptor comments, I feel like the Raptors are gonna turn into the Grizzlies of the East (from the mid 2010s).. Excellent, grind it out defense, but lacking offensively... I feel they'll end up anywhere between 3-6, but probably be a 1st or 2nd round knockout depending on who they play
    That's really high for Orlando.

WEST:
    1) Clippers
    2) Rockets
    3) Warriors
    4) Lakers
    5) Nuggets
    6) Blazers
    7) Jazz
    8) Spurs

EAST:
    1) Bucks
    2) Sixers
    3) Celtics
    4) Pacers
    5) Raptors
    6) Pistons
    7) Nets
    8) Magic
    Today, we rip the hearts out of these ****in' haters!!! - Demeco Ryans pregame speech vs ATL

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast