Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Who makes the playoffs

So the last few moves we have going on are
    Where does Chris Paul will land?
    Will Miami get Beal and Wall?
    Let's say that everything stays the same for now. What teams you think will be making the playoffs this season?
    For me I'll say it no order.

East

Bucks
    76ers
    Celtics
    Nets
    Pacers
    Pistons
    Raptors
    Knicks

West

Clippers
    Lakers
    Warriors
    Jazz
    Nuggets
    Rockets
    Spurs
    Trailblazers

I do have the pelicans as a dark horse to make it in.

Pelicans will be exciting but they just have 0 chemistry and are too young to slide in effectively with that against them I think. Those should be the 8 in the West. Blazers with Nurkic (a seriously underrated player) likely higher than 8 but it will be one big cluster.

The end of the East playoffs are so hilarious. I was laughing at the Knicks choice until I realized "oh yeah, a 35 win team is going to make it there".

LMAO @ the Knicks making the playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Pelicans will be exciting but they just have 0 chemistry and are too young to slide in effectively with that against them I think. Those should be the 8 in the West. Blazers with Nurkic (a seriously underrated player) likely higher than 8 but it will be one big cluster.

The end of the East playoffs are so hilarious. I was laughing at the Knicks choice until I realized "oh yeah, a 35 win team is going to make it there".
    Miami with just Butler can see them missing it. And Orlando I think they over achieved. Knicks even tho they didn't add any major names they did at some solid vets. So I can see them squeezing in.

Best poster on PSD Douglas

Quote Originally Posted by jericho View Post
    Knicks even tho they didn't add any major names they did at some solid vets. So I can see them squeezing in.
    The Knicks will be fighting with Charlotte over worst team in the league. They aren't even going to sniff the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by _Supreme_ View Post
    The Knicks will be fighting with Charlotte over worst team in the league. They aren't even going to sniff the playoffs.
    I think they will surprise you this season.

I'll do no order too.

West

Clippers
    Lakers
    Warriors
    Jazz
    Nuggets
    Blazers
    Rockets
    Spurs

East

Bucks
    76ers
    Pacers
    Celtics
    Nets
    Raptors
    Heat
    Pistons

Dennis Smith and Julius Randle are the only two NBA-starter worthy players on their roster right now. Barrett should be too but he will have to prove it first. Ellington and Gibson are solid, but they are career backups. The rest of that roster is rubbish.

If they win more than 20 games that would indeed surprise me.
    Last edited by _Supreme_; 07-13-2019 at 01:32 PM.

Dennis Smith and Julius Randle are the only two NBA-starter worthy players on their roster right now. Barrett should be too but he will have to prove it first. Ellington and Gibson are solid, but they are career backups. The rest of that roster is rubbish.

If they win more than 20 games that would indeed surprise me.
    Year 2 Kevin Knox. We will see if RJ Barrett can bring anything. Elfrid Payton and Marcus Morris on the bench is solid. I mean run through the bottom of the East? A team that is 10 games under .500 is going to make the playoffs and they're a decent bet to be it.

Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Year 2 Kevin Knox. We will see if RJ Barrett can bring anything. Elfrid Payton and Marcus Morris on the bench is solid. I mean run through the bottom of the East? A team that is 10 games under .500 is going to make the playoffs and they're a decent bet to be it.
    Donít forget about year 2 Mitch Robinson... he looks to be a good athletic defensive C.

Ten games under .500 is almost double their win total of last year. I don't think so, but we will see.

Also, if Kevin Durant is really out for the whole season Brooklyn could easily fall out of the playoffs. That roster is really thin behind Kyrie and Jordan.

Ten games under .500 is almost double their win total of last year. I don't think so, but we will see.

Also, if Kevin Durant is really out for the whole season Brooklyn could easily fall out of the playoffs. That roster is really thin behind Kyrie and Jordan.
    I do agree with that. I'm not the biggest Kyrie fan but the east sucks at the bottom. The only team I see from the outside looking in are the Heat and Knicks.

Quote Originally Posted by jericho View Post
    So the last few moves we have going on are
    Where does Chris Paul will land?
    Will Miami get Beal and Wall?
    Let's say that everything stays the same for now. What teams you think will be making the playoffs this season?
    For me I'll say it no order.

East

Bucks
    76ers
    Celtics
    Nets
    Pacers
    Pistons
    Raptors
    Knicks

West

Clippers
    Lakers
    Warriors
    Jazz
    Nuggets
    Rockets
    Spurs
    Trailblazers

I do have the pelicans as a dark horse to make it in.
    Knicks????

#17 for #24 & G1

Job's done

Yeah thinking it through they are pretty terrible. It's just tough to find teams in the bottom couple slots that aren't. Maybe the Hawks slide in with 37 wins. Or the Magic again. Who cares honestly.

The same is definitely true for Miami. If the roster stays as it is right now the season will depend on how many games Butler misses and whether or not the potentials deliver + Dragic & Waiters come through.

Looking at last year's roster vs the rosters of Brooklyn/Charlotte/Orlando and even Detroit there should have been no way Miami finished behind them in the standings, but yet they did, Mainly by losing games they should have won earlier in the season. I am not taking anything for granted this upcoming season for sure.

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast