Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 51 of 229 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    If they add two outfielders (which they need) who goes off the roster? You got your main six, then you got:

Almora
    Russell
    Descalso
    Caritini
    Maldonado
    Bote
    Garcia

Descalso obviously, but then who? I don't think they will dump Maldonado already. Bote is staying, and I would imagine so is Almora. Even with that list I posted that is 13, and they usually carry twelve hitters. So even with dumping Descalso and sending Garcia down until Sept, they are one over, or have to cut their bullpen to 7. I'm curious what people would do if they want to add a lefty reliever and two OF which is what they need.
    The probability of them getting two OFers is almost 0.

Heck Id put the probability at us getting a starting OFer at 10%.

Quote Originally Posted by petrey10 View Post
    The probability of them getting two OFers is almost 0.

Heck Id put the probability at us getting a starting OFer at 10%.
    Yeah, I don't think they get two OF either. It is just what everyone is wanting and I was curious how that works with the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    I can't remember what his wOBA was before his start yesterday, but his K/9 numbers were 7 something for RHH and down to 4 for LHH and the walk numbers were way worse, too.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Yeah they were 302 vs RHB and 311 vs LHB with the main difference in the walk rate pushing the OBP up vs LHB. Doesnt matter now. Just overall, that's pretty slight.

If they add two outfielders (which they need) who goes off the roster? You got your main six, then you got:

Almora
    Russell
    Descalso
    Caritini
    Maldonado
    Bote
    Garcia

Descalso obviously, but then who? I don't think they will dump Maldonado already. Bote is staying, and I would imagine so is Almora. Even with that list I posted that is 13, and they usually carry twelve hitters. So even with dumping Descalso and sending Garcia down until Sept, they are one over, or have to cut their bullpen to 7. I'm curious what people would do if they want to add a lefty reliever and two OF which is what they need.
    I still believe they're gonna bring Happ up after the deadline passes or trade(s) are made.
    I do see them trading for another big bat for either OF or 2B, just dont think they got enough to trade for 2 bats, especially if their looking to add a reliever.

As far as who goes, my top 3 in order would be Descalso, Russell, then either Bote or Garcia to go down if need to til September.

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    I still believe they're gonna bring Happ up after the deadline passes or trade(s) are made.
    I do see them trading for another big bat for either OF or 2B, just dont think they got enough to trade for 2 bats, especially if their looking to add a reliever.

As far as who goes, my top 3 in order would be Descalso, Russell, then either Bote or Garcia to go down if need to til September.
    Bote has been decent, so I doubt it's him. Russell probably though. I can see them trading for an OF, brining up Happ and Contreas gets activated within the next 10 days. Descalso gets DFA and Garcia and Russell go down. I don't know why they haven't brought up Happ already.

I know he isn't tearing it up in AAA, but they don't even use Descalso anymore and Almora can't hit anyway. The only reason I can think of is they are planning on trading him and they are afraid of brining him up and doing terrible before then. Or maybe they are hoping they can somehow package Descalso in a deal so they don't have to eat that money even though it's not a lot.

Bote has been decent, so I doubt it's him. Russell probably though. I can see them trading for an OF, brining up Happ and Contreas gets activated within the next 10 days. Descalso gets DFA and Garcia and Russell go down. I don't know why they haven't brought up Happ already.

I know he isn't tearing it up in AAA, but they don't even use Descalso anymore and Almora can't hit anyway. The only reason I can think of is they are planning on trading him and they are afraid of brining him up and doing terrible before then. Or maybe they are hoping they can somehow package Descalso in a deal so they don't have to eat that money even though it's not a lot.
    I think they're just biding their time with Happ and giving him as many consistent ABs as they can in Iowa til they make their moves and open up roster spots for him and whomever they trade for.

Dont wanna get caught shorthanded in case of injuries by releasing players to soon

He made some recent swing changes. Since July 1st .311/.432/.639 17.6BB% 23.0K%. It's only 74PA, but there's a pretty good chance he figured something out.

Quote Originally Posted by Tryptamine View Post
    He made some recent swing changes. Since July 1st .311/.432/.639 17.6BB% 23.0K%. It's only 74PA, but there's a pretty good chance he figured something out.
    Is that K rate accurate?

Quote Originally Posted by Doogolas View Post
    Is that K rate accurate?
    It is

https://www.fangraphs.com/statsd.asp...eason=&type=-2

Quote Originally Posted by Tryptamine View Post
    I thought he was doing better the last couple weeks only because I keep seeing tweets every day on minor league games and his name keeps popping up as having a good game

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    That's legitimately very interesting.

I mentioned it recently but if they DFA Descalso Monday that gives them all the way through the deadline to try to unload his contract. Hes just a small salary dump at this point either way, so Im on board with Happ replacing him once they get to SF.

If happ could upgrade CF thatd be huge

Quote Originally Posted by Doogolas View Post
    That's legitimately very interesting.
    Meh its the same rate he had in AAA when we called him up in 2017. Not trying to rain on anyones parade but Im not optimistic Happ is any different a player as he ever has been. Hes fine and Id welcome him over Descalso but Im reluctant to think hes a changed player.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Meh its the same rate he had in AAA when we called him up in 2017. Not trying to rain on anyones parade but Im not optimistic Happ is any different a player as he ever has been. Hes fine and Id welcome him over Descalso but Im reluctant to think hes a changed player.
    I'm not sure he has to be "changed". The dude he *was* was a useful, if uninspiring, MLB player. The dude he was *this* year was awful. If he just goes back to that, it'll play.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk