Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 228 of 229 FirstFirst ... 128178218226227228229 LastLast
Results 3,406 to 3,420 of 3422
  1. #3406
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    54,582
    Quote Originally Posted by petrey10 View Post
    Idk


    I feel like Russell is being cast aside just because of his off the field issues. While they are serious and heís a complete dbag, I also donít want to cast aside someone who gets back into form and we miss out on some value. The fact is I just want to win.

    Also you point out we got 2 better options and cheaper at 2b. Iím assuming you mean Nico and Bote. But you are forgetting in my scenario I was trading Bryant. I would put Bote at 3b in his absence. The prospect we get back might need 300 PA in the minors till they are ready.
    Russell has been one of the worst hitters on the Cubs all season. He'd be cast aside either way.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

  2. #3407
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    8,299
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Russell has been one of the worst hitters on the Cubs all season. He'd be cast aside either way.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Yes. Hard to pay at guy a few million to be a defensive replacement.

    If they can't trade him, he won't get tendered a contract. At least that's how I see it.

  3. #3408
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    9,860

    2019 MLB Trade Deadline Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by petrey10 View Post
    Idk


    I feel like Russell is being cast aside just because of his off the field issues. While they are serious and heís a complete dbag, I also donít want to cast aside someone who gets back into form and we miss out on some value. The fact is I just want to win.

    Also you point out we got 2 better options and cheaper at 2b. Iím assuming you mean Nico and Bote. But you are forgetting in my scenario I was trading Bryant. I would put Bote at 3b in his absence. The prospect we get back might need 300 PA in the minors till they are ready.
    You are very much underrating how bad Russell has been. Last 3 years he has wRC+ of 85, 80, 78 and his defense rates worse each year. Heís not good. Itís time to move on and have a more reliable option than Russell.

    I like Bote more than most, but I donít think heís an everyday 3b. I think giving Bote 400-500 PAs between 2b and 3b is appropriate for him. If Bryant isnít here they need to add another good infielder.

  4. #3409
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    3,860
    Is Bryant basically saying this core is mentally weak and easily distracted..

    Maddon not doing his job in the clubhouse and creating a more positive atmosphere amongst them

    https://twitter.com/jon_greenberg/st...836865536?s=19


    https://theathletic.com/1211158/2019....co/icAf7QBzE8

  5. #3410
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    9,860

    2019 MLB Trade Deadline Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Is Bryant basically saying this core is mentally weak and easily distracted..

    Maddon not doing his job in the clubhouse and creating a more positive atmosphere amongst them

    https://twitter.com/jon_greenberg/st...836865536?s=19


    https://theathletic.com/1211158/2019....co/icAf7QBzE8
    No. Did you read the quotes or the headline?
    Last edited by CP_414; 09-15-2019 at 11:18 AM.

  6. #3411
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    3,860
    Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    No. Did you read the quotes or the headline?
    I'm not subscribed to athletic so couldn't read the whole article..

    So, just going by what Greenberg wrote and other comments...

    Sounded like he was giving excuses and saying the team easily distracted

  7. #3412
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    9,860
    Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    I'm not subscribed to athletic so couldn't read the whole article..

    So, just going by what Greenberg wrote and other comments...

    Sounded like he was giving excuses and saying the team easily distracted
    Thatís not what he was doing. Bryant, Lester, and Maddon all said the same things in that article. They are all pressing and trying too hard sometimes and that they donít get good results when they press so they are trying to stay aware of that. Itís normal stuff.

  8. #3413
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    3,860
    Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    Thatís not what he was doing. Bryant, Lester, and Maddon all said the same things in that article. They are all pressing and trying too hard sometimes and that they donít get good results when they press so they are trying to stay aware of that. Itís normal stuff.
    Wasn't it the hangover in 2017
    Not enough rest in 2018
    Now they're pressing too hard

  9. #3414
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    9,860

    2019 MLB Trade Deadline Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Wasn't it the hangover in 2017
    Not enough rest in 2018
    Now they're pressing too hard
    They arenít making excuses. They are answering questions they are asked. The idea of pressing too much and getting bad results has been a thing in sports and in non sports forever. Itís not unique to the 2019 Cubs. The WS hangover seems like a real thing if you look at all the other recent WS winners.

    Iím not sure why you are getting upset about an article you didnít even read. Thatís weird. Thereís nothing scandalous here. They all said done version of: ďyeah, weíve been pressing, we are trying to do too much, thatís not what you want to do, we need to stay within ourselves because we are good.Ē Wild.
    Last edited by CP_414; 09-15-2019 at 12:30 PM.

  10. #3415
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    3,860
    Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    They arenít making excuses. They are answering questions they are asked. The idea of pressing too much and getting bad results has been a thing in sports and in non sports forever. Itís not unique to the 2019 Cubs. The WS hangover seems like a real thing if you look at all the other recent WS winners.

    Iím not sure why you are getting upset about an article you didnít even read. Thatís weird. Thereís nothing scandalous here. They all said done version of: ďyeah, weíve been pressing, we are trying to do too much, thatís not what you want to do, we need to stay within ourselves because we are good.Ē Wild.
    Who upset ??

    My OP was somewhat a question as I started it out with IS Bryant

    You asked me how I came about my response and I told you based on others comments who read the article..

    My last post was basically showing what media/players/fans have used to reason for them not playing well..

    Hangover, no days off, and now pressing

    As far as me being upset, not even close
    Just shared an article

  11. #3416
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    9,860
    Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Who upset ??

    My OP was somewhat a question as I started it out with IS Bryant

    You asked me how I came about my response and I told you based on others comments who read the article..

    My last post was basically showing what media/players/fans have used to reason for them not playing well..

    Hangover, no days off, and now pressing

    As far as me being upset, not even close
    Just shared an article
    You asked a question and framed it around a narrative based on a headline of an article you didnít read. I read the article and told you you were wrong. Then you continued with the narrative based on nothing. Thereís no controversy there.

  12. #3417
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    3,860
    Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    You asked a question and framed it around a narrative based on a headline of an article you didnít read. I read the article and told you you were wrong. Then you continued with the narrative based on nothing. Thereís no controversy there.
    Wasnt based around a headline..
    Based around what a writer posted and what others tweeted whom I assumed most did read the article ..

    So, are they all wrong too, because what I asked was based on what they tweeted

    Anyhow, I'm done with this, we can move on

  13. #3418
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    3,860
    ...

  14. #3419
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    9,860
    Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Wasnt based around a headline..
    Based around what a writer posted and what others tweeted whom I assumed most did read the article ..

    So, are they all wrong too, because what I asked was based on what they tweeted

    Anyhow, I'm done with this, we can move on
    You asked. I answered. One of us read it.

  15. #3420
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Bloomington, IL
    Posts
    4,458
    Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Wasnt based around a headline..
    Based around what a writer posted and what others tweeted whom I assumed most did read the article ..

    So, are they all wrong too, because what I asked was based on what they tweeted

    Anyhow, I'm done with this, we can move on
    I mean that's kinda how hot takes work and get started, and how tons of casual fans get their opinions. See a headline. Don't bother to read it. See other similar people doing the same thing and commenting nonsense. Form a complete nonsense opinion. It's kinda Sports 101 in 2019. Lots of casual fans aren't going to bother to spend the time to actually read Never form an opinion based on click bait headlines or twitter comments.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •