Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 219 of 229 FirstFirst ... 119169209217218219220221 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,285 of 3422
    Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    Lots of starting pitching options beyond next year. They might even have a couple good internal ones by then. Iím not signing Cole/Stras because Iím worried about pitching beyond next year. You sign him if heís the best use of their resources, but not out of a need that might not even be a need.
    Just curious, unless someone wasn't listed on this list I saw for FAs after next season, there not a whole lot available, and the way things are going now, teams have been tying up their young top starters into their 30s lately.
    right now this is what available, I'm sure there will be others after options are declined.

Trevor Bauer, Robbie Ray, James Paxton, Masahiro Tanaka, Jake Arrieta, Marcus Stroman, Jose Quintana

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Just curious, unless someone wasn't listed on this list I saw for FAs after next season, there not a whole lot available, and the way things are going now, teams have been tying up their young top starters into their 30s lately.
    right now this is what available, I'm sure there will be others after options are declined.

Trevor Bauer, Robbie Ray, James Paxton, Masahiro Tanaka, Jake Arrieta, Marcus Stroman, Jose Quintana
    I donít mean just free agents in that specific offseason. I mean the Cubs have countless options for the 2021 rotation. Itís not something that needs to be addressed immediately. It could be free agents this year. It could be free agents next year. It could be traded over the next 18 months. It could be guys like Marquez, Alzolay, Abbott, Jensen, Thompson, Sanders, Miller earning a spot. Maybe signing Cole makes sense, but itís hardly the only option.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    I donít mean just free agents in that specific offseason. I mean the Cubs have countless options for the 2021 rotation. Itís not something that needs to be addressed immediately. It could be free agents this year. It could be free agents next year. It could be traded over the next 18 months. It could be guys like Marquez, Alzolay, Abbott, Jensen, Thompson, Sanders, Miller earning a spot. Maybe signing Cole makes sense, but itís hardly the only option.
    Just throwing a TN like prediction out there and this is really directed for chibears since heís the one advocating for Cole, but I just feel like heís gonna sign with the Angels. Heís from LA, he went to college there, he lives there in the offseason I believe, & the Angels desperately need SP and to build a team around Trout and Ohtani. It makes too much sense.

Even if not the Angels, the Yankees (who originally drafted him) will most definitely be a player as they need SP, or maybe heís enjoyed his time in Houston enough that heís content in taking equal money to stay there if they decide to match the other offers. I think we would have to over pay to get him to come back to the NL central considering his other possible options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ivyboys View Post
    Just throwing a TN like prediction out there and this is really directed for chibears since heís the one advocating for Cole, but I just feel like heís gonna sign with the Angels. Heís from LA, he went to college there, he lives there in the offseason I believe, & the Angels desperately need SP and to build a team around Trout and Ohtani. It makes too much sense.

Even if not the Angels, the Yankees (who originally drafted him) will most definitely be a player as they need SP, or maybe heís enjoyed his time in Houston enough that heís content in taking equal money to stay there if they decide to match the other offers. I think we would have to over pay to get him to come back to the NL central considering his other possible options.
    Iím so gonna call you out when youíre wrong

2016 World Series Champions!!!

I'm not advocating for Cole per se..

I just feel if they're planning on winning next year or continue to stay in this window over the next couple years, then a guy like Cole is what they need to do so, even at the cost.
    He a no.1 guy and he just what 28..
    Maybe I'm in minority here, but for me, Lester just not that TOR guy anymore, Darvish getting older and will probably have health issues clouding him, and Hendricks is Hendricks...

I personally think he stays in Houston as they will probably make him a significant offer since they will be losing both Verlander and Greinke after 2020.

I'm also leaning towards the cubs not spending big money on anyone and doing a semi rebuild to try and open up another window after next season

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Iím so gonna call you out when youíre wrong
    I would expect nothing less! Itís just a hunch. The Angels should go all out to win while they have the best player in the game. Cole and Ohtani would be a pretty good 1-2 punch next year. Cole is a Cali dude. Maybe itís too good to be true lol.

I'm not advocating for Cole per se..

I just feel if they're planning on winning next year or continue to stay in this window over the next couple years, then a guy like Cole is what they need to do so, even at the cost.
    He a no.1 guy and he just what 28..
    Maybe I'm in minority here, but for me, Lester just not that TOR guy anymore, Darvish getting older and will probably have health issues clouding him, and Hendricks is Hendricks...

I personally think he stays in Houston as they will probably make him a significant offer since they will be losing both Verlander and Greinke after 2020.

I'm also leaning towards the cubs not spending big money on anyone and doing a semi rebuild to try and open up another window after next season
    I mean donít get me wrong, Iíd love to have Cole. I just donít think heís the biggest need. I hate even trying to guess what we should do right now. I really want to see how this season ends first. If we are had the luxury of choosing between Cole and Rendon, give me Rendon. We wonít have that opportunity without moving significant money however.

I would expect nothing less! Itís just a hunch. The Angels should go all out to win while they have the best player in the game. Cole and Ohtani would be a pretty good 1-2 punch next year. Cole is a Cali dude. Maybe itís too good to be true lol.

Gonna be really hard for the Angels to do now, Trout's salary jumps 20 mil to 37.6 per over the next few years, Pujols salary jumps a mil to 29 next year, then 30 in 2021.
    Even Simmons salary jumps 2 more mil next year, then they have a ton of ARBs to deal with..

So, not sure if they're willing too or able to add another 25-30 per to that payroll

I mean donít get me wrong, Iíd love to have Cole. I just donít think heís the biggest need. I hate even trying to guess what we should do right now. I really want to see how this season ends first. If we are had the luxury of choosing between Cole and Rendon, give me Rendon. We wonít have that opportunity without moving significant money however.

I'll take Rendon too but the only way they even think about trying to sign him is by moving Bryant...

I just look at it like this with Cole, IF
    the plan is to just patch up the offense by adding a couple hitters and stay with the main core, then they definitely need to fix the rotation because Lester Darvish Hendricks Quintana and a typical 5, just isn't going to cut it again...
    Theyll need a guy they can count on to he that stopper every 5 games, none of the above been that consistently lately...

As we watched today, Lester definitely not that guy anymore

Gonna be really hard for the Angels to do now, Trout's salary jumps 20 mil to 37.6 per over the next few years, Pujols salary jumps a mil to 29 next year, then 30 in 2021.
    Even Simmons salary jumps 2 more mil next year, then they have a ton of ARBs to deal with..

So, not sure if they're willing too or able to add another 25-30 per to that payroll
    Just from quick research, it looks like their salary is projected to be at 186 mil after an expected 65 mil in arb raises. They are a big market team. They have the money for Cole and could go with a cheap option to add another starter as well.

I'll take Rendon too but the only way they even think about trying to sign him is by moving Bryant...

I just look at it like this with Cole, IF
    the plan is to just patch up the offense by adding a couple hitters and stay with the main core, then they definitely need to fix the rotation because Lester Darvish Hendricks Quintana and a typical 5, just isn't going to cut it again...
    Theyll need a guy they can count on to he that stopper every 5 games, none of the above been that consistently lately...

As we watched today, Lester definitely not that guy anymore
    But we canít add Cole and a couple of hitters, even if we did move Bryantís contract. By moving Bryant you could probably afford Cole and NC but thatís it. Maybe you could add a decent reliever too, but how much better does that make us? I mean we have NC now and still canít get on a run.

But we canít add Cole and a couple of hitters, even if we did move Bryantís contract. By moving Bryant you could probably afford Cole and NC but thatís it. Maybe you could add a decent reliever too, but how much better does that make us? I mean we have NC now and still canít get on a run.

That why I had said I was leaning towards them not spending money and doing a semi rebuild because theyll be in the same situation even if it were Rendon..

My suggestion of moving Bryant was if they were thinking of adding Rendon, not so much for saving money to add Rendon but as far as going forward with Rendon at 3B and trading Bryant to get pieces....

Be nice to have both, but then that means Bryant in LF everyday and no Schwarber or Castellanos..

We can go round and round with our thoughts on this cause there so many directions they can go , it should be a very interesting and active offseason for this team

That why I had said I was leaning towards them not spending money and doing a semi rebuild because theyll be in the same situation even if it were Rendon..

My suggestion of moving Bryant was if they were thinking of adding Rendon, not so much for saving money to add Rendon but as far as going forward with Rendon at 3B and trading Bryant to get pieces....

Be nice to have both, but then that means Bryant in LF everyday and no Schwarber or Castellanos..

We can go round and round with our thoughts on this cause there so many directions they can go , it should be a very interesting and active offseason for this team
    I just donít know how much better that makes us. It depends on what Bryant brings back. You might as well say KB has 2 years for 45 mil left. If a team wanted to spend that money on an elite third baseman they could just sign Rendon and keep their prospects. I would imagine most teams that are contenders are probably set at 3rd or arenít in the position to give the prospects it would take for 2 years of KB. Iím not at home to research other possible teams and honestly I havenít looked into it really to this point other than reading a few scenarios on here.

I just donít know how much better that makes us. It depends on what Bryant brings back. You might as well say KB has 2 years for 45 mil left. If a team wanted to spend that money on an elite third baseman they could just sign Rendon and keep their prospects. I would imagine most teams that are contenders are probably set at 3rd or arenít in the position to give the prospects it would take for 2 years of KB. Iím not at home to research other possible teams and honestly I havenít looked into it really to this point other than reading a few scenarios on here.

Lol.. I think we're all twisted here

Im saying IF the Cubs were to have an interest in signing Rendon, then IMO I think they would have to trade Bryant unless they plan on then moving Bryant full time to LF..

Yea a team(s) looking for a 3Bmen could just sign Rendon but if Rendon choose to sign with the cubs, then that team(s) could be interested in trading for Bryant

2019 MLB Trade Deadline Thread

Gotta say that I am quickly losing interest in a Bryant extension. Becoming too injury prone for me. I donít want to give a big extension to someone who is going to play a good part of the season hurt. Honestly i am leaning towards them doing nothing this offseason in terms of spending significant money. Put Chatwood in the 5th spot in the rotation .

Go young with the pen. Sign just 1 veteran to a 4-5 mil deal to pair with Phelps and Kimbrel as the veterans .

I realize that if they go that route it most likely means taking a step back but i am ready for it. Let some of this deals expire and then try to do get aggressive again in FA the year after 2020.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk