Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 229 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    Some stats to consider.

Hitting 1st on average gives you about 11 more PAs per month than a 6 hitter.

In 2017 (last year I can see), a leadoff hitter had runners on base 47.7% of the time and a 6 hitter had runners on base 62.9% of the time.

KB going from #3 to #1 would only add a few at bats per month and heíd go from baserunners on 64% of the time to 47.7%. Rizzo from 4 to 2 would go from runners on 69.2% of the time to 56.9%.

These are all averages, and might look a little different for the Cubs, but it shows the trade off. Yes, itís annoying Schwarber is not getting on base and leading off, but any of these other ideas only give him slightly fewer PAs and a pretty significant decrease in runners on base for some of the better performing hitters.
    Hahaha.......maybe we just need a couple of better ****ing hitters then!

Stats or no stats like that, I still don't think that Kyle should be the guy that gets the most plate appearances. The leadoff hitter is the guy that gets the most PA's.

By the way.......nice work on your research.

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    Hahaha.......maybe we just need a couple of better ****ing hitters then!

Stats or no stats like that, I still don't think that Kyle should be the guy that gets the most plate appearances. The leadoff hitter is the guy that gets the most PA's.

By the way.......nice work on your research.
    Thatís what Iím saying. Honestly, one better hitter in CF would go a long way. I know thatís easier said than done.

Thatís what Iím saying. Honestly, one better hitter in CF would go a long way. I know thatís easier said than done.
    Too bad Puig is such a cancer to a team. He wouldn't be a bad cheap get. FA at the end of the year, hits pretty well and isn't a hack in the field. And, IMO, by the end of the month the Reds will be selling. At least, I hope so.

Yep, that is why it sucks that Happ took a step back this year. If he took a small step forward he would have been a fine offensive player in center. Not a great fielder, but someone who can at least stay in center and leave Heyward in right.

If they are focusing on the leadoff spot then all roads point to Eric Sogard. .

Also Milwaukee and SF are scouting each other . Milwaukee wants Will Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by Dfan25 View Post
    If they are focusing on the leadoff spot then all roads point to Eric Sogard. .

Also Milwaukee and SF are scouting each other . Milwaukee wants Will Smith.
    I think thatís just Bruce Levine being Bruce Levine. Heís also talking about guys like Dee Gordon and Freddy Galvis as leadoff options. Heís speculating, poorly.

The FO has talked about their opinion on ďleadoffĒ for the last 3 years. I really doubt itís something they are focused on. I think they are looking for another good hitter who plays a position of need. If itís a leadoff hitter, fine. If itís a middle of the order hitter, thatís great too.

I think thatís just Bruce Levine being Bruce Levine. Heís also talking about guys like Dee Gordon and Freddy Galvis as leadoff options. Heís speculating, poorly.

The FO has talked about their opinion on ďleadoffĒ for the last 3 years. I really doubt itís something they are focused on. I think they are looking for another good hitter who plays a position of need. If itís a leadoff hitter, fine. If itís a middle of the order hitter, thatís great too.
    I hope you are right. Not interested in any of the names Bruce tossed out.

Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    I hope you are right. Not interested in any of the names Bruce tossed out.
    I could see Sogard as a possibility as a part time player. Donít like it, but I could see it. There is zero chance the Cubs FO looks at Dee Gordon or Freddy Galvis and says ďletís get that guy and have him hit leadoff.Ē

Quote Originally Posted by CubsInBuffalo View Post
    We are keeping tabs on Stroman and the Jays per the NYPost

ďScouts from the Phillies, Cubs, Braves, Padres and Red Sox witnessed Stromanís effort.Ē
    Possibly in case Hamels recovery is gonna take longer

Not surprised, but Billy Hamilton officially on the market.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Heís the kind of guy who would have been gotten for absolutely nothing at the waiver deadline. Wonder how his market develops if it does at all.

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Because he is bad, injured, or traded? I cannot imagine any scenario where KC actually wants to keep him (or any team wants to acquire him), but I have been wrong before.
    Romans 12:21

ESPN posted an article on the deadline and Rodgers did a write up on the Cubs. Suggested they are looking for a LHP in the pen or a "top of the order" bat. Suggested they're dangling Montgomery in talks and possibly their catching prospects.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Red Sox just DFAíd Eduardo Nunez

2016 World Series Champions!!!

I saw something on the mlb thread suggesting a Schwarber/Edwards trade to TB for Pham and De Leon. If they did something like that in conjunction with trading lower prospects for Castellanos, the outfield looks pretty good offensively. But I am not sure about Pham in center. Or would Heyward play there with Pham in right? The outfield would be seriously upgraded offensively. If Pham is decent in center, it wouldn't even be hurt much defensively. Thoughts?

Page 11 of 229 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast