Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 223 of 229 FirstFirst ... 123173213221222223224225 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,345 of 3422
    Quote Originally Posted by petrey10 View Post
    Iím for it but Iíll bet the under on whatever you set the line at. I donít see this front office doing it.
    I think if they do not expect him to sign an extension they will trade Bryant.

After the knee injury (and hes now had a cortisone shot) and the subsequent drop off in production, combined with the exorbitant salary, I think teams will be extremely cheap in their offers. I dont think we will want to stoop to their level to make a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    After the knee injury (and hes now had a cortisone shot) and the subsequent drop off in production, combined with the exorbitant salary, I think teams will be extremely cheap in their offers. I dont think we will want to stoop to their level to make a deal.
    Maybe, that might save him as a Cub. But if they can get a Reamuto sort of deal, IMO, the Cubs will trade him. If they get lowballed, they won't.

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    It's not really an exorbitant salary. High for an arb guy, yeah, so maybe you won't get small market teams being as aggressive as you'd hope, but he's still being paid below market value, and he's off the books by the time he hits his 30s. And Bryant's been dinged up the past couple of years, but there aren't any chronic injuries here. Teams may low-ball a bit based off that, sure, but it still wouldn't surprise me if the offer was substantial enough to get Theo and Jed's attention. I can even see a team like Tampa Bay getting involved given that they were willing to spend short-term money on Charlie Morton and Kimbrel.

What about the White Sox? They're looking to add a big name but have trouble attracting free agents. Maybe you can try to get Luis Robert and a lotto ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by ILMindState View Post
    What about the White Sox? They're looking to add a big name but have trouble attracting free agents. Maybe you can try to get Luis Robert and a lotto ticket.
    I donít think theyíd trade Robert.

Whatís the recovery time on a broken kneecap? Iíd guess thatís something that will limit his season next year. I wonder if Milwaukee takes a step back this offseason with Grandal and Moustakas hitting free agency and Yelich hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    Whatís the recovery time on a broken kneecap? Iíd guess thatís something that will limit his season next year. I wonder if Milwaukee takes a step back this offseason with Grandal and Moustakas hitting free agency and Yelich hurt.
    Not that long. Quick Google search says 6-8 weeks.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

2019 MLB Trade Deadline Thread

I think he will be fine for next season.

Most sites Iíve seen says itís about a 6-8 week recovery from a fractured kneecap. Could be a few weeks more depending on if he needs surgery

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Not that long. Quick Google search says 6-8 weeks.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Iíd have guessed longer than that. Interesting. Brewers say theyíll learn if he needs surgery in a few days and then will have a timeline.

Iíd have guessed longer than that. Interesting. Brewers say theyíll learn if he needs surgery in a few days and then will have a timeline.
    Yeah. Surgery will push it back a few more weeks of recovery, but Iím sure he will be back by ST

2016 World Series Champions!!!

I donít think theyíd trade Robert.
    For a team that is supposed to have a lot of great prospects, they do not seem to be a good match for the Cubs. Trying to mirror the Reamuto deal, would something like Madigal, Lopez and Bummer be close? Seems pretty YUCK to me. Madigal is their Hoerner. Of course if we did trade Bryant we can move Javi to 3rd and play both kids in the infield. Maybe not in 20', but surely in 21'. Lopez makes it kind of YUCK, however. Not sure what type of pitcher he will be. That is why I added Bummer. I agree with you that they are not trading Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    For a team that is supposed to have a lot of great prospects, they do not seem to be a good match for the Cubs. Trying to mirror the Reamuto deal, would something like Madigal, Lopez and Bummer be close? Seems pretty YUCK to me. Madigal is their Hoerner. Of course if we did trade Bryant we can move Javi to 3rd and play both kids in the infield. Maybe not in 20', but surely in 21'. Lopez makes it kind of YUCK, however. Not sure what type of pitcher he will be. That is why I added Bummer. I agree with you that they are not trading Robert.
    I think Sixto had more upside than Madrigal. Madrigalís contact skills make Nico look like a swing and miss guy, but Madrigal has no chance at developing pop and is 2b only. He might be good, but thereís not a lot of star potential there. Heíll be a high batting average, no power 2b.

From the Sox, Iím thinking the equivalent of the Realmuto trade + a little is something like Vaughn, Walker, Something less than Bummer. Vaughn is just 1b only though, so youíd have to be committed to blowing it up and moving Rizzo, too.

Sox have others who could be a match like Robert, Moncada, Eloy, Kopech, Giolito but Iím not sure what theyíd be willing to do. Iím sure from a baseball and marketing perspective theyíd love to have KB, but they should probably just look to add in free agency now. Eloy, Robert, Moncada, Anderson, Vaughn, Madrigal, Abreu is the start of an excellent offense. They should try to sign Cole to go with Giolito, Kopech, Cease, etc.
    Last edited by CP_414; 09-11-2019 at 11:10 AM.

So the consensus seems to be that Maddon is gone. Anyone have favorites for the next manager?

Hereís some names I think theyíll consider:
    Loretta
    Carlos Beltran
    Raul Ibanez
    Sam Fuld
    Joe Espada
    Josh Bard
    David Ross
    Derek Johnson
    Derek Shelton
    Manny Acta

Other names we might hear include DeRosa, Mike Lowell, Michael Young, Eric Chavez, Girardi (I donít think thereís a chance, but weíll hear his name), Bob Geren, Sandy Alomar Jr., John Ferrell; but I think the first list has a better chance of having the next manager.
    Last edited by CP_414; 09-11-2019 at 11:38 AM.

So the consensus seems to be that Maddon is gone. Anyone have favorites for the next manager?

Hereís some names I think theyíll consider:
    Loretta
    Carlos Beltran
    Raul Ibanez
    Sam Fuld
    Joe Espada
    Josh Bard
    David Ross
    Derek Johnson
    Derek Shelton
    Manny Acta
    I want to see Loretta. I also think it's going to be Loretta.

He played for Theo and Hoyer in Boston. Hoyer hired him as a front office guy for SD 10 years ago, before hiring him again in a dugout capacity, 10 years later.

I think they hired him as the bench coach to get his feet wet in the dugout. Pay attention to what's going on with Joe, the players, and on the field.

I think by taking him out of the office in SD, and putting him the dugout in Chicago, pretty much says that he is the next guy up.