Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 108 of 229 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158208 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 3422

Obviously the cubs front office is smarter than everyone on this forum combined, but what the hell are they seeing in Sogard that we canít see?

Quote Originally Posted by TooL D/R/T View Post
    Obviously the cubs front office is smarter than everyone on this forum combined, but what the hell are they seeing in Sogard that we canít see?
    Maybe they aren't seeing anything and it's just rumors.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Oh, I dont want to make it seem like this is a move I like, or support. I think Eric Sogard sucks. But if the team isn't going to aim higher, I'll be upset at that lack of ambition, not necessarily the trade for Sogard, if that makes sense.

At the point, adding Sogard is an "indifferent" move. Much like Holland. I'll not be cool with the ambition of the team if we end with Maldonado, Holland and Sogard. But each move on their own is nothing to be upset at in what were giving up.

(Hopefully that's understandable)

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Holland looks like he can excel at a certain, narrow role (LOOGY).

Sogard has no such niche (narrow or otherwise) where we should expect him to even be average, let alone excel.

So I don't see the similarities, outside of a low acquisition cost.

You had it right when you said Sogard sucks. We shouldn't be indifferent toward acquiring a guy we think sucks. We should be pissed if they acquire a guy that sucks, and doubly pissed if it's on some misguided notion that, yeah, he sucks, but it's OK because he doesn't suck quite as much as this other dude we got a few months ago that REALLY super-sucks.

Get someone good or just stick with the suck you've already got. Don't sell me some different flavor of suck.

Quote Originally Posted by TooL D/R/T View Post
    He's had a strong season. 2.2 fWAR thus far. I know the statcast metrics aren't very good, but I believe DRC+ likes him a good amount, and that's supposed to be an even more reliable, more predictive stat than xwOBA. Even so, he's projected for about a league-average wRC+ for a second baseman and has some versatility. Also supposed to be a good clubhouse guy. Basically, what Descalso was supposed to be. I doubt he's very expensive in trade too. Idk. Seems like a reasonable move to improve their depth to me.

Tiger fan. Wondering what you guys would consider as a pain point of getting Castellanos. Would Brennen Davis and Kohl Franklin with the Tigers eating all the $$ be too steep? Seems similar to what they got for JD Martinez. Would an extra utility piece be a need for the Cubs? Does a Nikko Goodrum improve the return? Just curious what a reasonable haul is since I donít know the Cubs farm as well as you guys do.

Quote Originally Posted by GasMan View Post
    Tiger fan. Wondering what you guys would consider as a pain point of getting Castellanos. Would Brennen Davis and Kohl Franklin with the Tigers eating all the $$ be too steep? Seems similar to what they got for JD Martinez. Would an extra utility piece be a need for the Cubs? Does a Nikko Goodrum improve the return? Just curious what a reasonable haul is since I donít know the Cubs farm as well as you guys do.
    Yeah. Way too steep. You arent getting either of those guys for a rental bat. Davis and Franklin have too much upside.

Think Zack Short.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

That seems like significantly less than they could get by just giving NC a QO and taking the extra draft pick if he declines. If thatís the market I guess I hope they keep him.

2019 MLB Trade Deadline Thread

That seems like significantly less than they could get by just giving NC a QO and taking the extra draft pick if he declines. If thatís the market I guess I hope they keep him.
    No way heíd decline a QO.

Brennan Davis probably has the most upside in the system and Kohl Franklin was a big overslot off to a great start.

I think guys like Alex Lange, Cam Sanders, Short, maybe Cory Abbott are the types of players you talk about for Castellanos. Or you think about potential mlb non tenders next offseason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by CP_414; 07-27-2019 at 09:56 AM.

Iíd take another year of NC but Iíd move him to 1st base where he belongs. Let him play another year and hope the return is better next year.

Iíd hope there would be 2 or 3 prospects if there isnít a top 5 in your system coming back.

JD Martinez had 4 seasons in a row better than Castellanos' 2018 which was his career year. Castellanos has the advantage in that he can play the field but hes not particularly good anywhere.

And apparently the market for him has been very thin, on top of the fact that hes largely a platoon player.

They're really not that comparable to me.

Gotta love how the Dodgers added a potential lefty masher who hasnt even hit arb yet for a decent pitcher who's rule 5 eligible this year and had probably no spot on their loaded 40 man

Those are probably the moves we should be looking at making if we are so damn broke.

JD was a bit of a question mark at the deadline because he had come off an injury that had cost him some significant time but I agree that his bat value was higher than NCís is. I do think the market is more favorable this year than it was when JD was traded because there are more teams in the hunt and the contenders werenít looking for bats. I think the the slowness of the market has more to do with teams waiting to pull the trigger to see If they are buyer or sellers. Then again, I could be way off. No offense but Iíll be rooting against your Cubs the next couple days hoping to increase the Tigers leverage.😁

What should Cubs do with Strop, guy just dont have it anymore...

Should they just hold onto him and use him in the 5th/6th , mop up games or DFA him and go get a couple arms or bring up an arm or two.

Kimbrel
    Kintzler
    Cishek
    Ryan
    Holland
    Chatwood
    Wick

Not sure if theyll stay with 9 or go to 8 in pen but upgrading from Strop and Brach would go along way to improving the pen

CJ should stay down til September call ups

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    What should Cubs do with Strop, guy just dont have it anymore...

Should they just hold onto him and use him in the 5th/6th , mop up games or DFA him and go get a couple arms or bring up an arm or two.

Kimbrel
    Kintzler
    Cishek
    Ryan
    Holland
    Chatwood
    Wick

Not sure if theyll stay with 9 or go to 8 in pen but upgrading from Strop and Brach would go along way to improving the pen

CJ should stay down til September call ups
    Nothing is going to happen to Strop unless he takes a trip to the IL to get Hultzen, Meekes, or Maples up here. Rosters expand in September so it wonít matter then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk