Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast

Cubs (76-66) at Padres (66-76): The Nico Hoerner IGT

Monday @ 9:10 pm: Hendricks vs Quantrill
    Tuesday @ 9:10 pm: Quintana vs Bolanős
    Wednesday @ 9:10 pm: Hamels vs Paddack
    Thursday @ 2:40 pm: Darvish vs Lamet

Time to put up or shut up. #AllHailNico

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Kinda hard to believe the Cubs are still 10 over .500.

I just can't seem to muster up the energy to be optimistic about this season anymore. Just feels like the perfect storm of underachieving, injury, and bad luck. Make me change my mind.

#DingerSZN
    #AllenWatch
    End of Season Stats
    .542AVG/.562OBP/.889SLG/1.451OPS/21RBIs/3Dingers(1 grand slam)
    Selected to All-Conference Team
    Selected First Team All-District Team
    Selected First Team All-Region Team

Quote Originally Posted by davearm View Post
    Kinda hard to believe the Cubs are still 10 over .500.
    That their wall mark, they basically been there since beginning of May..

They go a couple games under, they get hot and win a few in a row, they go a couple games over, they lose a few in a row

Nico magic starts tonight, SWEEP or go home..lol

Well if they are going to make that run they need 3 of 4, followed by a 7-3 homestand, and then win 2 of 3 in Pitt. That would put them at 88 wins with 3 to go in St.L. Might not be able to catch the Cardinals, but I think at 88, they would have a solid WC spot. And if not, that might mean they can catch the Cardinals. With Arizona, Washington and Milwaukee all having the Cardinals, if they stay with a Cubs team that goes 12-5, they have to have beaten the Cardinals. Keep in mind, they have not shown all year that they are capable of this sort of run. I doubt very much this happens. I am strictly saying that is what is needed, NOT what I expect.

Outside the 7 head to head with SL.

Cubs have @SD 4 H Cin 3 H/@ Pitt 6
    SL have @ Col 3 @Az 3 H Mil 3 H Was 3

Cubs can pick up at least 3 1/2 games in standings here, theyll have a good chance to pass the Cardinals

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Outside the 7 head to head with SL.

Cubs have @SD 4 H Cin 3 H/@ Pitt 6
    SL have @ Col 3 @Az 3 H Mil 3 H Was 3

Cubs can pick up at least 3 1/2 games in standings here, theyll have a good chance to pass the Cardinals
    I think the hope should be picking up 2 1/2 half and winning 5 of 7 against the Cardinals. Pretty hard to pick up 3 1/2 in 13 games. Like I said, doesn't look good for the division. WC is still a very real possibility. But it sucks to have to go to Washington and beat one of their aces.
    Also Cubs are not at Pitt for 6. That is 3 in Chicago and 3 in Pitt.

I felt pretty good about their chances for the WC before the Javy injury. Considering the Dbacks and Brewers schedule the rest of the way and all the problems this Cubs team has I think they are done. With them having 7 left againts ST Louis it most likely means the Cardinals will clinch againts them which is going to suck even more. At the least I think the offseason is going to be very interesting as a result of all this.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dfan25 View Post
    I felt pretty good about their chances for the WC before the Javy injury. Considering the Dbacks and Brewers schedule the rest of the way and all the problems this Cubs team has I think they are done. With them having 7 left againts ST Louis it most likely means the Cardinals will clinch againts them which is going to suck even more. At the least I think the offseason is going to be very interesting as a result of all this.

Eh, I think the Cubs still have a decent change. Arizona still has 4 against the Mets and 3 against the Cardinals. As for the Brewers, it seams other teams do not have the same problems with them as the Cubs do. They will lose their share.

So best case scenario tonight:

Rockies beat the Cardinals
    Mets beat the D’Backs
    Cubs beat the Padres.

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    So best case scenario tonight:

Rockies beat the Cardinals
    Mets beat the D’Backs
    Cubs beat the Padres.
    Cards are off tonight

Cubs (76-66) at Padres (66-76): The Nico Hoerner IGT

Quote Originally Posted by Dfan25 View Post
    Cards are off tonight
    Yeah. Just realized that. Oops lol

Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    I think the hope should be picking up 2 1/2 half and winning 5 of 7 against the Cardinals. Pretty hard to pick up 3 1/2 in 13 games. Like I said, doesn't look good for the division. WC is still a very real possibility. But it sucks to have to go to Washington and beat one of their aces.
    Also Cubs are not at Pitt for 6. That is 3 in Chicago and 3 in Pitt.
    That my hope to pass them, the 31/2 games, yea 2 1/2 likely gives them a chance to tie..

I put @/H for the Pirates

I think the key will be Colorado, if Colorado could win their series against the Cardinals, that could be the difference in the end..

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    That my hope to pass them, the 31/2 games, yea 2 1/2 likely gives them a chance to tie..

I put @/H for the Pirates

I think the key will be Colorado, if Colorado could win their series against the Cardinals, that could be the difference in the end..
    No, I am saying gain 2 1/2 in the non Cardinal games. Then beat the Cardinals 5 of 7. To me, if the Cubs are going to beat out the Cardinals (which I do not think they will) they will need to beat then 5 of 7. Unless I am figuring work, if the Cubs gain 2 1/2 in the non Cardinal games and also beat them 5 of 7, they will beat out the Cardinals. I just do not see them catching them just winning 4 of 7.

My mistake on the H/@

Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast