Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 194 1231151101 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

2019 MLB Trade Deadline Thread

TDL is less than 3 weeks away! One of the most fun times of the year, and it should be even more entertaining this year with the elimination of the second, end of August deadline for waiver-clearers.

Yes, please:
    Nick Castellanos
    Ken Giles
    Will Smith
    Starling Marte

Probably can't afford:
    Whit Merrifield
    Matthew Boyd
    Felipe Vasquez
    Brad Hand

Meh:
    Jake Diekman
    Jake Wheeler

No, thanks:
    David Peralta
    Marcus Stroman
    Shane Green
    Andrew Cashner
    Terrance Gore
    Billy Hamilton

Hell no:
    Eric Sogard

Quote Originally Posted by davearm View Post
    TDL is less than 3 weeks away! One of the most fun times of the year, and it should be even more entertaining this year with the elimination of the second, end of August deadline for waiver-clearers.

Yes, please:
    Nick Castellanos
    Ken Giles
    Will Smith
    Starling Marte

Probably can't afford:
    Whit Merrifield
    Matthew Boyd
    Felipe Vasquez
    Brad Hand

Meh:
    Jake Diekman
    Jake Wheeler

No, thanks:
    David Peralta
    Marcus Stroman
    Shane Green
    Andrew Cashner
    Terrance Gore
    Billy Hamilton

Hell no:
    Eric Sogard
    Is there a ďHell YesĒ category we could put Marte and Giles in? Donít see the Pirates trading Marte but heís definitely at the top of the list. I think David Peralta should atleast make the ďMehĒ category. His only concern is the shoulder issue.

Yes, please:
    Nick Castellanos
    Ken Giles
    Will Smith
    Starling Marte

Probably can't afford:
    Whit Merrifield
    Matthew Boyd
    Felipe Vasquez
    Brad Hand

Meh:
    Jake Diekman
    Jake Wheeler

No, thanks:
    David Peralta
    Marcus Stroman
    Shane Green
    Andrew Cashner
    Terrance Gore
    Billy Hamilton

Hell no:
    Eric Sogard
    I agree with most of that. Iíd bump Peralta up a tier and Wheelerís first name is Zach.

Iíd add Seth Lugo and a few others to the ďyes, pleaseĒ tier.

What's wrong with Wheeler? 3.64FIP 3.83xFIP 9.83K/9 2.57BB/9 on pace for more than a 4fWAR season. I'd love to have him in the rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Tryptamine View Post
    What's wrong with Wheeler? 3.64FIP 3.83xFIP 9.83K/9 2.57BB/9 on pace for more than a 4fWAR season. I'd love to have him in the rotation.
    Wheeler is fine, I just don't like him better than any of the starters already in the rotation.

If Hamels was out for an extended period, maybe my opinion would change.

As it stands, both Quintana and Wheeler would be watching in October (Hendricks Lester Hamels Darvish).

Wheeler is fine, I just don't like him better than any of the starters already in the rotation.

If Hamels was out for an extended period, maybe my opinion would change.

As it stands, both Quintana and Wheeler would be watching in October (Hendricks Lester Hamels Darvish).
    I know yíall are talking about Wheeler here, but I mentioned Lugo as a guy Iíd be interested in yesterday since the Mets are atleast open to listening on their guys. Let him do Chatwoods job. He is a great option for long extra inning games or games if your starter is struggling and you need a guy to come in early. He would be a definite upgrade of Chatwood when we need a spot start and he can be trusted in close games. He would bring a lot of value to us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ivyboys View Post
    I know yíall are talking about Wheeler here, but I mentioned Lugo as a guy Iíd be interested in yesterday since the Mets are atleast open to listening on their guys. Let him do Chatwoods job. He is a great option for long extra inning games or games if your starter is struggling and you need a guy to come in early. He would be a definite upgrade of Chatwood when we need a spot start and he can be trusted in close games. He would bring a lot of value to us.

Heíd be great in late inning short relief, too. 30.8% K rate, 7.1% walk rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Tryptamine View Post
    Heís good. I just wouldnít use their trade resources on a rotation rental.

Morosi wrote yesterday that the Tigers are looking for MLB outfielders and could be looking at Renfroe or Reyes as part of a Matt Boyd deal with SD. I wonder if they would have interest in Schwarber if the Cubs end up trading for Peralta. Not talking for Boyd as obviously the Cubs would need to add significant pieces to Schwarber to get Boyd.

Donít know what the Cubs would look from Detroit as I wouldnít deal Schwarber for Castellanos or Greene.
    Last edited by Dfan25; 07-13-2019 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dfan25 View Post
    Morosi wrote yesterday that the Tigers are looking for MLB outfielders and could be looking at Renfroe or Reyes as part of a Matt Boyd deal with SD. I wonder if they would have interest in Schwarber if the Cubs end up trading for Peralta. Not talking for Boyd as obviously the Cubs would need to add significant pieces to Schwarber to get Boyd.

Donít know what the Cubs would look from Detroit as I wouldnít deal Schwarber for Castellanos or Greene.
    I wish Almora would get Castellanos

A reliever and a bat. If they canít find a good lefty then add another righty. It doesnít even have to be Giles for me. A guy like Sam Dyson would work. With Strop going like he had this year just make the bullpen deeper in case they have to demote him from high leverage spots.

On offense Merrifield and Marte are the best fits but the Pirates arenít even selling at the moment and they would never trade Marte to the Cubs unless itís an insane package.

Edit : I like Lugo as well but the price may be too high as I believe he has a fair amount of control but not sure. Have to check

Quote Originally Posted by ivyboys View Post
    I wish Almora would get Castellanos

I donít care much about Almora but he does have value on this team as the only true CF. Honestly I think Castellanos could be had for a minor leaguer or two that no one here would care about.

I donít care much about Almora but he does have value on this team as the only true CF. Honestly I think Castellanos could be had for a minor leaguer or two that no one here would care about.
    I agree, but itís just going to come down to realizing that if you add Castellanos or Peralta your defense is going to take a hit. Youíre adding these guys for their bats and to get Almora out of the lineup. If Almora gets us a big bat and keeps us from trading prospects then we would be stupid not to do it. Itís not hard to find a good defensive CF for late in the game that doesnít do a lot with the bat for next to nothing.

Agreed. I wish Almora could be replaced by a CF who could field the position well and hit well. I donít think that happens this month.

If you can start getting good production again from LF and 2b, you can live with Almora. Living with Almora, Russell, Schwarber, and a pitcher spot in the same lineup is much harder.

CF is seriously a ****ing wasteland across the league. The only interesting players are on contenders or on division rivals. I guess you could maybe squint and see Leury Garcia as a viable upgrade. What a pitiful sight. You're pretty much stuck with Al. At least his glove is living up to its billing.

I would be for moving KB there next year. Give him all of camp and ST to get familiar. We have plenty of IF options to fill out 3B adequately. There's no other real way to upgrade CF in my eyes. Could be Nico. But that's still an unfamiliar look for one of our players. Might as well try KB if you're going that route.

Page 1 of 194 1231151101 ... LastLast