Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I'm assuming you fully support the Knicks maintaining flexibility as priority #1 since you feel that way?
    Not with this FO if we had someone who can turn flexibility into game changing advantage then I would feel better but not with Steve Perry.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Wait...why are you guys assuming that to be the case?
    For no other reason than they want to whine some more.

Rican created a theory in his head that Russ wanted the Knicks and they would have preferred DSJ and a 2nd rounder to CP3 and 5 first rounders, so he can whine about the Knicks not having cap space to absorb him, even after admitting he's a bad fit.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    whining... b/c I'm not pretending to love every move? come on now, its ok to think the FO is doing a bad job and being upset about it. I'm tired of pretending we are making good moves. We have sucked for a long time and I'm going to at least vent about it.

for all the talk of "flexibility" we went out and signed role players at 12:01am as if they were KD & Kyrie and killed our flexibility for this offseason.
    It's not about loving any move. You have reached a point where you are now sitting there and creating your own assumptions to criticize the team.

You're assuming that Russ wanted NY and that NY would've wanted him.

Feel free to vent about being bad, but realize the levels that you're going to now. Even if Russ was a real option, you are completely ignoring the risks and what has happened to every Knicks team the last 20 years that tried to go this route, while assuming that this time would've been different.

It's not crazy to think WB would have been an option if we had saved some cap space... Begley himself reported WB was interested. Obviously we don't know his level of interest but the fact that we simply could not make it happen would of course lead to him looking elsewhere.

I don't think they have a better team than the Clippers and I don't think their duo is better than the Lakers or Clippers. Until Russ proves to be good in the playoffs, I wouldn't be shocked if they were eliminated by a team like Utah, Denver, or Portland.
    On paper no but D'Antoni's system does have the ability to supercharge teams. Houston never really had any business competing with GSW and they had them on the ropes. I wouldn't be shocked if this actually worked out really well for Houston.

That said, all these teams trading 5 first rounders to create a 2-4 year championship window are really short sighted and going to regret is soon IMO.

This is almost like the splurge in monster contracts after the cap hike, and then the subsequent correction where nobody spent anything for a couple years. Teams are giving out half a decade worth of first rounders to add 30 year old players right now, it's crazy. You are going to have multiple teams finding themselves in a Nets 2013-17 type situation after this is all said and done and teams are never going to make trades like this again.

Begley said he had interest... cap space would mean we could have traded for him now... he wasn't going to wait until dec. it is what it is though.
    Did you read the quote from the article?

Westbrook had a short list of teams he was interested in being traded to, per ESPN. Houston and Miami were believed to be on the list.

What about the Knicks?

In the immediate aftermath of he and Oklahoma City talking about potential trades, Westbrook viewed the Knicks as a potential suitor, per SNY sources. It's unknown if New York was on the ultimate list of teams Westbrook communicated to the Thunder.

For no other reason than they want to whine some more.

Rican created a theory in his head that Russ wanted the Knicks and they would have preferred DSJ and a 2nd rounder to CP3 and 5 first rounders, so he can whine about the Knicks not having cap space to absorb him, even after admitting he's a bad fit.
    I was the first one to give Knicks kudos for signing Randle but what came afterwards I didn't like that much so I'm a whinner? If I mention what could have been if Knicks had been more patient before spending all there cap I'm a whinner if I didn't like SL performance I'm a whinner so what is a fan supposed to be blind homer?

It's not crazy to think WB would have been an option if we had saved some cap space... Begley himself reported WB was interested. Obviously we don't know his level of interest but the fact that we simply could not make it happen would of course lead to him looking elsewhere.
    It is also to think we would have been a top option, it's crazy to think they would have wanted DSJ and a 2nd over CP3 and five 1sts, and it's crazy at this point based on the reporting to assume OKC would have sent him anywhere but his top choice.

Did you read the quote from the article?
    again. We COULD NOT trade for WB becuase we used our cap... so why would we be looked at seriously? He's literally saying he looked at the knicks as a potential suitor.

obviously for cap reasons it could not happen. why is it crazy to think that if we could trade for him he wouldn't want to come?

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    I was the first one to give Knicks kudos for signing Randle but what came afterwards I didn't like that much so I'm a whinner? If I mention what could have been if Knicks had been more patient before spending all there cap I'm a whinner if I didn't like SL performance I'm a whinner so what is a fan supposed to be blind homer?

No, to make assumptions about the Westbrook situation just to whine is being a whiner.

On paper no but D'Antoni's system does have the ability to supercharge teams. Houston never really had any business competing with GSW and they had them on the ropes. I wouldn't be shocked if this actually worked out really well for Houston.

That said, all these teams trading 5 first rounders to create a 2-4 year championship window are really short sighted and going to regret is soon IMO.

This is almost like the splurge in monster contracts after the cap hike, and then the subsequent correction where nobody spent anything for a couple years. Teams are giving out half a decade worth of first rounders to add 30 year old players right now, it's crazy. You are going to have multiple teams finding themselves in a Nets 2013-17 type situation after this is all said and done and teams are never going to make trades like this again.
    These teams will be in trouble. The Knicks never traded that many picks in one trade and look how it's impacted them in the past.

It is also crazy to think we would have been a top option, it's crazy to think they would have wanted DSJ and a 2nd over CP3 and five 1sts, and it's crazy at this point based on the reporting to assume OKC would have sent him anywhere but his top choice.
    the got two firsts 5 & 7 years from now and two pick swaps that they are very unlikely to use.

OKC is all about shedding money now, they are basically paying $140m for those 2 first;s...'

If I were a GM of a small market team I would certainly prefer DSJR on a rookie contract and an early 2nd rounder over taking that albatross of a contract for two first's that I probably won't see until I'm working somewhere else.

These teams will be in trouble. The Knicks never traded that many picks in one trade and look how it's impacted them in the past.
    I guess with the dismantling of GSW everyone is going ALL IN right now and see this as the best opportunity to win a chip, and they are willing to sacrifice the future to try and get it done. It's making these teams behave pretty irresponsibly.

the CP3 contract has been widely viewed as unmovable. The fact that HOU was able to move it alone is worth 2-3 first rounders.

again. We COULD NOT trade for WB becuase we used our cap... so why would we be looked at seriously? He's literally saying he looked at the knicks as a potential suitor.

obviously for cap reasons it could not happen. why is it crazy to think that if we could trade for him he wouldn't want to come?
    It could also mean that the Knicks were thrown out there as a possible destination, but did not ultimately make his list because he didn't want to come after thinking about it. It could also mean that some around Westbrook viewed the Knicks as a potential destination and Westbrook squashed it, similar to how he reported about Kawhi. If you don't remember, ESPN reported that Kawhi wanted the Lakers or Clippers and Begley just added that some (Uncle Dennis) would like to see him consider the Knicks as well, but he was unsure how Kawhi felt about it.

Are you seriously asking why wouldn't he want to come with the Knicks history of attracting star players?
    Last edited by smood999; 07-12-2019 at 11:00 AM.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast