Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    fair enough, but preferred is just that, a preference. doesn't mean he forced his way there.

We were on his list but couldn't make it happen.

But if we could, you don't think DSJR + say, a CHA 2nd rounder is better than taking on that monstrous CP3 contract?
    OKC was not going to trade him to anywhere he didn't want to go. That was made clear from the beginning.

Here is Begley's exact quote:

Westbrook had a short list of teams he was interested in being traded to, per ESPN. Houston and Miami were believed to be on the list.

What about the Knicks?

In the immediate aftermath of he and Oklahoma City talking about potential trades, Westbrook viewed the Knicks as a potential suitor, per SNY sources. It's unknown if New York was on the ultimate list of teams Westbrook communicated to the Thunder.
    That doesn't seem like he was certain the Knicks were on his list. Could've been more of a backup plan if all else failed.

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    This is why you don't blow 50 mil on PF lol

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk
    They traded him to where he wanted to go. This has nothing to do with the Knicks.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    They traded him to where he wanted to go. This has nothing to do with the Knicks.
    If Knicks had capspace they would have been on the list.

I would assume so. But they wanted a quick resolution and we would not be able to trade for him until DEc.

ultimately WB wouldn't have been the ideal fit here, but the thing is, the stars that ARE ideal fits are going for crazy amounts now. so WB for DSJR would have been a good way to bring some credibility back to this team without mortgaging the future.

But I get not doing it, what I don't get is why we blew our load so quickly and didn't even allow ourselves a chance to see what else could happen later on. guys like Gibson,Ellington...etc.. are not guys you have to sign at 12:01 am. Randle was the only guy jumping on was understandable, and even then, I don't think there wouldve been that much interest in him. it's telling that in a league where any decent young player gets maxed, where Jamal Murray and Middleton jsut got $35m maxes... that Randle, coming off a 21/8/4 season at 24 years of ago, had to take a 2 year deal starting at $18m.

You guys are just being ridiculous now. Every report is that he wanted Houston and that's OKC sent him. Why would cap space move the Knicks up on Russ' list?

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    You guys are just being ridiculous now. Every report is that he wanted Houston and that's OKC sent him. Why would cap space move the Knicks up on Russ' list?
    Begley said he had interest... cap space would mean we could have traded for him now... he wasn't going to wait until dec. it is what it is though.

I would assume so. But they wanted a quick resolution and we would not be able to trade for him until DEc.

ultimately WB wouldn't have been the ideal fit here, but the thing is, the stars that ARE ideal fits are going for crazy amounts now. so WB for DSJR would have been a good way to bring some credibility back to this team without mortgaging the future.

But I get not doing it, what I don't get is why we blew our load so quickly and didn't even allow ourselves a chance to see what else could happen later on. guys like Gibson,Ellington...etc.. are not guys you have to sign at 12:01 am. Randle was the only guy jumping on was understandable, and even then, I don't think there wouldve been that much interest in him. it's telling that in a league where any decent young player gets maxed, where Jamal Murray and Middleton jsut got $35m maxes... that Randle, coming off a 21/8/4 season at 24 years of ago, had to take a 2 year deal starting at $18m.
    Man you are just whining like crazy nowadays. You said yourself this didn't make much sense for the Knicks. Knicks by all accounts were at best far down on the Russ' list. You are assuming they would have preferred DSJ and a 2nd rounder when they just traded for Shai opposed to absorbing Paul and getting 5 more first rounders. You're really just complaining about something that was never closed to happen and didn't really even make sense to go all out and pursue.

I mean thinking logically why wouldn't WB want to play in biggest market in sports in front of most hungry fanbase for star player and why wouldn't OKC want to deal with Knicks yea maybe one less pick but they wouldn't have to pay cp3 100 mil next 3 years lol.

Man you are just whining like crazy nowadays. You said yourself this didn't make much sense for the Knicks. Knicks by all accounts were at best far down on the Russ' list. You are assuming they would have preferred DSJ and a 2nd rounder when they just traded for Shai opposed to absorbing Paul and getting 5 more first rounders. You're really just complaining about something that was never closed to happen and didn't really even make sense to go all out and pursue.
    It's a forum for discussing opinions not singing delusions of grandeur's of Steve Mills and Dolan.

Begley said he had interest... cap space would mean we could have traded for him now... he wasn't going to wait until dec. it is what it is though.
    Come on, Begley said Russ had "meh" interest and has no idea if he was actually on the final list of teams. You are acting like Begley said this was an AD situation. The passive Knicks interest has only been mentioned by a Knicks writer and not mentioned by anybody else. Russ wanted Houston and he got Houston. End of story.

whining... b/c I'm not pretending to love every move? come on now, its ok to think the FO is doing a bad job and being upset about it. I'm tired of pretending we are making good moves. We have sucked for a long time and I'm going to at least vent about it.

for all the talk of "flexibility" we went out and signed role players at 12:01am as if they were KD & Kyrie and killed our flexibility for this offseason.

I mean thinking logically why wouldn't WB want to play in biggest market in sports in front of most hungry fanbase for star player and why wouldn't OKC want to deal with Knicks yea maybe one less pick but they wouldn't have to pay cp3 100 mil next 3 years lol.

I'm assuming you fully support the Knicks maintaining flexibility as priority #1 since you feel that way?

I don't think they have a better team than the Clippers and I don't think their duo is better than the Lakers or Clippers. Until Russ proves to be good in the playoffs, I wouldn't be shocked if they were eliminated by a team like Utah, Denver, or Portland.

Wait...why are you guys assuming that to be the case?

whining... b/c I'm not pretending to love every move? come on now, its ok to think the FO is doing a bad job and being upset about it. I'm tired of pretending we are making good moves. We have sucked for a long time and I'm going to at least vent about it.
    It's OK not to love the moves, but then to pretend Russ was gung ho about joining the Knicks and pointing to the Knicks moves as the only reason it didn't happen, when all the evidence goes against this theory of yours, is simply whining.

Your taking the Russ situation as a reason to continue whining about the offseason moves with a fresh context, when the Russ situation has nothing to do with us and it's pretty damn obvious.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast