Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    no matching that is what he is saying we would use cap space and in his example moving DSJ but I don't think they take him with alexander there to be honest but that don't matter it's the point the Knicks used up all it's cap in a hurry when they could have been more patient and worse case they still would have Randle and Bullock
    You guys are right. So you two are in agreement. Ight time to jump off a bridge because this can't be real

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    wow we finally agree...lol. and its not to say that trading for WB is a slamdunk, just to say we really rushed into things using basically all our cap within 1 hour... better situations could have arisen.

We had $70m in cap space, Randle's deal starting at $18m, and take away a ghost hold we would still have had $53m after Randle. WB makes $38m, minus DSJR's salary would be $33m. So we still would have had $20m to play with.

Randle, WB + $20m worth of role players + $4.8m Bullock exception. So Gibson and Ellington could have still been signed too.

who knows if WB would have been possible but we blew our load before even seeing if it was possible.

and yea WB isn't the perfect player but he wouldn't have cost much and how much more attractive would our roster look next summer with him here? Heck AD is already saying he will test FAgency. seems we cant get that first domino though and these guys are looking to team up.

I'm good with a rebuild at the end of the day but if you can get stars without giving up much I think you do it
    sorry didn't look up Westbrook I assumed another post was correct when it said 43m?

But you don't take off the ghost because the 70 is a total, and WB makes 38.5 and DSJ makes 4.5 and you forgot Iggy so that is close to 3 mil so it's around 17m I had more because of WB.

Actually we still could have had Randle, traded for WB and then got Morris, then used the room on Bullock.

To bad I actually like that lol.....if it could have happened, but I agree OKC would have at least pushed it because no CP3 to worry about and our first would be better than Houstons, I think it was Houston's ?

All well......Maybe we now trade for CP3 in December lol

Daaammm so we did have options to better use our cap space. Oops we did it again

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    sorry didn't look up Westbrook I assumed another post was correct when it said 43m?

But you don't take off the ghost because the 70 is a total, and WB makes 38.5 and DSJ makes 4.5 and you forgot Iggy so that is close to 3 mil so it's around 17m I had more because of WB.

Actually we still could have had Randle, traded for WB and then got Morris, then used the room on Bullock.

To bad I actually like that lol.....if it could have happened, but I agree OKC would have at least pushed it because no CP3 to worry about and our first would be better than Houstons, I think it was Houston's ?

All well......Maybe we now trade for CP3 in December lol
    Yup this is my concern with FO tactic lvl.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415