Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

The impossible just happened - Russell Westbrook is coming to H-town

This is a thing... I guess we can disregard my last post in the "off-season thread"

https://www.prosportsdaily.com/artic...ul-577739.html

I donít know how to feel about this honestly. But I will say this, I definitely never said that Westbrook was an overpaid stat padder who didnít deserve his MVP.

Wow

I actually like it. It hurts to trade two future firsts, but I'm excited for next season. They kept next year's pick, so maybe a trade for a wing is next.

i had to change my signature!

it will be very interesting to see them playing together...and maybe play some defence!

but i am a little bit sad to see cp3 leaving! i love him as a player!

Even though reports were saying how Houston would be a long shot due to their contract situations, I'm not surprised by this. This is what Daryl Morey does.

Houston had to make a move. At best, they were going to be the 4th best in the West. Westbrook is an upgrade over Paul player wise. I don't care about the draft picks, and while his contract sucks, I'd rather have his contract over CP3's. It's also possible that Morey isn't done dealing, though I assume that he will stay put with the roster he has now.

I'm excited to see how Harden does here. He's consistently improved his offensive game. He now has a chance to become a deadly off the ball player.

I don't like Westbrook's game. Houston needs to still have him handle the ball most of the time. He's not an off the ball player. Westbrook's inability to hit the three is going to be interesting on the Rockets. I hope he doesn't jack up high volume of threes if he can't hit them. I'm excited to see his hustle and energy, and I think this puts guys like Capela, Gordon and Tucker in better position to succeed. Especially Gordon. Westbrook is a fit on Houston's isoball offense, but not the high volume three and dunks offense.

It'll be interesting. It is more likely to fail than when CP3 was traded to Houston, and most thought that would fail. But there's a lot of potential upside along with the lots of potential negatives.

I don't like how CP3 asserted himself last season. They needed a better #2 option to Harden, and they mostly went to Gordon. Now they have someone else to handle the ball, and Harden can try to improve his game. I think Harden should be able to get more rest now too. It'll also be hilarious watching Westbrook (or Harden) run the second unit like CP3 used to do. I think Houston is going to win a bazillion regular season games this year without CP3 getting hurt all of the time now. Doesn't mean jack for the playoffs.
    Last edited by Driven; 07-12-2019 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Driven View Post
    Even though reports were saying how Houston would be a long shot due to their contract situations, I'm not surprised by this. This is what Daryl Morey does.

Houston had to make a move. At best, they were going to be the 4th best in the West. Westbrook is an upgrade over Paul player wise. I don't care about the draft picks, and while his contract sucks, I'd rather have his contract over CP3's. It's also possible that Morey isn't done dealing, though I assume that he will stay put with the roster he has now.

I'm excited to see how Harden does here. He's consistently improved his offensive game. He now has a chance to become a deadly off the ball player.

I don't like Westbrook's game. Houston needs to still have him handle the ball most of the time. He's not an off the ball player. Westbrook's inability to hit the three is going to be interesting on the Rockets. I hope he doesn't jack up high volume of threes if he can't hit them. I'm excited to see his hustle and energy, and I think this puts guys like Capela, Gordon and Tucker in better position to succeed. Especially Gordon. Westbrook is a fit on Houston's isoball offense, but not the high volume three and dunks offense.

It'll be interesting. It is more likely to fail than when CP3 was traded to Houston, and most thought that would fail. But there's a lot of potential upside along with the lots of potential negatives.

I don't like how CP3 asserted himself last season. They needed a better #2 option to Harden, and they mostly went to Gordon. Now they have someone else to handle the ball, and Harden can try to improve his game. I think Harden should be able to get more rest now too. It'll also be hilarious watching Westbrook (or Harden) run the second unit like CP3 used to do. I think Houston is going to win a bazillion regular season games this year without CP3 getting hurt all of the time now. Doesn't mean jack for the playoffs.
    I agree with pretty much here. I'm not at all concerned about his lack of shooting affecting the offense. He's just good enough of a shooter to demand closeouts, and his athleticism and burst is elite. With that said, what I am concerned is that he doesn't take the drive and settle for contested threes. It's easy to see him doing exactly that.

What I'm excited about is Westbrook running the second unit without changing too much the flow of the offense, like with Paul last year.

Tyson Chandler signed a 1-year deal with the Rockets. He should be a much better, and available, backup to Capela and Tuckwagon. Just imagine the Rockets roster if they can find a way to bring Iggy. A Shumpert sign and trade with the 2020 pick going Memphis way seems a great deal for both sides. And if they don't, they still have most of their MLE to look at guys like Lance Thomas, Justin Holiday, Shaun Livingston. Watching the Summer League, I'm not sure there's anyone worth using the MLE and offering a 3 or 4-year deal. The most guys lik Duval, Ponds, Williams and Clemons are fighting for is the 2 two-way spots, I'm guessing. Chiozza is already signed to an NBA contract.

Of course, you could always save the MLE for in-season moves.

Thabo Sefolosha would be great.

Man, I hope we can somehow get Iguodala. I love the Tyson Chandler and Westbrook moves. IDK how Russ and Harden will work, but I also didn't know how Harden + CP3 would coexis, I think Russ comes in with a hige opportunity to silence all his critics, working on improving his jumper, and i can honestly see him coming in here doing whatever it takes to win.

Rockets just signed Anthony Bennett, too.

Itís all falling into place.

It's a training camp deal. He did look good in the G-League last year, shotting the ball well from three. The Westbrook-Paul deal had zero effect in the Rockets salary cap situation. And there's a reason none of the Rockets signing have been made official yet. And possibly also why we haven't heard any Shumpert news. I'm still holding out hope for a trade. Shumpert S&T and the 2020 pick for Iggy or Covington.