Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 163
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Bay
    Posts
    14,018
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Someone try to talk me down off the ledge... Why could this work? Maybe I can justify it in that it probably extends the Rockets' window to potentially win a title by a couple of years assuming Westbrook can return to form a bit? Maybe Westbrook and Harden's prior chemistry and friendship will bring out the best in each other and Westbrook will finally find a somewhat competent 3-point shot in D'Antoni's offense?

    I'm seriously losing my mind tonight, guys. This is the strangest I've felt as a Rockets fan... maybe ever.
    Idk if I want to talk you down but I do love me some b-ball talk so here we go...

    CP3 is obviously the better fit. However, his injury concerns with his age are too problematic. Westbrook’s deal is a year longer but dude is as durable as they come. If they can get him to stop shooting and just attack the rim he could be a great piece to have. His able to slash will give your offense a different look.

    The biggest issues will be can he coexist with Harden and understand it’s not his team. He’s there to be Robin to Batman. Will he stop shooting the 3 unless it’s a rotated pass to him wide open. Will he stop stat chasing. If he can do those things then you’ll be a nightmare match up for most teams in the playoffs.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    28,679
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Someone try to talk me down off the ledge... Why could this work? Maybe I can justify it in that it probably extends the Rockets' window to potentially win a title by a couple of years assuming Westbrook can return to form a bit? Maybe Westbrook and Harden's prior chemistry and friendship will bring out the best in each other and Westbrook will finally find a somewhat competent 3-point shot in D'Antoni's offense?

    I'm seriously losing my mind tonight, guys. This is the strangest I've felt as a Rockets fan... maybe ever.
    Lollll, no, Curry shook Morey to the core and he went for a Grand Slam. He whiffed! Curry owns peak Westbrook (AND Harden) by the way. Not to mention the Clips are now an even worse matchup.

    Jump off that proverbial ledge. You're ****ed.
    Last edited by Rush; 07-12-2019 at 01:44 AM. Reason: Please do not dodge the filter

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    30,727
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Idk if I want to talk you down but I do love me some b-ball talk so here we go...

    CP3 is obviously the better fit. However, his injury concerns with his age are too problematic. Westbrook’s deal is a year longer but dude is as durable as they come. If they can get him to stop shooting and just attack the rim he could be a great piece to have. His able to slash will give your offense a different look.

    The biggest issues will be can he coexist with Harden and understand it’s not his team. He’s there to be Robin to Batman. Will he stop shooting the 3 unless it’s a rotated pass to him wide open. Will he stop stat chasing. If he can do those things then you’ll be a nightmare match up for most teams in the playoffs.
    This helps a little. That's a fairly reasonable take... I took a half-step back...


  4. #64
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    19,632
    Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    Y’all don’t want this smoke.
    Maybe you should go to the reporters D-League?

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    103,956
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Lollll, no, Curry shook Morey to the core and he went for a Grand Slam. He whiffed! Curry owns peak Westbrook (AND Harden) by the way. Not to mention the Clips are now an even worse matchup.

    Jump off that proverbial ledge. You're ****ed.


    they could always dodge curry and pray the clippers take out the warriors and maybe they get the lakers in the West finals : )

    Honestly this move makes them a much better team
    Last edited by Rush; 07-12-2019 at 01:45 AM. Reason: Edited quoted post

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    28,907
    Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    Y’all don’t want this smoke.
    oh no


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    28,679
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post


    they could always dodge curry and pray the clippers take out the warriors and maybe they get the lakers in the West finals : )

    Honestly this move makes them a much better team
    To be real I 100% disagree. CO was their best player in game 6 and their X factor period. Curry + Klay OWN those two. And the Clips are better than both (tho they could clearly lose too... Kawhi is hilariously overrated and PG is damaged).

    Warriors champs >>>

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    24,117
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    This helps a little. That's a fairly reasonable take... I took a half-step back...
    Take a full step back homie. As far as I’m concerned the Rockets are gonna be deadly this year. Who’s stopping that back court? And the full supporting cast remains. Harden and WB have familiarity. I think it’s gravy.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 07-11-2019 at 11:24 PM.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Bay
    Posts
    14,018
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Be nice Tre... no need to kick a man when their down.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    30,727
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Take a full step back homie. As far as I’m concerned the Rockets are gonna be deadly this year. Who’s stopping that back court? And the full supporting cast remains. Harden and WB have familiarity. I think it’s gravy.
    OK, yeah, **** it... It took all of three hours, but I'm all about the Harden/Westbrook train!!! Let's do it!!! Red Nation!!!

    (Honestly, at this point, why the **** not? Harden's not getting any younger, Paul certainly wasn't and if this is a train wreck, it should be an interesting one to say the least. If it fails miserably, at least I can fall back on the 'Stros. Oh yeah, and that whole "wife and kid" thing...)


  11. #71
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,217
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    PSD’s Woj seems to be dead silent. How many things has he been wrong about this off-season so far? Check your sources bruh!
    😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

    That’s the first thing that came to my mind lol

    I love Wade though, don’t get me wrong, but that’s part of being brothers and making fun of each other.

    But Wade, time to throw away and retire that PSD Woj stick right?

    The confidence in your predictions are gold. But I have no room to talk. I was so freaking wrong about KL. No one was more wrong than I was...but I don’t say “I’m hearing” or “I’ve been told” or “I’m the PSD woj”. Lol bro I love you though. Keep doing what your doing. We need you doing you in this forum.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    28,679
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Be nice Tre... no need to kick a man when their down.
    Daryl Morey panic move of the century. They're DONE.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    From 303 to the 614
    Posts
    8,901
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    To be real I 100% disagree. CO was their best player in game 6 and their X factor period. Curry + Klay OWN those two. And the Clips are better than both (tho they could clearly lose too... Kawhi is hilariously overrated and PG is damaged).

    Warriors champs >>>
    Lost their best player and picked up a guy that will prolly end up on the Wolves...but dreaming is fun lmao

    Funny choice of words tho, hilariously overrated and damaged is exactly how I would describe the splash bros in the playoffs last year

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8,594
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Idk if I want to talk you down but I do love me some b-ball talk so here we go...

    CP3 is obviously the better fit. However, his injury concerns with his age are too problematic. Westbrook’s deal is a year longer but dude is as durable as they come. If they can get him to stop shooting and just attack the rim he could be a great piece to have. His able to slash will give your offense a different look.

    The biggest issues will be can he coexist with Harden and understand it’s not his team. He’s there to be Robin to Batman. Will he stop shooting the 3 unless it’s a rotated pass to him wide open. Will he stop stat chasing. If he can do those things then you’ll be a nightmare match up for most teams in the playoffs.
    Wrong West has only one speed. In no story ever, Westbrook is the robin. He's a force of nature, at times nature is calm, then at other times, a hurricane is on top of you.







    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    24,117
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    OK, yeah, **** it... It took all of three hours, but I'm all about the Harden/Westbrook train!!! Let's do it!!! Red Nation!!!

    (Honestly, at this point, why the **** not? Harden's not getting any younger, Paul certainly wasn't and if this is a train wreck, it should be an interesting one to say the least. If it fails miserably, at least I can fall back on the 'Stros. Oh yeah, and that whole "wife and kid" thing...)
    Exactly my dude. As long as we have Harden we should be in contention and we weren’t getting over the hump with Paul.

    Harden and WB been to the finals together. Their fit won’t be an issue which is why I think WB preferred Houston. He has a chance to contend and with an elite player he’s already familiar with.

    Best back court in the league period! And I’m glad we kept Capela.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •