Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 125
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,471
    Why are all these vet forwards even signing here in the first place? LoL, makes very little sense..

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Staten island Ny
    Posts
    28,606
    Quote Originally Posted by TakeYourL View Post
    I mean we don't really know who our starters are, who's playing what position, who is staying here long term, etc.

    But I can guarantee RJ will get his minutes and be here long term, the rest of this roster, I have no clue, I don't think the Knicks front office knows either.

    Just more winging it, like the KP trade.
    0 point of even answering the kp trade comment. Knox/ Mitch will be here long term. Randle has a good shot to be here long term if he shows improvement like he has every year. The vets it all depends who performs. Portis is another guy I could see staying here. Big year for dsj. Theyíre bringing high competition to improve the youth. Not hard to see what theyíre trying to do
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Staten island Ny
    Posts
    28,606
    Quote Originally Posted by sharqstealth View Post
    Give us Brooklyn on opening night! We are gonna beat BK with our depth!
    I donít think Brooklyn will be anything more than a 45 win team this year.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    4,055
    Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Dsj/Payton/Frank
    Barrett/Trier/Ellington
    Morris/Knox/Bullock
    Randle/taj
    Mitch/Portis
    Dsj been working so weíll see how it works if not I can see a move happening
    I like it. Dot & Iggy both deserve spots imo so to me itís

    DSJ-Payton-Frank
    RJ-Trier-Ellington
    Morris-Bullock-Dot
    Randle-Knox-Iggy
    Mitch-Portis-Taj

    I donít know something like that. I just want the comp to be crazy at camp so these guys all understand someone right under them can take their job if they donít bring it 100% of the time. Time for accountability and playing both ends of the floor every damn play if you want PT

  5. #20
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,240
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    I like it. Dot & Iggy both deserve spots imo so to me itís

    DSJ-Payton-Frank
    RJ-Trier-Ellington
    Morris-Bullock-Dot
    Randle-Knox-Iggy
    Mitch-Portis-Taj

    I donít know something like that. I just want the comp to be crazy at camp so these guys all understand someone right under them can take their job if they donít bring it 100% of the time. Time for accountability and playing both ends of the floor every damn play if you want PT
    I don't see DSJ beating out Payton for starting point guard...
    Payton knows how to distribute and run an offense...I'm actually excited to see him and RJ in the backcourt.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,240
    Quote Originally Posted by TakeYourL View Post
    Why are all these vet forwards even signing here in the first place? LoL, makes very little sense..
    Because we were aggressive in offering them fair to slightly above fair market value and their roles were probably clearly defined to them.

    Taj is from Brooklyn, Morris loves NYC and Portis has a chance to show out in the largest market in the world while getting paid.

    On top of all of that, we're in the eastern conference and all these pieces really do have a chance to do something special. In our division, I think we can be better than the Raptors and Nets (minus KD)

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,560
    Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    0 point of even answering the kp trade comment. Knox/ Mitch will be here long term. Randle has a good shot to be here long term if he shows improvement like he has every year. The vets it all depends who performs. Portis is another guy I could see staying here. Big year for dsj. Theyíre bringing high competition to improve the youth. Not hard to see what theyíre trying to do
    Yep it's pretty obvious to me too. Guys like Morris will keep Randle, Portis and Knox on their toes. Morris come off the bench and get big minutes in the frontcourt even some minutes at center in a small ball role like he did in Boston. He is a tuff guy too who will make our bigs even tuffer. Steel sharpens steel...

    Morris is a 4 who can play 3 or 5
    Knox is a 3 who can play 4
    Randle is a 4 who can play 5 or 3
    Portis is a 5 who can play 4
    Gibson is a 4 but at this point in his career is better off at the backup 5 and be a great looker room guy.

    I really like the variety and depth that Perry has built in the frontcourt this summer. Backcourt is even deeper with a mixture of good ball handlers, scorers and defenders (Payton, Frank and Allen).

    This is a very well balanced team. Now chemistry and coaching will be the most important key to winning next season. This roster reminds me of the Denver Nuggets who don't have a superstar but won a lot of games last season just because of depth. They were able to keep quality players on the floor at all times. That should be the Knicks identity next season!

  8. #23
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,240
    Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Yep it's pretty obvious to me too. Guys like Morris will keep Randle, Portis and Knox on their toes. Morris come off the bench and get big minutes in the frontcourt even some minutes at center in a small ball role like he did in Boston. He is a tuff guy too who will make our bigs even tuffer. Steel sharpens steel...

    Morris is a 4 who can play 3 or 5
    Knox is a 3 who can play 4
    Randle is a 4 who can play 5 or 3
    Portis is a 5 who can play 4
    Gibson is a 4 but at this point in his career is better off at the backup 5 and be a great looker room guy.

    I really like the variety and depth that Perry has built in the frontcourt this summer. Backcourt is even deeper with a mixture of good ball handlers, scorers and defenders (Payton, Frank and Allen).

    This is a very well balanced team. Now chemistry and coaching will be the most important key to winning next season. This roster reminds me of the Denver Nuggets who don't have a superstar but won a lot of games last season just because of depth. They were able to keep quality players on the floor at all times. That should be the Knicks identity next season!
    Jokic is a superstar man...he's vastly underrated...homeboy can drop triple doubles with the best of em.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,107
    With addition of Morris the Knicks will definitely make the playoffs. With no moves at the deadline I see them at the 5th seed.

    1. Bucks
    2. Sixers
    3. Raptors
    4. Celtics
    5. Knicks

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    339
    Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Yep it's pretty obvious to me too. Guys like Morris will keep Randle, Portis and Knox on their toes. Morris come off the bench and get big minutes in the frontcourt even some minutes at center in a small ball role like he did in Boston. He is a tuff guy too who will make our bigs even tuffer. Steel sharpens steel...

    Morris is a 4 who can play 3 or 5
    Knox is a 3 who can play 4
    Randle is a 4 who can play 5 or 3
    Portis is a 5 who can play 4
    Gibson is a 4 but at this point in his career is better off at the backup 5 and be a great looker room guy.

    I really like the variety and depth that Perry has built in the frontcourt this summer. Backcourt is even deeper with a mixture of good ball handlers, scorers and defenders (Payton, Frank and Allen).

    This is a very well balanced team. Now chemistry and coaching will be the most important key to winning next season. This roster reminds me of the Denver Nuggets who don't have a superstar but won a lot of games last season just because of depth. They were able to keep quality players on the floor at all times. That should be the Knicks identity next season!
    Good points Boogie: A lot of flexibility. I can see these guys all on the floor together at some points each night: Randle at the 5, Portis at 4, Morris at the 3.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    14,235
    I don't know how I feel about Morris playing SF. He played there a lot early in his career, but hasn't the last 2 years. That could've solely been because of Boston having Tatum and Brown or maybe they figured that he was better at PF. We'll have to find out, but I hope the Knicks have Knox in mind when determining where Morris is going to play.

    My guess is that Morris starts at PF next to Randle or at SF next to Randle and Mitch. The former is my preference, because they would still be able to add more shooting to compliment RJ, Randle, and DSJ in the starting lineup.

    I think they'll go with a 10 players, 9 that will be consistent from game to game, and another 2 receiving spot minutes, especially if they still sign Bullock.

    Here is what I'm thinking:

    Randle - Mitch
    Morris - Portis
    Knox - Ellington/Dotson
    RJ - Trier
    DSJ - Payton

    I think that's actually pretty balanced with shooting and defense. They can also go small or big depending on the matchup. They can also create lineups with four shooters on the court.

    If they start Mitch, then this is likely the rotation:

    Mitch - Portis
    Randle - Knox
    Morris - Ellington/Dotson
    RJ - Trier
    DSJ - Payton

    In both of these situations, I can see Dotson and Ellington getting getting spot minutes, with the other 9 firmly in the rotation. Ellington has basically been in that position most of his career, so I don't think he'll demand significant time. I think the Knicks may lean towards him though because of his shooting.

    If they end up signing Bullock, then I think he just replaces Dotson and Ellington in the rotation. Unlike Ellington, he is someone who has demanded big minutes the last few seasons. At that point, they would basically go to Dotson or Ellington if Trier isn't cutting it or if they need more shooting.

    Frank, Iggy, and Taj likely won't be in the rotation unless there is an injury.

    I know the complaints, but there's nothing wrong with depth. Teams that don't have star players have to go this route for some success. We've seen it with Denver, BK, LAC, etc.

    I would prefer another top-5 pick, but those that want them to actually be decent should be in favor of these moves. With the Morris signing, I lean more towards them at least getting to 30 wins rather than giving it a 50/50 shot of it being a complete disaster. Morris definitely adds more stability and overall consistency to the rotation.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    LI-NY
    Posts
    33,525
    I'm gonna love watching Morris in a Knick uni. Knicks are gonna be a tough out even if they end up having trouble closing out games and end up a 30-35 win team.

    There is no question there is a depth issue, but too much depth is a good problem to have and if a guy on a one year deal is unhappy because he's not in the rotation so be it.

    Last year when a star became available we would have had to trade our entire roster of young guys to match contracts. Now we can match contracts with top-value expirings, a bucket of draft picks and have a solid roster of young guys and role players left over.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    LI-NY
    Posts
    33,525
    Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    I don't know how I feel about Morris playing SF. He played there a lot early in his career, but hasn't the last 2 years. That could've solely been because of Boston having Tatum and Brown or maybe they figured that he was better at PF. We'll have to find out, but I hope the Knicks have Knox in mind when determining where Morris is going to play.

    My guess is that Morris starts at PF next to Randle or at SF next to Randle and Mitch. The former is my preference, because they would still be able to add more shooting to compliment RJ, Randle, and DSJ in the starting lineup.

    I think they'll go with a 10 players, 9 that will be consistent from game to game, and another 2 receiving spot minutes, especially if they still sign Bullock.

    Here is what I'm thinking:

    Randle - Mitch
    Morris - Portis
    Knox - Ellington/Dotson
    RJ - Trier
    DSJ - Payton

    I think that's actually pretty balanced with shooting and defense. They can also go small or big depending on the matchup. They can also create lineups with four shooters on the court.

    If they start Mitch, then this is likely the rotation:

    Mitch - Portis
    Randle - Knox
    Morris - Ellington/Dotson
    RJ - Trier
    DSJ - Payton

    In both of these situations, I can see Dotson and Ellington getting getting spot minutes, with the other 9 firmly in the rotation. Ellington has basically been in that position most of his career, so I don't think he'll demand significant time. I think the Knicks may lean towards him though because of his shooting.

    If they end up signing Bullock, then I think he just replaces Dotson and Ellington in the rotation. Unlike Ellington, he is someone who has demanded big minutes the last few seasons. At that point, they would basically go to Dotson or Ellington if Trier isn't cutting it or if they need more shooting.

    Frank, Iggy, and Taj likely won't be in the rotation unless there is an injury.

    I know the complaints, but there's nothing wrong with depth. Teams that don't have star players have to go this route for some success. We've seen it with Denver, BK, LAC, etc.

    I would prefer another top-5 pick, but those that want them to actually be decent should be in favor of these moves. With the Morris signing, I lean more towards them at least getting to 30 wins rather than giving it a 50/50 shot of it being a complete disaster. Morris definitely adds more stability and overall consistency to the rotation.
    Depth is the best weapon for teams without stars. I'm not losing sleep over a couple guys on expirings crying about not getting minutes.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    14,235
    Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Yep it's pretty obvious to me too. Guys like Morris will keep Randle, Portis and Knox on their toes. Morris come off the bench and get big minutes in the frontcourt even some minutes at center in a small ball role like he did in Boston. He is a tuff guy too who will make our bigs even tuffer. Steel sharpens steel...

    Morris is a 4 who can play 3 or 5
    Knox is a 3 who can play 4
    Randle is a 4 who can play 5 or 3
    Portis is a 5 who can play 4
    Gibson is a 4 but at this point in his career is better off at the backup 5 and be a great looker room guy.

    I really like the variety and depth that Perry has built in the frontcourt this summer. Backcourt is even deeper with a mixture of good ball handlers, scorers and defenders (Payton, Frank and Allen).

    This is a very well balanced team. Now chemistry and coaching will be the most important key to winning next season. This roster reminds me of the Denver Nuggets who don't have a superstar but won a lot of games last season just because of depth. They were able to keep quality players on the floor at all times. That should be the Knicks identity next season!
    I agree with the comparison to the Nuggets as far as depth, but their players are better and Jokic is absolutely a star.

    Also, just because I know this will come up a lot -- Randle cannot and has never played SF.
    Last edited by smood999; 07-12-2019 at 09:41 AM.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    14,235
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Depth is the best weapon for teams without stars. I'm not losing sleep over a couple guys on expirings crying about not getting minutes.
    Right, and people complaining should question who they're losing sleep over not playing.

    The only player that I think we should really want to play that they are risking being out of the rotation is Trier. At the same time, if he's the player we think he is or can be, he should be able to beat out Ellington. My concern there though is that they may need Ellington's shooting if Trier can't maintain the same efficiency on higher volume. If they don't bring in Bullock, this is likely a non-issue.

    Where I do agree with people is paying Taj that much money to not play. However, I don't think they anticipated that they would be able to get Morris.

    I think Ellington was still necessary though due to the shooting he brings.

    I don't like the Payton signing, but it is what it is at this point. He'll at least be a solid player.
    Last edited by smood999; 07-12-2019 at 10:05 AM.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •