Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

(49-41) Redsox Vs. Dodgers (60-32)

Game 1: Friday July 12th at 7:10 PM

Eduardo Rodriguez (9-4) – (4.65 ERA)

It was an up-and-down first half for Rodriguez, who shined at times but also allowed at least four earned runs in eight of his 18 starts. He has a solid 3.75 ERA since May 26.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Kenta Maeda (7-5) – (3.76 ERA)

Maeda gave up only four hits, but two of them left the ballpark in this one. He struck out six batters and only handed out one free pass. He carried a no-hitter into the fifth inning, retiring 13 consecutive batters to open the contest, before giving up a one-out single to Francisco Mejia. A solo homer off the bat of Hunter Renfroe with two outs in the seventh inning and a two-run blast by Manuel Margot in the eighth accounted for all of the damage against him. The 31-year-old righty was extremely efficient, needing only 101 pitches (68 strikes) to nearly complete eight frames. He’ll carry a 3.76 ERA, 1.07 WHIP and 94/31 K/BB ratio into the All-Star break.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Game 2: Saturday July 13th at 7:15 PM

Chris Sale (3-8) – (4.04 ERA)
    Sale allowed five runs in both of his last two starts before the break. The last time he faced the Dodgers, he emerged from the bullpen to finish off last year’s World Series championship by striking out the side.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ross Stripling (3-3) – (3.79 ERA)
    Stripling fell victim to the long ball, and a little bit of bad luck, in this one, with Fernando Tatis Jr. and Manuel Margot hitting solo homers in the first and second innings, respectively. In the fifth inning, things got hairy after a Margot single and an Austin Hedges double that Max Muncy lost in the sun. Stripling was allowed to strike out the pitcher but was replaced by Pedro Baez after that, and Baez promptly gave up a three-run homer to Tatis to charge Stripling with two more runs. His first half ends with a 3.79 ERA and 1.26 WHIP
    Game 3: Sunday July 14th at 7:08 PM

David Price (7-2) – (3.36 ERA)
    Price beat the Dodgers twice in last year’s World Series, including in the decisive Game 5. He has carried that into 2019, leading the Boston rotation with a 3.24 ERA.
    Clayton Kershaw (7-2) – (3.09 ERA)

Kershaw allowed just one walk and five hits in the start, and he struck out nine. It was a strong start for the southpaw -- and a much better effort than the one he had against the Rockies on Saturday -- but Eric Lauer and the Padres' bullpen prevented the left-hander from picking up the win. His first half is over, and Kershaw now owns a 3.09 ERA, 91/16 K/BB ratio and 1.05 WHIP over 99 innings. Maybe not the numbers we've seen in the past, but certainly quality numbers for the 31-year-old.

I think Sox take 2/3, but can see them pulling off a sweep. I like the pitching matchups.

Quote Originally Posted by Pittz View Post
    I think Sox take 2/3, but can see them pulling off a sweep. I like the pitching matchups.
    You said they would sweep the Jays never happened now your saying you can see them sweeping the Dodgers a team that’s 10x better then Toronto?

Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    You said they would sweep the Jays never happened now your saying you can see them sweeping the Dodgers a team that’s 10x better then Toronto?
    It's called optimism, you had it earlier in the season. I miss that BSF.

+1

I know but still a sweep?

Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    I know but still a sweep?
    Well, Sox won the first game as slight favorites. They were -180 heavy favorites yesterday. Had they taken care of business, they’d be going into the final game, which Vegas has as a coin flip, with a great chance at sweeping.

So, an expectation of winning 2/3 with a hope of sweeping seems very practical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh look typical Red Sox Bases loaded to win the game and still can’t get it done.

I’ve came back to reality this team ain’t going nowhere especially with the pitching they have.

As for that interference call, the runner wasn't running in between the two lines. Was that what Alex Cora was arguing about after the interference call was made?

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    As for that interference call, the runner wasn't running in between the two lines. Was that what Alex Cora was arguing about after the interference call was made?
    To be 100% honest I must have that.