Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Spicy P Pascal Siakam

Do you think he has what it takes to be an All Star in this league? Or to be a face of a franchise type talent? I mean he obviously won Most Improved Player but I have to wonder if that was just a flash in the pan or does he step up from stardom into superstardom? I mean Siakam does have potential to be a superstar in this league. I don't take that away from him. I mean Pascal has the size to be an Embiid type or a Giannis type. Well he is lanky and athletic but I will say Pascal if he wants to be "The Guy" the undisputed guy the #1 option in Toronto...he is gonna have to basically become more selfish on the ball basically but also he needs to be more assertive/explosive when coming into the paint. Pascal he can shoot but he needs to work more on his shot too. If he can do that, sky's the limit for him. Am I right or am I wrong?

When Pascal got drafted Raptor fans saw Draymond Green as a best case scenario. Hes already surpassed that. Hes pretty much a shoe in to be an all star if you ask me. Can he be the face of a franchise? Well have to wait and see.

Pascal has improved every year. This year was the first time he actually got minutes and plays drawn up for him. Hell, Nick Nurse was even letting him bring the ball up the floor. Im not ready to say that he can be an elite talent in the league but Im willing to bet my bottom dollar that hes an all star next year.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    When Pascal got drafted Raptor fans saw Draymond Green as a best case scenario. Hes already surpassed that. Hes pretty much a shoe in to be an all star if you ask me. Can he be the face of a franchise? Well have to wait and see.

Pascal has improved every year. This year was the first time he actually got minutes and plays drawn up for him. Hell, Nick Nurse was even letting him bring the ball up the floor. Im not ready to say that he can be an elite talent in the league but Im willing to bet my bottom dollar that hes an all star next year.
    No doubt he will get votes but for Pascal he needs to put on muscle too by also working more on that mid range and long range jumper but if Pascal starts shooting 3s all of a sudden as a big...then as far as being superstar in the making then sure especially if he wants max dollars seeing as how after next season Spicy P is a restricted free agent
    Last edited by Tg11; 07-10-2019 at 11:02 PM.

The Raptors are definitely banking on him being an all star next season.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    Its about winning, Stoudemire said. You win, youre going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you dont win, nobody really wants to see you.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post

Already surpassed All-NBA/DPOY? News to me.

Love Pascal though. Face of a franchise/superstar, etc? I don't see that for him. But with his reported work ethic, physical abilities and how late he picked up the game, we could see a couple more years of improvement out of him before he reaches his prime/peak. A dynamic, multiple time All Star who provides well above average worth on both sides of the ball is a reasonable/optimistic future for him. The overpowering game and/or dynamic playmaking that you see offensively from most superstars though is probably not coming for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    No doubt he will get votes but for Pascal he needs to put on muscle too by also work more on that mid range and long range jumper but if Pascal starts shooting 3s all of a sudden as a big...then as far as being superstar in the making then sure especially if he wants max dollars seeing as how after next season Spicy P is a restricted free agent
    I don't think there's anything wrong with his body. A big part of his game is taking people off the dribble and finishing at the rim, adding muscle may not be good for that portion of his game. He's already 25, it's not like he's a baby in the NBA and still needs to fill out. I do agree that he needs to work on his shooting a bit.

How much is his next contract do you guys think? Is he 5/170?

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    I don't think there's anything wrong with his body. A big part of his game is taking people off the dribble and finishing at the rim, adding muscle may not be good for that portion of his game. He's already 25, it's not like he's a baby in the NBA and still needs to fill out. I do agree that he needs to work on his shooting a bit.

How much is his next contract do you guys think? Is he 5/170?
    Woah thats way way to much. I think he gets like 20 mill a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    No doubt he will get votes but for Pascal he needs to put on muscle too by also work more on that mid range and long range jumper but if Pascal starts shooting 3s all of a sudden as a big...then as far as being superstar in the making then sure especially if he wants max dollars seeing as how after next season Spicy P is a restricted free agent
    He doesnt need to put on any muscle. Dude is the energizer bunny out there. He just keeps running and if defences are lazy hell get by everyone in transition. A lot of his game comes from out running guys or just being quicker than them.

The only hole in his offence right now is that he has no pull up jumper. He started developing his 3 ball this past season but all of his jump shots come off the catch.

Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Already surpassed All-NBA/DPOY? News to me.

Love Pascal though. Face of a franchise/superstar, etc? I don't see that for him. But with his reported work ethic, physical abilities and how late he picked up the game, we could see a couple more years of improvement out of him before he reaches his prime/peak. A dynamic, multiple time All Star who provides well above average worth on both sides of the ball is a reasonable/optimistic future for him. The overpowering game and/or dynamic playmaking that you see offensively from most superstars though is probably not coming for him.
    He isnt the defensive stalwart that Dray is but hes definitely no slouch. His offence is way ahead of Dray though. This year alone Pascal developed a plethora of moves along with sharpening his FT% and 3pt%. Dray has him beat in playmaking and thats about it.

Wow is this guy fastly becoming the most overrated player in the league

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

His progression is ridiculous. He hasn't even been playing basketball very long and has been doing all this in the best league in the world. He is very good, and could become a franchise player if he continues to work on his shooting as I suspect he will. He's barely scratched the surface on what he should become.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Woah thats way way to much. I think he gets like 20 mill a year.
    He's gonna ask for the max, I don't doubt that one bit. If we use Jamal Murray as comparison:

Murray averages more points and assists (by 1), but Siakam has him in:

Rebounds
    Offensive Rating
    Defensive Rating
    Win Shares (His offensive Win Shares is more than Murrays TOTAL win shares... Siakam also boasts about a 4 Defensive WS)
    PER
    TS%

AND he has less usage %.

Murray just signed a Max deal, If Ujiri is able to not have to sign Siakam to a max, then the man deserves another award
    Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

But Tittays are forever.

I FOUND THE LEGENDARY THREAD

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...es-to-Redskins

Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Already surpassed All-NBA/DPOY? [emoji23] News to me.

I think he probably meant his ability to score. I hope he did.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    I think he probably meant his ability to score. I hope he did.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Is someone honestly taking Green over Siakam? lol that can't be real. Siakam is better at almost everything then Dramond. I'll give dramond defense But Siakam isn't a bad defender either. Sia is also 4 years younger.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    Is someone honestly taking Green over Siakam? lol that can't be real. Siakam is better at almost everything then Dramond. I'll give dramond defense But Siakam isn't a bad defender either. Sia is also 4 years younger.
    playmaking and defense. it's more like siakim is only better at scoring.
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    It's different now than it was.

When he won the second one, Giants fans are here we're outside of their minds.
    That quote always cracks me up.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast