Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Rumors

Quote Originally Posted by jerryred View Post
    what would it take for the rangers get wheeler and Ramos
    Cano

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    Cano
    Only if they throw in their top 2 prospects.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't worry. He's got this.

Trade Rumors

Quote Originally Posted by marychristine View Post
    Not surprised because I know first hand, you're a bad judge of character :-)
    Anyway, Im telling you what I think based off what Ive seen from him and based off what I know about men like him. Men who just ooze cockiness and arrogance and have seemingly won the lottery of life.
    Slick salesman indeed... How could that not work to his advantage IF he begins to listen to more experienced and knowledgeable baseball minds? Again, I see him as a man who hates having an image of failure and will do anything to protect the image of success. That could seriously **** With a man mentally and cause him to overthink and be too cautious especially if he overvalues Noah. He's not just going to give up Syndergaard without getting exactly what he wants in return because it could be seen as another failure and he must win. You might not have confidence in him to get it done on his own...neither do I... but I think he definitely has enough humility now, that he will listen to his advisors. He's learning and adapting. Thats what happens when every single move you made was a failure. Humility.
    I definitely dont see him getting burned rather than just not making a trade until winter. Do you?
    His behavior at that supposed meeting with the coaches - throwing a chair and all - doesnít suggest learned humility or caution.

The one thing heís done very well is aggressively select and sign really high end draft picks - I have no doubt his experience as an agent helped with that and I give him credit. That also goes along with his generally aggressive nature.

However he seems to lack the basic understand that baseball is a young manís game - and that big, long term contracts to older players are a horrible, horrible idea. He also doesnít seem to understand the nature and inherent volatility of relief pitching.

He has to prove to the fan base that heís learned quickly on the job - that he knows how to properly build the roster without crippling the team. And that would require humility and serious introspection. His chair throwing incident doesnít suggest he has that.

Other GMs are definitely chomping at the bit to eat this guyís lunch.

First thing I have no idea how anybody knows if he has learned or not learned anything, humility or anything.

What you hope is that the people around him advice him that with his first move he ended up making a huge mistake dealing top prospects for pen arms and then taking in long term deals on old players, then you hope he understands that.

I have no idea what he can bring back now that he needs to deal vets for prospects, itís different than dealing prospects for vets. None of us yet knows what he could do in this scenario.

If itís going to be the same old **** of the Wilpons refusing to eat any money to get a better return, then well you know what they will get back. You hope he is able to ******** them and show them that they need to ****ing eat some money to better the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit999 View Post
    I think hes gone Paul.
    Im not sure about that upside anymore, he doesnt seem like he is ever going to that next level Harvey had or Jake does.
    You probably thought that about Gerrit Cole too before he went to HOU.

Talent is legit, and how old is he again? No one in the baseball world would be surprised if he's one of the top pitchers in the league next season.

With 2 and a half years of control left, you can a haul in return including at least one highly ranked prospect, or you just keep him.

The deal HAS to be bring better than we traded for Diaz and Cano.

With HOU offense being so good, I think a deal is possible that includes Kyle Tucker and J.B.

Wheeler to the Brewers for Brice Turang or to Boston For Triston Casas.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

I don't think Brodie is going to make that many outside the box trades at the deadline. The obvious pieces to go are obvious because they are rentals (Wheeler, Frazier) or they have no real position on the team (Smith). I know he made overtures towards trading Syndergaard last offseason but that was for major league talent. I don't see him trading Syndergaard for prospects because they're not going full on rebuild mode next year.

This guy wants to win. I don't know if that makes him shortsighted in terms of doubling down or what.

Trading Syndergaard basically concedes next season because the Mets will have one reliable SP in their rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    First thing I have no idea how anybody knows if he has learned or not learned anything, humility or anything.

What you hope is that the people around him advice him that with his first move he ended up making a huge mistake dealing top prospects for pen arms and then taking in long term deals on old players, then you hope he understands that.

I have no idea what he can bring back now that he needs to deal vets for prospects, itís different than dealing prospects for vets. None of us yet knows what he could do in this scenario.

If itís going to be the same old **** of the Wilpons refusing to eat any money to get a better return, then well you know what they will get back. You hope he is able to ******** them and show them that they need to ****ing eat some money to better the team.

I don't think there's any evidence - or rationale - that would suggest someone other than BVW pushed that Cano trade. Going after his ex-client and overvaluing him, while trying to make a big splash seems perfectly consistent with BVW himself and his day 1 bravado.

No, I don't know what he's learned. I just know he's apparently still acting like a douche bag if the story of him throwing a chair and acting like a complete child in a meeting with the coaches is true - especially since it's the players he himself brought here are the direct reasons for this team sucking.

With respect to the Wilpons, I don't see anyone convincing them from operating as they always have - poorly. As long as they are owners, the organization will operate with 2 arms tied behind its back.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    You probably thought that about Gerrit Cole too before he went to HOU.

Talent is legit, and how old is he again? No one in the baseball world would be surprised if he's one of the top pitchers in the league next season.

With 2 and a half years of control left, you can a haul in return including at least one highly ranked prospect, or you just keep him.

The deal HAS to be bring better than we traded for Diaz and Cano.

With HOU offense being so good, I think a deal is possible that includes Kyle Tucker and J.B.
    If he goes to Houston I could see him being dominant , Im not sure whats going on there but they seem to get guys to another level.
    The Noah and talent thing is getting old, he gives up more then a hit an inning and just throwing 99 doesnt get guys out anymore.
    He seems incapable of adjusting to that.
    He doesnt get moved til winter, maybe Cleveland in a package for Lindor

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit999 View Post
    If he goes to Houston I could see him being dominant , Im not sure whats going on there but they seem to get guys to another level.
    The Noah and talent thing is getting old, he gives up more then a hit an inning and just throwing 99 doesnt get guys out anymore.
    He seems incapable of adjusting to that.
    He doesnt get moved til winter, maybe Cleveland in a package for Lindor
    You keep saying Lindor. He's one of the best SS's this generation. He's under contract for 3 more years. I haven't seen or heard a single rumor about a possibility of the Indians trading him. It makes no sense whatsoever unless they are going for a full blown long term rebuild, in which case we don't have the prospects to offer for him.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    I don't think there's any evidence - or rationale - that would suggest someone other than BVW pushed that Cano trade. Going after his ex-client and overvaluing him, while trying to make a big splash seems perfectly consistent with BVW himself and his day 1 bravado.

No, I don't know what he's learned. I just know he's apparently still acting like a douche bag if the story of him throwing a chair and acting like a complete child in a meeting with the coaches is true - especially since it's the players he himself brought here are the direct reasons for this team sucking.

With respect to the Wilpons, I don't see anyone convincing them from operating as they always have - poorly. As long as they are owners, the organization will operate with 2 arms tied behind its back.
    Absolutely. As terrible as the Wilpons are, Brodie deserves the most blame for the Cano trade. I mean he was/is Cano's agent. I blame the Wilpons for hiring a sports agent who had zero Front Office experience. I mean when you look at his moves, none of them are savvy or well thought out.

Quote Originally Posted by JCrusher View Post
    Absolutely. As terrible as the Wilpons are, Brodie deserves the most blame for the Cano trade. I mean he was/is Cano's agent. I blame the Wilpons for hiring a sports agent who had zero Front Office experience. I mean when you look at his moves, none of them are savvy or well thought out.
    That was why Omar was here. I understand Brodie had the final say but Omar was the guy who was supposed to advise him along the way. They both had to know that Cano's shelf life of remaining a productive player was 2 or 3 years max with the chance that the dude **** the bed right away just because of age.

I understand what he was trying to do with Diaz though. Acquire a 24 year old closer who is still cost controlled not in his prime just yet, and coming off a dominant season. It hasn't worked out that way but there's still time for Diaz to right the ship.
    Last edited by metswon69; 07-11-2019 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    That was why Omar was here. I understand Brodie had the final say but Omar was the guy who was supposed to advise him along the way. They both had to know that Cano's shelf life of remaining a productive player was 2 or 3 years max with the chance that the dude **** the bed right away just because of age.

I understand what he was trying to do with Diaz though. Acquire a 24 year old closer who is still cost controlled not in his prime just yet, and coming off a dominant season. It hasn't worked out that way but there's still time for Diaz to right the ship.
    Or it could be that they don't have the ability to evaluate talent properly. Brodie is biased, so until he realizes that he serves the interest of this franchise first, this team is ****ed. Omar, if what you are saying is correct, doesn't have the ability to understand the shelf life of a ball player and if that is the case, Brodie has a piss poor advisor.

And the real losers in this situation are the fans of this team.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Throwing the chair was actually a stage of the humility process. Its just like the 5 stages of the grieving process.

Denial- Leaving Cano to bat 3rd
    Anger- Chair Throwing
    Bargaining- hanging out with T7L
    depression-

Acceptance- He has no choice but to accept that he failed and needs to have humility and depend on others around him.
    Last edited by marychristine; 07-11-2019 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    You keep saying Lindor. He's one of the best SS's this generation. He's under contract for 3 more years. I haven't seen or heard a single rumor about a possibility of the Indians trading him. It makes no sense whatsoever unless they are going for a full blown long term rebuild, in which case we don't have the prospects to offer for him.
    The Indians are going to rebuild.
    You guys and prospects, all I heard last year was the Mets farm sucks, they brought up 1 guy who may hit 50 hrs and win ROY, and another batting 350 and might win a batting title.
    The Indians arent paying Lindor and arent getting anyone with Noahs upside
    Some of you downplay any Mets value until they get dealt then you all loved them.
    Noahs not getting traded in July

Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast